Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

Well, I appreciate everyone's sentiments here. I've talked to Adam about this multiple times. But yeah, probably best to hold off saying anything publicly on this topic lol.
think-smart.gif

I texted with Adam W. not too long ago about this. Since it's an official visit, I don't believe that Adam can have contact with Marcus.
School pays for the OV and there are supposed to be rules for those. Unofficial visits are supposed to be paid by the recruit but I've heard rumors of boosters now paying for the unofficial visits under the guise of NIL

Last edited:
School pays for the OV and there are supposed to be rules for those. Unofficial visits are supposed to be paid by the recruit but I've heard rumors of boosters now paying for the unofficial visits under the guide of NIL
Is it nil or is it nail

Adams is a multi skilled big forward. He can put it on the floor, pass and shoot it from deep. It’s been a while since we had a forward like him. We need some forwards who can attack off the dribble. He would be a great addition. If he comes, I doubt we sign Owens.

Adams is a multi skilled big forward. He can put it on the floor, pass and shoot it from deep. It’s been a while since we had a forward like him. We need some forwards who can attack off the dribble. He would be a great addition. If he comes, I doubt we sign Owens.
Sounds good, I’m in. Sign him up!

(Serious question) If he’s this good, how come the other recruiting service seemingly haven’t put eyes on him?

Adams attends Narbonne HS in CA, the alma mater of Devaughn Cooper, who just completed his 7th & final year of CFB. He was our 2nd leading WR this year.

If he ends up reclassifying & picking SU, he’d arrive on campus 3 months after Cooper leaves even though he was a 4th grader during Cooper’s senior year of HS lol

How cool would it be if they met & took a photo on his visit Monday?

(Serious question) If he’s this good, how come the other recruiting service seemingly haven’t put eyes on him?
Fair question. I'll definitely be curious to see where Adams lands in future ranking updates, whether in 2023 or 2024. He also played for an AAU team during the last circuit that I don't think is a big-time program (I mean that with no disrespect), so not sure how many analysts and scouts were watching him.

40pt game from 2 days ago
Not to state the obvious but he wasn’t exactly going up against top talent there. He looks athletic and has a nice shot and I’m sure he can play but let’s not get carried away with these 40 to 60 point outings against kids who look like they’re waiting for the game to end so they can go to Carvel.

Not to state the obvious but he wasn’t exactly going up against top talent there. He looks athletic and has a nice shot and I’m sure he can play but let’s not get carried away with these 40 to 60 point outings against kids who look like they’re waiting for the game to end so they can go to Carvel.
I agree that it does not look like great competition in his film. That has surely hurt him getting respect and high ratings. And it makes it hard to evaluate him.

Looks like he went against Mikey Williams last fall in an epic showdown that put him on the map as a prospect. Some might find this video interesting…..

I agree that it does not look like great competition in his film. That has surely hurt him getting respect and high ratings. And it makes it hard to evaluate him.

Looks like he went against Mikey Williams last fall in an epic showdown that put him on the map as a prospect. Some might find this video interesting…..

The whole video is worth watching, but if you want one play that says A LOT...start at 2:30. Then remember he is 6'8 and not a string bean.

Narbonne, I believe, is the same hs that Stevie Thompson's kid went to, the one that did quite well at Oregon State. Big sized school too, I think. Dino has recruited football players from there as well. Sean Riley and Devaughn Cooper.

Appreciate you. Adam has shared his thoughts, but I def don't wanna burn a bridge here haha.
If I were trying to get my website off the ground, considering the access he's giving you, I'd give him editorial rights to keep him talking to me. ;)

Last edited: