Class of 2024 - SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 SG Jalil Bethea (PA) Offered

I really wish I would stop coming back to this thread. Why I keep doing this to myself is beyond me.

the simpsons football GIF

My last thoughts on this recruitment:

This is exactly what we want our staff to do in recruiting. We have a full roster of high potential currently, and we have a full roster next year.

Our two player recruiting class includes two top 50 players that will be very happy to have suiting up for us. They both committed early.

Once we had the birds in hand, we shot for the moon on a player that the staff identified as a top of the class player, even though we didn't have room for him. Bethea was an absolute luxury item, but we aren't broken without him.

In past years, we counted on top recruits so heavily, on several occasions it felt like the season was a disappointment before it started.

This is not that kind of situation.

My last thoughts on this recruitment:

This is exactly what we want our staff to do in recruiting. We have a full roster of high potential currently, and we have a full roster next year.

Our two player recruiting class includes two top 50 players that will be very happy to have sitting up for us. They both committed early.

Once we had the birds in hand, we shot for the moon for a player that the staff identified as a top of the class player, even though we didn't have room for him. Bethea was an absolute luxury item, but we aren't broken without him.

In past years, we counted on top recruits so heavily, it felt like the season was a disappointment before it started.

This is not that kind of situation.

What's also clear is we need to come out this year making a point that SU hoops is back and it's a place for big time guards to shine.

It’s amazing that mediocre Jim Larranaga can somehow recruit to backwater Miami at his advanced age and JB couldn’t? I never really understood why JB didn’t adapt quicker after that first probation. Hopefully a Cuse booster can step in with a massive NIL deal here to save the day.
are you being sarcastic?

Miami is a prime destination for a male basketball player, regardless of anything going on inside the lines.

are you being sarcastic?

Miami is a prime destination for a male basketball player, regardless of anything going on inside the lines.
It’s a Backwater as a college basketball program. Not the city. And I don’t care that they made the final four last year. They got lucky for once. They have no history or track record before that. And that grandpa coach’s age is gonna become a liability just like JB’s was for his last years.

are you being sarcastic?

I get what you are putting down and thus any large college campus is.

It’s a Backwater as a college basketball program. Not the city. And I don’t care that they made the final four last year. They got lucky for once. They have no history or track record before that. And that grandpa coach’s age is gonna become a liability just like JB’s was for his last years.
I mean, I agree that in the landscape of NCAABB Miami is a backwater...and their coach aint all that.

but in the landscape of young, successful athletes..."taking one's talents to South Beach" is pretty much as good as it gets

not sure why anyone would want to underestimate the allure that living in Miami might have for a young guy.

I mean, I agree that in the landscape of NCAABB Miami is a backwater...and their coach aint all that.

but in the landscape of young, successful athletes..."taking one's talents to South Beach" is pretty much as good as it gets

not sure why anyone would want to underestimate the allure that living in Miami might have for a young guy.

Yeah, this.

I mean, yes, The Ewe's hoops pedigree is meh, at best.
But they've been decent of late, and that's a big thing.

Also, to your point:
Lawrence KS and Syracuse NY aren't exactly the same as South Beach.

Plus - $ub$tantial other rea$on$ to go there.

Yeah, this.

I mean, yes, The Ewe's hoops pedigree is meh, at best.
But they've been decent of late, and that's a big thing.

Also, to your point:
Lawrence KS and Syracuse NY aren't exactly the same as South Beach.

Plus - $ub$tantial other rea$on$ to go there.

So for a university within some of the most popular tourist and beach destinations in the country- the school itself is just meh. It's nice don't get me wrong but they could do a whole lot more with it. You gotta head away from campus to soak in the location more and it doesn't compare to other coastal warm weather schools in many ways. The Cali schools have them whipped for example.

Feel like that's the standard these days. The final Top 3 is who offered the Top 3 in $$$
ehh, reading Dasher's comments it sounds like we were up there in terms of money seeing as he said that wasnt the problem. I also have a very hard time believing Villanova out bid Alabama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom