Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Kansas and Nova are going to be hard to beat NIL wise, we’ll see what happens with Miami
Yeah Im just hoping we can keep it close enough to where the other factors come into play. Think weve probably built the best relationship to this point and emphasized how much we want him. Ive seen him mention multiple times he wants to go to the place that he feels most wanted, hopefully he means that.

Yeah, as far as relationship-building, I think SU is at the top with Jalil. Been prioritizing him for a long time, well before he blew up due to strong play in his junior season and in AAU. If it comes down to NIL, maybe that hurts SU a little, but if he's all about relationships and going where he feels wanted, that's SU, baby! Personally, I think Autry rather than JB being head coach helps SU with Jalil. I'm so curious about what the coaches are telling 2024 recruits about playing time, etc., given 13 on schollie right now and no seniors.

Yeah, as far as relationship-building, I think SU is at the top with Jalil. Been prioritizing him for a long time, well before he blew up due to strong play in his junior season and in AAU. If it comes down to NIL, maybe that hurts SU a little, but if he's all about relationships and going where he feels wanted, that's SU, baby! Personally, I think Autry rather than JB being head coach helps SU with Jalil. I'm so curious about what the coaches are telling 2024 recruits about playing time, etc., given 13 on schollie right now and no seniors.
Tbh it’s pretty easy. Judah and JJ are leaving after this year. Jalil gets the keys to the offense day 1. His backcourt mate is either Elijah Moore, Cufee or Westry. He’ll be surrounded by very good players in Westry, Freeman, Brown, Moore, Cufee, McLeod. JT, Copeland and Benny if they are still here. It’s a pretty easy sell, relationship wise our coaches have a GREAT relationship with him, better than any school recruiting him right now. He’ll have very good talent around him and he gets the keys to the offense. Really only thing up in the air with him and Cuse right now is NIL money. If we offer him a fair amount compared to others and we have a good season and our players show they are good that are going to be around Jalil. I think we’ll get him. Either way if Jalil is coming to Cuse he’s going to put on a show and be a top 5-10 pick. I’ve been saying it for awhile now, this kid is unreal and he’s a top 5 talent in his class.

He should've done a lot more w/ the talent he's bought in. When Coach K got into the OAD game, he was a consistent NC contender, but PayPalCal has floundered the last few years.
It still would be stupid to get rid of him though- no one's gonna recruit better than Cal.
Well, yeah, of course, there's no
Denying that. I'm just simply saying that's I do not think that's. They are gonna jump the gun Unless they have a definite replacement that they know what? Come in and pretty much do a better job than Calipari has. I mean, it is not hard to recruit. I can talking, but you'd have to get the right guy. Still to keep recruiting where it has been since. Hes been there because it's pretty much been Kentucky was. For a good 56 years, maybe More 3 in the best talent every year. And then Duke closed the gap and a few years, surpassed them. But still, it goes back-and-forth. Each year like this season, Kentucky gonna bring in the best class with duke number 2. But only time will tell I mean.
It's not like Kentucky doesn't have the money to go out and do so. So we shall see, it will be interesting. I think UK Should try to get Nate Oates from Alabama.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, of course, there's no
Denying that. I'm just simply saying that's I do not think that's. They are gonna jump the gun Unless they have a definite replacement that they know what? Come in and pretty much do a better job than Calipari has. I mean, it is not hard to recruit. I can talking, but you'd have to get the right guy. Still to keep recruiting where it has been since. Hes been there because it's pretty much been Kentucky was. For a good 56 years, maybe More 3 in the best talent every year. And then Duke closed the gap and a few years, surpassed them. But still, it goes back-and-forth. Each year like this season, Kentucky gonna bring in the best class with duke number 2. But only time will tell I mean.
It's not like Kentucky doesn't have the money to go out and do so. So we shall see, it will be interesting. I think UK Should try to get Nate Oates from Alabama.
If this was the edited post, I'd hate to see the original. Never tried one before but pretty sure I need a Xanax right now.

I just don’t understand how Nova is ahead of us in NIL. We are the bigger school with a bigger fan base and more resources. Figure it out.
Yea, I think people are making assumptions they shouldn’t make. I doubt Nova has way more NIL $$$ than us. But probably safe to assume Kansas does.

Yea, I think people are making assumptions they shouldn’t make. I doubt Nova has way more NIL $$$ than us. But probably safe to assume Kansas does.
Totally agree here about Villanova and Kansas.

Since they hired their basketball GM position (in charge of getting more NIL), they were able to overspend to retain their best player (which we couldn’t do), be more of a legit landing spot for Hunter Dickinson (which we weren’t), and add in 4 high profile transfers (which isn’t cheap).

I don’t think they have significantly more money than us overall, I think their more focused on boosters giving NIL while we’re more focused on boosters donating to make buildings.

Nova only has basketball to worry about. That being said Syracuse NIL is in a lot better shape than most of our own fans and local media give credit for and will only continue to get better.
I have been wondering if the FB commits are some evidence of that?

Nova plays Division 2 In football. So focus and money is on basketball

Nova plays Division 2 In football. So focus and money is on basketball
Nova is actually FCS - Division 1A.

There was talk at one time of escalating to FBS when the Big East still had football. Had that taken place I would imagine the Philly tv market would have made them an attractive target for the ACC.

Nova is actually FCS - Division 1A.

There was talk at one time of escalating to FBS when the Big East still had football. Had that taken place I would imagine the Philly tv market would have made them an attractive target for the ACC.
My bad

Are we still in this? All day every day has 5 schools listed as warm, and we're not one of them. I know that's not definitive, just wondering if our friendly neighborhood insiders have heard anything.

If this was the edited post, I'd hate to see the original. Never tried one before but pretty sure I need a Xanax right now.
Damn, bud you must be pretty high strung. Not that serious, come on now.

19 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks.

Last edited:

When Philadelphia-based Team Final took the court for its quarterfinal game against Mokan Elite on Saturday morning, Syracuse head coach Adrian Autry and assistant Gerry McNamara were sitting across the court.

They were there to see Jalil Bethea, a 6-foot-4 guard who attends Archbishop Wood High School and plays for Team Final. Bethea is ranked ninth in the ‘24 class by ESPN, and Syracuse is in a battle with Alabama, Kansas, Villanova and Miami for his services.

Bethea said he would trim his list of schools down to a Top Five soon and figured on making a decision in the fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom