Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

Anyone wondering if nil is issue here, I can assure it’s not. The efforts of raising nil dollars has been significant. 2 people you can thank for that- JB and Melo. They know what’s needed to get these big fish to succeed

Anyone wondering if nil is issue here, I can assure it’s not. The efforts of raising nil dollars has been significant. 2 people you can thank for that- JB and Melo. They know what’s needed to get these big fish to succeed
Side note question since you mentioned Melo: is there a conflict of interest for Melo regarding Kiyan as his father and as an SU alum who’s helping with NIL? Just curious.

Side note question since you mentioned Melo: is there a conflict of interest for Melo regarding Kiyan as his father and as an SU alum who’s helping with NIL? Just curious.
I don’t know to be honest with you. I don’t think so but I think it’s situational

I doubt it.

Because he's BOTH an alum and the kid's parent.

It's like when JB was able to go attend AAU events when Buddy was playing at the high school level, even though the games were during a "dead" period. JB wasn't banned from attending despite being a college coach because he was a parent of one of the players.

Can't envision that there would be any form of restrictions on Melo that would rise to "conflict of interest" level, for that same reason. I mean -- if he wants to pay his kid, wouldn't that just be considered an "allowance?"

I doubt it.

It's like when JB was able to go attend AAU events when Buddy was playing at the high school level, even though the games were during a "dead" period. JB wasn't banned from attending despite being a college coach because he was a parent of one of the players.

Can't envision that there would be any form of restrictions on Melo that would rise to "conflict of interest" level, for that same reason. I mean -- if he wants to pay his kid, wouldn't that just be considered an "allowance?"
Overall it’s an interesting situation because I do think Indiana is a legit threat.

Orange looks way better, Jalil...
Hilarious that they hang those banners from the 1920s. We don’t do that for our Helms titles. #Weaksauce

I doubt it.

You just hope they use common sense. Sadly it’s the NCAA ……..

Miami is about to get a commitment from another top 50 shooting guard. I assume that means they are out on Bethea.

So it will be a battle with Kansas or with the late arrivals should things change

I said a little while ago that a miracle was needed for JB to end up at Miami. Kansas would have to come on pretty strong but I don’t see how he doesn’t choose cuse. Been the leader for a while

Wonder how this class would compare over history if JB does indeed pick Cuse.

I said a little while ago that a miracle was needed for JB to end up at Miami. Kansas would have to come on pretty strong but I don’t see how he doesn’t choose cuse. Been the leader for a while
FWIW from the Kansas site below. I'm not sure what Miami's PG situation is, but clearly the pitch of Bethea taking over lead guard duties from Mintz is a compelling approach. Sounds like KU would not consider that. And before peeps moan, I don't consider the below overly boastful. KU has been dominant for a long while now. They have a ton to sell. I very much hope he picks Cuse. But you can see the appeal of the team that wins its league and is a top 3 seed literally every year.

My pops was in Larry this weekend and while he didn’t have any specific information on the recruits, he did say that all the current players, former players, and recruits (and coaches) were having a blast when they were around them. Sounds like it was a fun weekend.

Bethea has a tough decision to make. I have no doubt that we gave him his best visit by a long shot. Nobody is going to compare to our visit, or NIL package, our coach, our program, etc. The one thing we cannot offer is to put the ball in his hands. He will have to play off-ball at KU. The other programs may give him the keys to the kingdom from day 1. I think he sees himself as a 1 at the next level; at KU, he may have to play the 3 and guard bigger wings..

FWIW from the Kansas site below. I'm not sure what Miami's PG situation is, but clearly the pitch of Bethea taking over lead guard duties from Mintz is a compelling approach. Sounds like KU would not consider that. And before peeps moan, I don't consider the below overly boastful. KU has been dominant for a long while now. They have a ton to sell. I very much hope he picks Cuse. But you can see the appeal of the team that wins its league and is a top 3 seed literally every year.

My pops was in Larry this weekend and while he didn’t have any specific information on the recruits, he did say that all the current players, former players, and recruits (and coaches) were having a blast when they were around them. Sounds like it was a fun weekend.

Bethea has a tough decision to make. I have no doubt that we gave him his best visit by a long shot. Nobody is going to compare to our visit, or NIL package, our coach, our program, etc. The one thing we cannot offer is to put the ball in his hands. He will have to play off-ball at KU. The other programs may give him the keys to the kingdom from day 1. I think he sees himself as a 1 at the next level; at KU, he may have to play the 3 and guard bigger wings..

Naturally a very arrogant take which you would expect from Kansas. They bring a lot to the table some things that few other programs can. Best visit is funny- that's impossible to guarantee but I get it.

As for playing off the ball this is a perfect example of why KU isn't flooding the NBA with lead guards. That's a huge negative in today's game and one only has to watch him play to see that part of his game is developed and it would be short cutting him to not be providing that opportunity

Please post the link below there. I'd also add the 1996 game where we knocked them out of the Tournament on our way to the Final Four.

Naturally a very arrogant take which you would expect from Kansas. They bring a lot to the table some things that few other programs can. Best visit is funny- that's impossible to guarantee but I get it.

As for playing off the ball this is a perfect example of why KU isn't flooding the NBA with lead guards. That's a huge negative in today's game and one only has to watch him play to see that part of his game is developed and it would be short cutting him to not be providing that opportunity
If Red does what he wants with positionless basketball. This is where he should come. You want everyone to be able to make plays, except some centers.
The women's game is far ahead of the men in that aspect of the game.
The New York Liberty have 5 players starting who can drive pass and shoot.
4 of them can lead the fast break.

I mean this take (minus the NIL part obv) is exactly what you’d find on this board circa 2014 or before.

But I’m sure he sees himself as one and done. So it makes little sense for him to go to a place where he not play his natural position at the next level right off the bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom