Class of 2022 - SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SF Kamari Lands (IN / HillcrestAZ) Decommitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, a few things...

1 - he's clearly a Syracuse hoops MEGA-fan.
2 - he decided (just because) to donate $1 MILLION to local charities, simply because a Syracuse-adjacent hoops team won the TBT.
3 - he took over an established family business, so I'm not sure how "hard earned" his $ is, and clearly a few hundred K here and there is play money for him, like one of us finding a $20 in our pocket while doing laundry.
I'd gladly give $20 to get a kid to commit to Cuse hoops, but I don't think that'll move the needle. ;)
The business was so bad he went to jail for fraud he was doing to keep the business alive.

I just read two pages of this thread to keep up. I think it just brought back my adhd. I don't know which post to respond to... the pic of Creen with his mouth wide open (begging for a photoshop addition), orangefog's snarky yet spot on post, orangezoo not being nice, Alsacs being Alsacs, Grotto reminding of us of our guard problems, or, hmmm... ef- it. I'm going back to drinking. See you in the morning.

I just read two pages of this thread to keep up. I think it just brought back my adhd. I don't know which post to respond to... the pic of Creen with his mouth wide open (begging for a photoshop addition), orangefog's snarky yet spot on post, orangezoo not being nice, Alsacs being Alsacs, Grotto reminding of us of our guard problems, or, hmmm... ef- it. I'm going back to drinking. See you in the morning.

Not being nice? Lol. I'm gonna frame this one and prove that it's possible. Usually yelled at for the opposite. Cheers.

You guys want to see a difference made? Tell Weitsman or some other rich alum to get a basketball academy built in Upstate and plug one of the big AAU coaches in charge of the national team. That is what Hillcrest is.
someone pm me weitsman's favorite coffee shop so I can relentlessly bark orders at him until he complies

Anybody that doesn’t come here isn’t a big loss and everyone who does is the best player ever.
No I mean hes not a big loss lmao. We're all over Bunch and quite possibly could get Barlow. Lands ain't that good. There's a reason he's shot down the rankings and Bunch and Barlow have shot up. But what do I know right

You guys want to see a difference made? Tell Weitsman or some other rich alum to get a basketball academy built in Upstate and plug one of the big AAU coaches in charge of the national team. That is what Hillcrest is.
I thought that was already in the works??

No I mean hes not a big loss lmao. We're all over Bunch and quite possibly could get Barlow. Lands ain't that good. There's a reason he's shot down the rankings and Bunch and Barlow have shot up. But what do I know right
I'm not closely following the Barlow or Bunch recruiting thread, but what makes them different from Lands in terms of wanting to evaluate a school based on the NIL potential? Because they're not rated as high, they'll have lower expectations? I can't imagine they've come out and said they're not interested in those things.

In general I am not a big fan of "so the player is no longer coming, he wasn't that good ". No one is criticizing people's assessments or anything like that either. So don't be so defensive. I will say this though, I feel pretty certain that if Lands circled back with Syracuse and said I am ready to sign that both the staff and fans would be pretty happy in the end. That said, wish the young man well and move on. Seems pretty easy.

I'm not closely following the Barlow or Bunch recruiting thread, but what makes them different from Lands in terms of wanting to evaluate a school based on the NIL potential? Because they're not rated as high, they'll have lower expectations? I can't imagine they've come out and said they're not interested in those things.
They're not ranked lower lol. Barlow is 61 on Rivals, Bunch is 54 on 247, and Lands is I believe 59 on 247. There isn't a huge difference if you base your opinion off rankings. But I don't do that. I watched multiple Team WhyNot games and Rens games. Barlow outplayed Lands by a mile. Bunch is a much smarter player than Lands. Lands is a solid player and has a good frame sure, but he's nowhere near the player we thought he was 4 months ago when he committed. So hopefully that gives some clearance for the ones that disagrees with me

Well said. If we get Bunch or Barlow, I'm happy. If we get both, I'm ecstatic. Same goes for Bunch with Carey.

Exactly. It's a proven path to the NBA now and the examples are only going to increase in number. It may very likely move collegiate hoops to being about giving a kid a scholarship and a chance to hone their craft on the court as well, over time. Nowadays its a stepping stone for those who are destined to play in the NBA because they are 70-80 pct ready for pro ball when they step on campus.
If that’s the way this plays out, I’m all for it. If the Elite program takes kids away from college who have no interest in attending college, Great! Then maybe, just maybe, college athletics can return to student/athlete endeavors, with an emphasis on students.

If that’s the way this plays out, I’m all for it. If the Elite program takes kids away from college who have no interest in attending college, Great! Then maybe, just maybe, college athletics can return to student/athlete endeavors, with an emphasis on students.

It's the best case scenario for sure. I'm not sure this will be how it goes especially if the conference alliances end up eliminating parity altogether but it's hard to forecast exactly how this is going to play out.

Well, the perceived, short-lived commitment of Kamari Lands severely impacted the interest of Ty Rogers playing for Syracuse in 2022. It was almost like the switch went off for Rogers interest the day Lands verbally committed. Too bad, Rogers moved on because Lands did (move on).

Felt like Syracuse had a good chance with Rogers until that point.

I appreciate your info and content however I disagree. Lands is very good and would fit well as a classic Syracuse forward.

I appreciate your info and content however I disagree. Lands is very good and would fit well as a classic Syracuse forward.
You do realize while he would fit as a strong forward, he did not see his future as a forward but as a NBA guard. He wanted to play guard in college.

Well, the perceived, short-lived commitment of Kamari Lands severely impacted the interest of Ty Rogers playing for Syracuse in 2022. It was almost like the switch went off for Rogers interest the day Lands verbally committed. Too bad, Rogers moved on because Lands did (move on).

Felt like Syracuse had a good chance with Rogers until that point.
Rodgers was not coming here.

trust me on this one lol. he's not very good.
Think Kamari would be a solid college player. Average to good at everything but not elite at anything, seems like a poor mans Mali but with worse the off the dribble creation. Both are streaky shooters though.

I love how some members were preaching that Lands was a stud and was a HUGE commit for Cuse. Now that he decommitted, he's a scrub. Lol. Also happens when a big-time recruit we were after picks another program. It's like death and taxes. I'll write it off to it being how some of us just try to cope. Just find it a bit amusing.

I love how some members were preaching that Lands was a stud and was a HUGE commit for Cuse. Now that he decommitted, he's a scrub. Lol. Also happens when a big-time recruit we were after picks another program. It's like death and taxes. I'll write it off to it being how some of us just try to cope. Just find it a bit amusing.

The loss is really only reduced if we can replace him with someone like JJ. The comments around this being a legit concern because he hasn't been here yet I don't see why they would be upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom