Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

My biggest takeaway here is that SU coaches are showing him tons of love, and that he said his relationship with 'Cuse has grown since Red took over is a really positive sign. Seems like Kansas, Miami and Alabama are the main competition, although I thought he was taking an OV to LSU, and 'Nova is a hometown team. Would be a huge, huge get!

My biggest takeaway here is that SU coaches are showing him tons of love, and that he said his relationship with 'Cuse has grown since Red took over is a really positive sign. Seems like Kansas, Miami and Alabama are the main competition, although I thought he was taking an OV to LSU, and 'Nova is a hometown team. Would be a huge, huge get!
If our boys keep working and we have some NIL, we can get this done. This young man is the next step in bringing us back to annual top 20 finishes and beyond. Next step after Jalil is Tyler Jackson!!! If we land Jalil Bethea, we should have a great shot at Tyler Jackson because we can show him exactly where he'll fit in during his one year in college.

If our boys keep working and we have some NIL, we can get this done. This young man is the next step in bringing us back to annual top 20 finishes and beyond. Next step after Jalil is Tyler Jackson!!! If we land Jalil Bethea, we should have a great shot at Tyler Jackson because we can show him exactly where he'll fit in during his one year in college.
Well said. And for 2025, I'll take a backcourt of Tyler and Kiyan. Sound good? :)

Well said. And for 2025, I'll take a backcourt of Tyler and Kiyan. Sound good? :)
Honestly, that sounds good, but I'm not as high on Kiyan as some. If he grows into a small forward, then I am all for him. But, he has some work to do to catch up to some of the other SG's that we are going after.

Honestly, that sounds good, but I'm not as high on Kiyan as some. If he grows into a small forward, then I am all for him. But, he has some work to do to catch up to some of the other SG's that we are going after.
Well, he did just move inside the top 40 of his class, after being around No. 70 nationally. But I hear ya. SU has offers out to a bunch of impressive guards/wings in 2025.

Bethea and Moore will be a dynamic backcourt. You bring in Anthony and Tyler the following year and things will be humming. I like the kind of players Red is looking at. They are all alphas and have that dog mentality. He needs to lock in on some bigs. Besides Freeman, I don’t see SU mentioned with many other bigs.

Bethea and Moore will be a dynamic backcourt. You bring in Anthony and Tyler the following year and things will be humming. I like the kind of players Red is looking at. They are all alphas and have that dog mentality. He needs to lock in on some bigs. Besides Freeman, I don’t see SU mentioned with many other bigs.
If you're talking about 2024, I'm not aware of any other bigs that SU is pursuing at this point. Pat N. was offered in late April, but I've been told SU isn't a player for him, at least right now. Several PFs that SU has offered in 2025, Bundalo and Sadiq W.

If you're talking about 2024, I'm not aware of any other bigs that SU is pursuing at this point. Pat N. was offered in late April, but I've been told SU isn't a player for him, at least right now. Several PFs that SU has offered in 2025, Bundalo and Sadiq W.
I’m thinking more about 2025 and beyond. I don’t expect any other bigs for 2024.

Red's recruiting seems to indicate he doesn't care much about big men relative to guards.

As it is, we have two athletic freshman 7 footers in Carey and Patterson who are unlikely to have much of an impact until the fall of '25 at any rate. Brown and Bell are scheduled to be seniors that year as well. The three guards lineup we seem to be planning doesn't leave as many roster spots for big guys.

Besides, we have a ton of forwards and centers on the roster, through 24-25 season.

Assuming no attrition, the 24-25 forwards and centers will be:

C Carey JR, Patterson JR
F Brown SR Bell SR Taylor SR Freeman SO

A center won't be urgent until '26, although we should get another forward either 24 or 25 to prevent a potential gap.

Red's recruiting seems to indicate he doesn't care much about big men relative to guards. Add it is, we have two athletic freshman 7 footers in Carey and Patterson who are unlikely to have much of an impact until the fall of '25 at any rate. Brown and Bell are scheduled to be seniors that year as well. The three guards lineup we seem to be planning doesn't leave as many roster spots for big guys.

Besides, we have a ton of forwards and centers on the roster, through 24-25 season.

Assuming no attrition, the 24-25 forwards and centers will be:

C Carey JR, Patterson JR
F Brown SR Bell SR Taylor SR Freeman SO

A center won't be urgent until '26, although we should get another forward either 24 or 25 to prevent a potential gap.
Consider how bigs typically develop, slowly. Maybe the idea is that we grab our guards from high school and our bigs from the portal. Sounds like a sound strategy to me.

I’m thinking more about 2025 and beyond. I don’t expect any other bigs for 2024.
Agreed about 2024. Well, I'm aware of two 2025 offers to those PFs, Bundalo and White. Not aware of any 2025 offers to centers at this point.

Consider how bigs typically develop, slowly. Maybe the idea is that we grab our guards from high school and our bigs from the portal. Sounds like a sound strategy to me.
I would like that, while also keeping one developmental big on the roster out of HS. Constant flow of guards from HS that project to play 1-3 years and go pro. Grab bigs from the portal who are developed and can provide upperclassman leadership.

I'd be shocked if Syracuse isn't in his top 5. Interesting that Mike W. didn't mention LSU re: Bethea, since I believe he's taking an OV to LSU in September.
Did he cancel the LSU visit? He's quoted in this new article saying his only OV on the schedule is Kansas on 8/31, he's talking to Miami about maybe taking a visit, he wants to take another visit to Cuse, and he might think about visiting Bama. No mention of LSU lately.

I think it's a Cuse v Kansas battle, unless Miami or Alabama put together a crazy package or another blueblood enters the mix like Kentucky.

Did he cancel the LSU visit? He's quoted in this new article saying his only OV on the schedule is Kansas on 8/31, he's talking to Miami about maybe taking a visit, he wants to take another visit to Cuse, and he might think about visiting Bama. No mention of LSU lately.

I think it's a Cuse v Kansas battle, unless Miami or Alabama put together a crazy package or another blueblood enters the mix like Kentucky.

Yeah, I saw several articles mentioning an LSU OV in September, but not in this latest one. Maybe he canceled it. Jalil has talked about taking an OV to Miami for months now, so yeah, I would agree Miami and definitely Kansas are likely the biggest competition for SU unless, as you say, Kentucky offers.

Yeah, I saw several articles mentioning an LSU OV in September, but not in this latest one. Maybe he canceled it. Jalil has talked about taking an OV to Miami for months now, so yeah, I would agree Miami and definitely Kansas are likely the biggest competition for SU unless, as you say, Kentucky offers.
Believe it or not, I heard they weren't all that impressed with him. to be fair, they did see him on a off day for him.

Believe it or not, I heard they weren't all that impressed with him. to be fair, they did see him on an off day for him.
Who’s they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom