Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

With the paycheck he’ll be getting? I think he’ll be more than okay with it.
As has been talked about many times, these kids just aren’t getting anywhere the kind of money that they are originally promised. But the players and their families aren’t able to see through the lies and fallacies.

SU is no longer getting top ten kids. The days of Carmelo, Pearl, Coleman and Owens are over. This kid was supposed to be a lock and it’s like SU didn’t exist with this kid. Just a week ago they listed the top ten kids and where they were projected to go and Bethea was listed fir SU.

SU is no longer getting top ten kids. The days of Carmelo, Pearl, Coleman and Owens are over. This kid was supposed to be a lock and it’s like SU didn’t exist with this kid. Just a week ago they listed the top ten kids and where they were projected to go and Bethea was listed fir SU.
We will get good players. Let Red and the rest of the staff get a track record first. He hasn’t even coached a game.

We will get good players. Let Red and the rest of the staff get a track record first. He hasn’t even coached a game.
Yeah, I agree. Missing out on Jalil stings, but Miami has been on him just as long and has the Team Final connection. Reaffirmed Elijah. Got Donnie (who is trending toward top 25). Let's see how Red does on the court and then with the 2025 class, lots of studs in play there :)

I didn’t say we wouldn’t get good players. We‘re just not going to get top ten players.

I didn’t say we wouldn’t get good players. We‘re just not going to get top ten players.
Based on what? Red has no track record. If there’s a top 10 kid from Team Takeover we will be in the mix.

Yeah, I agree. Missing out on Jalil stings, but Miami has been on him just as long and has the Team Final connection. Reaffirmed Elijah. Got Donnie (who is trending toward top 25). Let's see how Red does on the court and then with the 2025 class, lots of studs in play there :)
Looking back we should have saw the Miami connection with the Team Final AAU coach and realized they were a bigger threat.

Looking back we should have saw the Miami connection with the Team Final AAU coach and realized they were a bigger threat.
I hear ya. It's a bummer, don't get me wrong, but I just feel like Autry & Co. did EVERYTHING humanly possible to land Jalil. Just didn't work out. Doesn't mean the SU staff won't fare well in recruiting at the HS level and in the portal :)

What do you mean by “it’s like SU didn’t exist”

They got the original OV, they were in the top 5, he said good things, he just liked Miami more. Anyone who said he was a lock is an idiot, no highschool player is a lock.

What do you mean by “it’s like SU didn’t exist”

They got the original OV, they were in the top 5, he said good things, he just liked Miami more. Anyone who said he was a lock is an idiot, no highschool player is a lock.
Amen all around.

I tend to agree. The university just isn’t willing to do what is necessary to land top ten kids. I don’t blame them, it’s dirty business.

NIL isn’t always the reason we lose kids and might not have been the reason here. I think it’s used as an excuse far too often.
Agreed. Plus, a new NIL collective launched today in Syracuse, Orange United, and the founder of the organization that runs this collective told me they have a goal of $6M to $9M in NIL deals annually for Syracuse players. I don't think NIL should be a huge issue at SU moving forward as far as remaining competitive...

We were his first offer from an historically elite program and were recruiting him hard before Miami really got involved. He visited the campus last fall for the ND football game. Agree with the rest.

"No longer?" As in forever?
That is quite a line in the sand you are drawing. A bit dramatic, too.

We were his first offer from an historically elite program and were recruiting him hard before Miami really got involved. He visited the campus last fall for the ND football game. Agree with the rest.
Actually, Villanova, UCLA and many others, including Miami, offered Jalil before SU...and yes, he definitely took an OV to the Hill the month after SU offered him.

Miami also had an assistant from Philly who coached the Team Final AAU program where Bethea played. Kind of how we had Straughn to get Freeman.

"No longer?" As in forever?
That is quite a line in the sand you are drawing. A bit dramatic, too.
We have not landed a top ten recruit in twenty years. Carmelo was the last one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom