Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

Heck yeah! I'm a proud alum (2000). And I went to Boeheim's camp in HS :)
I want to Boeheim camp too when I was in middle school, sprained my ankle first day of drills, and had to watch on crutches the rest of the week. Haha.

Keep the nugs coming sir. Waiting for our next commitment thanks to King Weitsman

Last edited:
I want to Boeheim camp too when I was in middle school, sprained my ankle first day of drills, and had to watch on crutches the rest of the week. Haha.

Keep the nugs coming sir. Waiting for our next commitment thanks to King Weitsman
Man, sorry to hear that about your ankle. Not fun. And you got it. We talk pretty much every day haha. Should be more stuff coming soon.

Marcus posted himself having a conversation with Melo on his instagram story. I heard Melo say “I support you and the University” and after Marcus thanked him. In my opinion based off that and how high he’s been on Syracuse since the offer, it’s all about wrapped up here.

Marcus posted himself having a conversation with Melo on his instagram story. I heard Melo say “I support you and the University” and after Marcus thanked him. In my opinion based off that and how high he’s been on Syracuse since the offer, it’s all about wrapped up here.
Based on what I've been told, SU is in a very good spot with Marcus.

Really would be great to get a commit like this in the fold. Wears jersey #21 @ Narbonne. Hell, give him the same jersey number @ SU.

Looks like a more physical forward. Not a long lengthy player that we generally recruit.

Very Skilled, not Uber bouncy. Not really a fit for the zone.

Makes me wonder…
You don’t think he’d do well in the zone? He’s every bit of 6’8” and he could be SF or PF. I agree, he’s not a crazy athlete, but he’s an above average athlete and super skilled. I could see lineups with he and Maliq if we want to go big and grab boards or he and JT or Bell when we want outside shooting.

Looks like a more physical forward. Not a long lengthy player that we generally recruit.

Very Skilled, not Uber bouncy. Not really a fit for the zone.

Makes me wonder…
6'8" 201 is great size for a high school small forward. In the article in the first post, he is described as bouncy, among other things. As long as he can cover a lot of space. Hopefully not afraid to bang the boards and can shoot. Syracuse Basketball: Orange offers west coast standout with deep range

Sounds like he could also reclassify to 2023.

Sure I'd love his commitment and it would be cool if he could be a class of 23 but I think we're looking at it wrong If we think that solves our issues for next year.
Hes a would be hs senior, we learned this year that youth is not the quick fix, immediate solution/upgrade with th exception of maybe Mintz. They need to pound the portal for an upgrade at forward. And the key word being upgrade, not just replacement.
With that said it might be better if he stays in 24 provided JB does his job in the off-season.

6'8" 201 is great size for a high school small forward. In the article in the first post, he is described as bouncy, among other things. As long as he can cover a lot of space. Hopefully not afraid to bang the boards and can shoot. Syracuse Basketball: Orange offers west coast standout with deep range

Sounds like he could also reclassify to 2023.
Well, Marcus does have the option to be in 2023 or 2024, although Adam W.'s NIL offer to Marcus is for 2023 (at least for the time being). I guess maybe this could all shake down to whether guys leave in the off-season, etc.

Well, Marcus does have the option to be in 2023 or 2024, although Adam W.'s NIL offer to Marcus is for 2023 (at least for the time being). I guess maybe this could all shake down to whether guys leave in the off-season, etc.
He shouldn’t be afraid of a little competition. He will always face that moving forward. Has he watched our forwards? I’m not sure why he’s worried about anyone on the current roster.

Melo getting involved with recruiting is absolutely incredible.