Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

Quincy ended up like that because he got poor advice. Instead of working on a 15-20 foot jumper, his camp told him he needed to be a perimeter player. He's arguably worse at Oregon than he ever was at SU.
Didn’t even realize he was still there. He had 2 points last night in 20 min.

Didn’t even realize he was still there. He had 2 points last night in 20 min.
He's 23 now as well. There were people who thought he'd enter the draft after his sophomore year because his age would work against him.

No. Good last impressions go a long way. We don't have a good history with recruits leaning towards us then having opportunities for second thoughts or doubts.
Kid should take all the trips he can. If he’s going to come here and hate it and get caught up in what could’ve been, it’s just as bad as if he never showed up at all

That is one of the issues I have with our coaches. We get kids who come in as freshmen lacking a particular skill set and they are labeled and not encouraged to build on that lacking skill set. If that's the case, why do we even have position/skill coaches? Why do 3 or 4 year guys come in and leave pretty much with the same skill set? Bell is a terrific shooter and with ball handling/dribbling training from now through the summer, with our coaches or outside skills trainers he should improve drastically by next season and beyond. These are kids who should still be learning and growing and not labeled and growth stunted.
We aren't taking the best kids: we get the best ones that will take us.

I'm watching videos of Marcus Adams. I don't think people realize how good he is. He has fallen through the cracks and if we land him, and it looks like we will. We are VERY fortunate. This young man is a killer. And, he has a younger brother that may be just as good, if not better. I hope we are all over him. He is class of 2026 and just scratching the surface.

If you can't watch the whole video check out the stretch from 4:25-4:47. At the end, that's Maximo (Marcus' brother hitting the three, he's a freshman).

Last edited:
I'm watching videos of Marcus Adams. I don't think people realize how good he is. He has fallen through the cracks and if we land him, and it looks like we will. We are VERY fortunate. This young man is a killer. And, he has a younger brother that may be just as good, if not better. I hope we are all over him. He is class of 2026 and just scratching the surface.
Absolutely agree. I watched a bunch of him last night and…wow. Shocked how ‘low’ he’s rated. He’s a top 25 talent and I fully expect his rankings to rise* going forward.

(*if he commits to us, he’ll drop out of the top 100)

Absolutely agree. I watched a bunch of him last night and…wow. Shocked how ‘low’ he’s rated. He’s a top 25 talent and I fully expect his rankings to rise* going forward.

(*if he commits to us, he’ll drop out of the top 100)
Agree everything except the dropping in ranking. I think he will rise. If he goes back to 2023, he may not rise quite as high, but I don't care. This kid is GOOD. He would be a great compliment to Maliq. And, if Benny stays, we would have one hell of a forward rotation with Benny, Maliq, Adams and Bell...assuming that Taylor moves to the guard rotation.

Agree everything except the dropping in ranking. I think he will rise. If he goes back to 2023, he may not rise quite as high, but I don't care. This kid is GOOD. He would be a great compliment to Maliq. And, if Benny stays, we would have one hell of a forward rotation with Benny, Maliq, Adams and Bell...assuming that Taylor moves to the guard rotation.
Agree completely. His skill-set and athleticism at 6’8 looks like a 5 star talent to me, the * in my post was just playing into the ongoing ‘Cuse commit ranking drop’ joke

Agree completely. His skill-set and athleticism at 6’8 looks like a 5 star talent to me, the * in my post was just playing into the ongoing ‘Cuse commit ranking drop’ joke
Totally, I get it. And, it might be true, he may not reach the rankings that you or I believe he is worthy. Bottom line is, he is a player and he will raise our talent level in the forward position.

Kid should take all the trips he can. If he’s going to come here and hate it and get caught up in what could’ve been, it’s just as bad as if he never showed up at all
Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and not get greedy or swayed by free trips or brighter lights. Following recruits and college basketball for a long time, I've heard so many successful players who talked about passing up other visits soon as they knew in their heart where they wanted to go. I truly believe Quade would have had a great college career at SU and would be an NBA player if he didn't get swayed by Calipari, Wes and the bright lights of UK basketball. Tucker would have got the minutes and opportunity to show his talents if he too didn't get sucked in by the last minute predatory maneuvers of Coach K. as Duke had no use for Tucker on that roster.

Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling and not get greedy or swayed by free trips or brighter lights. Following recruits and college basketball for a long time, I've heard so many successful players who talked about passing up other visits soon as they knew in their heart where they wanted to go. I truly believe Quade would have had a great college career at SU and would be an NBA player if he didn't get swayed by Calipari, Wes and the bright lights of UK basketball. Tucker would have got the minutes and opportunity to show his talents if he too didn't get sucked in by the last minute predatory maneuvers of Coach K. as Duke had no use for Tucker on that roster.
In thi$ day and age, it'$ important to go with one'$ gut. ;)

Sounds a whole lot like he is saying he would consider a bigger offer... or something like that..
Or he wants to keep waiting for other offers as he’s in the class of 2024. Yes I know he can reclassify but he also has time for that.