Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Cuse in real good shape here. They aren’t in anything but top 2.

As far as Kiyan who has been discussed here, look out for Indiana. Woodson is like his 2nd dad and he loves it there.

Would love to see these 2 on cuse though. Would be amazing

A Bethea, Freeman and Choppa class would be our best class since…?

Certainly the best since I’ve followed recruiting.
I would say 2011. We had two McDonald's All Americans in MCW and Christmas with a Cooney kicker. Bethea is pretty much a guaranteed MAA and Freeman is trending that way. And, Choppa will end up ranked higher than Cooney was. So, there is potential that they would be even better than the 2011 class.

Last edited:
I would say 2011. We had two McDonald's All Americans in MCW and Christmas with a Cooney kicker. Bethea is pretty much a guaranteed MAA and Freeman is trending that way. And, Choppa could end up ranked higher than Cooney was. So, there is potential that they would be even better than the 2011 class.
I think Freeman just misses out unfortunately, based on numbers. Have to be a consensus Top 25 to be in the mix - he’s more like 30-40.

Bethea is a sure fire McD AA.

2015 did produce two NBA 1st round picks and a Final Four. I would say it comps best to that class on paper. Frank Howard wasn’t quite as good as Moore, but Lydon and Richardson were both Top 30-40 guys, and Richardson was McD’s.

I do think Bethea is better than them all. Might be the best recruit since ‘Melo if we are being honest.

I think Freeman just misses out unfortunately, based on numbers. Have to be a consensus Top 25 to be in the mix - he’s more like 30-40.

2015 did produce two NBA 1st round picks and a Final Four. I would say it comps best to that class on paper. Frank Howard wasn’t quite as good as Moore, but Lydon and Richardson were both Top 30-40 guys, and Richardson was McD’s.

I do think Bethea is better than them all. Might be the best recruit since ‘Melo if we are being honest.
Well, Donnie is in the 30-40 range now, but if he crushes it as a senior for SJC and his team is nationally ranked, he could slide up to 5-star range. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that Bethea was ranked way further down than he is now.

I would say best since Dion.

I don’t recall Howard or Lydon being rated anywhere in the top 50. Lydon was a late riser just to get in the top 100 at maybe top 75 or so and Frank was top 100. Also, for me, I don’t look at how they performed at Syracuse or if they were drafted. Just at their ranking in high school and the relative strength of their respective classes.

Did he cancel the LSU visit? He's quoted in this new article saying his only OV on the schedule is Kansas on 8/31, he's talking to Miami about maybe taking a visit, he wants to take another visit to Cuse, and he might think about visiting Bama. No mention of LSU lately.

I think it's a Cuse v Kansas battle, unless Miami or Alabama put together a crazy package or another blueblood enters the mix like Kentucky.

Kansas just offered ‘24 PG Mikey Lewis from CA.
I think it really helps us that Bethea can look at Judah Mintz, who came in as a scoring guard like Bethea and made great progress in his NBA transition to point guard.

Great shape, Miami a bigger threat than Kansas imo
Miami has been pursuing Jalil much longer than Kansas. Hurricanes have been in on him probably as long as SU. But if UM doesn't get an OV, and Kansas reportedly is, not sure if UM is more of a threat than Kansas to SU winning out.

Miami has been pursuing Jalil much longer than Kansas. Hurricanes have been in on him probably as long as SU. But if UM doesn't get an OV, and Kansas reportedly is, not sure if UM is more of a threat than Kansas to SU winning out.
We need to use the “Jim (Larranaga) is really old and won’t be there much longer” negative recruiting tactic that was used against us for so many years.

We need to use the “Jim (Larranaga) is really old and won’t be there much longer” negative recruiting tactic that was used against us for so many years.

We need the nice crop of guards we have this year to start painting the picture of how he can excel here. Even if that is talking it up good with everyone back for the summer building that up.

I'd love that class. We'd just need three guys to leave after this season!
Judah and JJ are likely gone, especially after they lead us to a top 4 ACC finish and a Sweet 16, LOL. One can hope. I think we’re gonna be a lot better next season than the college basketball experts think.

Last edited:
Cuse in real good shape here. They aren’t in anything but top 2.

As far as Kiyan who has been discussed here, look out for Indiana. Woodson is like his 2nd dad and he loves it there.

Would love to see these 2 on cuse though. Would be amazing
Kiyan to Indiana would be sacrilege. Is he not aware of 1987? Lol. For real, though, Woodson might be a father figure to Melo. But Melo literally redeemed the 1987 Syracuse heartbreaker title loss to Indiana in the same building. There’s no way Kiyan isn’t going to Cuse if we want him and have space for him to play a key role as a freshman. Melo will make sure of it—and so will our coaching staff. Too much history there for IU to overcome.

Last edited:
Judah and JJ are likely gone, especially after they lead us to a top 4 ACC finish and a Sweet 16, LOL. One can hope. I think we’re gonna be a lot better next season than the college basketball experts think.
I'm there with you, my friend. I acknowledge my Orange-colored glasses, but I am cautiously optimistic about a top-six finish in the ACC. Just fascinated to watch this roster, with all these new faces and a new HC, a mix of man/zone, up-tempo, etc.

Kiyan to Indiana would be sacrilege. Is he not aware of 1987? Lol. For real, though, Woodson might be a beloved father figure to Kiyan. But Melo literally redeemed the 1987 Syracuse heartbreaker title loss to Indiana in the same building. There’s no way Kiyan isn’t going to Cuse if we want him and have space for him to play a key role as a freshman. Melo will make sure of it—and so will our coaching staff. Too much history there for IU to overcome.
Kiyan Anthony was born in 2007, what do you think lol. Kids don’t care about history only the present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom