Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew White makes us a preseason top 10 team. The ACC would have 4 top 10 teams. Duke, Virginia, North Carolina, Syracuse.

This get would make a legit NC contender. He would provide the Malachi/Wes Johnson offense.

Battle gets the PG. Howard backup PG minutes.
Gillon/White get the SG minutes.
White/Lydon split the SF minutes.
Lydon/Roberson get the PF minutes.
Coleman/Chuwku get the C minutes.
Thompson/Moyer get an education in Boeheim U and start in 2017.
Agree 100% with the first part of your post. For the lineup, I see it differently:

Gillon starts at Point--literally zero doubt about that in my mind, based upon what I'm hearing. Howard garners backup PG minutes.
Battle starts at SG, with White providing no more than token minutes there. In actuality, the three guards will get the bulk of the minutes, playing in various combinations
White is the clear cut 3. Lydon / Moyer can fill in here a bit, as can Battle.
Lydon/Roberson get the PF minutes.
Coleman/Chuwku get the C minutes, with Lydon potentially filling in @ the pivot in our super scoring lineup.
Thompson/Moyer are probably the odd men out this year, but both are good enough to be contributors and will probably end up playing MCW frosh type of minutes that leave many wanting more.
i have given you both thumbs up because imo when say Gillon and Battle are out there they are basically interchangeable, ie combo guards. Either on can play the role of 1 or 2

I assume the money lineup (final 2 mins) is Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon, PC
^^^Assuming we get White (don't want to jinx things here)...think about the matchup nightmare for the opposing coach in that situation...if these guys play 75% of how we are thinking they are going to play, that is the kind of multiple lineup that could just torch the nets... agree cusefan88...that would be the money.

Understand, and I hope the progression takes place. But am worried as a fan of his after literally not being allowed to shoot last year and more talent coming in this year. He has great potential but may be on a short leash his entire tour.

If you're liability in one facet of your game then you need to be reminded. Obviously he brought enough to the table to warrant playing time. His passing skills were superior to anyone else's on the team and he really ran the offense well at points. Last year's team needed to be efficient to win and any mistake could have and did cost them a W in several cases. He was allowed to drive and shoot but no one needs another Ron Patterson out there jacking up ill advised threes when you're not a three point shooter. You earn leash length and if players aren't happy you've got two options; get better or hit the road.

It doesn't matter what I want. And I understand, something's got to give with all the talent we would have available. All I know is that the way Roberson played in the NCAA tournament wins games. He was everywhere, and if he can stay motivated like that for the whole year, we will want him on the floor for 30 minutes per game, especially with a true point guard giving him lobs and setting him up on the drive and dish. I am excited for what everyone brings to the game, but I am most excited to see a senior Roberson that now understands his role.
I agree with everything you and the other folk who seem to expect Roberson to play a ton of mins this year. He may very well. The only slight problem is you are focusing on his good games. He had many games that were not so good and precipitated some pretty harsh criticism from JB. All i know is: if TR is as inconsistent next season as he was last yr and White comes here, i would expect White to seriously eat into TRs mins at forward.

I agree with everything you and the other folk who seem to expect Roberson to play a ton of mins this year. He may very well. The only slight problem is you are focusing on his good games. He had many games that were not so good and precipitated some pretty harsh criticism from JB. All i know is: if TR is as inconsistent next season as he was last yr and White comes here, i would expect White to seriously eat into TRs mins at forward.
Absolutely, I am hoping that the light has come on and stays on, but if he reverts to sheepish Tyler, then he needs to sit, because there are better options.

If I were the coaches, I would love this kid, and I am sure they do. He showed a lot last year, and he is tough. He will be ok, and he will find his role on this years team, and the teams for the next couple of years. He will be a valuable piece to some great teams.
The huge difference i see between Howard and say Kaleb is their confidence. I saw Howard make silly freshman mistakes quite often last year, no big deal, thats what frosh do, but i saw a kid who had supreme confidence in himself. He prob didnt like the JB short leash, but FH still had a body language to me that he believed in himself. Which to me is very important. I just never saw that from KJ. Doesnt guarantee anything but i would buy FH stock if i could. then again i would buy stock in 10 of our guys next year, assuming White...

Sometimes tee I do this.
I 'hear you' my friend. I also have this with jordoo.
By-AZmKIIAEgU8p.png

I wonder if they saw those bizarre headlines that are searchable on google from MSN and skowt. Both say he committed here but are blank placeholders. I swear, we have had some of the strangest recruiting goings-on over the past year.

Not my fault.

I assume the money lineup (final 2 mins) is Gillon, Battle, White, Lydon, PC

Gillon, Battle, White, Roberson-Beast-Mode-Only, Lydon (fast on defense good on offense). It depends on how Lydon matches up with the other teams center.

As opposed to the amateur ones? :p
Yup, there is no hand-to-hand money exchange but they get other things paid for them like new clothes, a big apartment, a fancy car...wait, I lost my train of thought, we talking about UK basketball, right...

The huge difference i see between Howard and say Kaleb is their confidence. I saw Howard make silly freshman mistakes quite often last year, no big deal, thats what frosh do, but i saw a kid who had supreme confidence in himself. He prob didnt like the JB short leash, but FH still had a body language to me that he believed in himself. Which to me is very important. I just never saw that from KJ. Doesnt guarantee anything but i would buy FH stock if i could. then again i would buy stock in 10 of our guys next year, assuming White...

Howard is going to be one of those guys who becomes indispensable his senior season and after he's gone we are going to be pining over how we are going to replace him.

Howard is going to be one of those guys who becomes indispensable his senior season and after he's gone we are going to be pining over how we are going to replace him.
If he develops his jumper , huge if, he becomes a legit nba prospect. Just m.o.

If he develops his jumper , huge if, he becomes a legit nba prospect. Just m.o.

Tall guards are the rage. That's why the Orange are so attractive to White. We have a history of getting tall guards drafted.

This is the craziest year ever recruiting between TT and the grad transfers. To be honest with I can't wait for fantasy football to start next month so I can take a little break from Orange BB.

Tall guards are the rage. That's why the Orange are so attractive to White. We have a history of getting tall guards drafted.

This is the craziest year ever recruiting between TT and the grad transfers. To be honest with I can't wait for fantasy football to start next month so I can take a little break from Orange BB.

"As the Orange Turns..."

I dont know why exactly but he reminds me a lot of Jason Hart. As we all know JH lasted in the nba i think over 5 years. But of course with JH it was because of his defense. But if FH adds a jumper and buys into the defensive end the way JH did, imo hes got a tremendous future

Edit now i know why, i looked up his stats and JH graduated SUs second alltime assists guy. 2nd only to Sherm. I think FH has that type of potential...sorry back to the original topic

Last edited:
The starters are the players who get the most minutes.

Actually, NOT.

We've had plenty of 6th man guys play a zillion more minutes than some starters.
Lydon being the latest, but Dion made a career (literally) out of it.
Baye did too.

I love how so many folks are so quick to throw Robey under the bus, and award all his playing time to a guy we haven't signed yet, and that nobody actually knows how well he will (or won't) do in Orange - especially on D.

You don't play hard on D, you sit next to JB. And White isn't known as a + defender.

As long as Roberson is giving good effort, he's gonna play 30+ minutes a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom