Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, let's receive a verbal first. Then we can have all sorts of fun with lineup projections. I'm in wait-and-see mode especially after we couldn't close with yurt and mystery man.

I thought AW3 was the mystery man.

Maybe so, but we will be able to rebound in other areas this year. Outside of the center's, he's the least skilled player on the team.

I guess we could see a ton of Lydon at the 5 with Roberson at the 4, if you want to keep him in the game.

Roberson is being overlooked this off season. Our biggest wins last year wouldn't happen if he wasn't out there in beast mode. One could argue he was the biggest x-factor of the entire season last year. I suspect he will show improvement offensively and with a more open offense with some transition, he could be an absolute terror. Add his limitless motor when it is turned on and I see big things from him this season.

Maybe so, but we will be able to rebound in other areas this year. Outside of the center's, he's the least skilled player on the team.

I guess we could see a ton of Lydon at the 5 with Roberson at the 4, if you want to keep him in the game.
It doesn't matter what I want. And I understand, something's got to give with all the talent we would have available. All I know is that the way Roberson played in the NCAA tournament wins games. He was everywhere, and if he can stay motivated like that for the whole year, we will want him on the floor for 30 minutes per game, especially with a true point guard giving him lobs and setting him up on the drive and dish. I am excited for what everyone brings to the game, but I am most excited to see a senior Roberson that now understands his role.

Roberson needs to be able to make a 15 foot jump shot at least 50% of the time or develop some post game or he doesn't really help the offense. We can't have a 4 and 5 on the floor together which can't score. Last year Lydon played the 5 with TC/MG/MR and we could survive no offense from TR.

Dave85 said:
Are you saying you are familiar with being charged for solicitation? I don't understand your comment.

I'd rather have my child get help on a paper and have the staff help with a citation/footnote than have him have access and opportunity to professional whores.

Clear enough?

As for the NCAA, I don't know that they need to see them all that differently - except - one is in breach of the law.

I'd rather have my child get help on a paper and have the staff help with a citation/footnote than have him have access and opportunity to professional whores.

Clear enough?

As for the NCAA, I don't know that they need to see them all that differently - except - one is in breach of the law.
It's all how they define their "wheelhouse". Clear recruiting violations using underage prostitutes sounds pretty major to me, but who the hell knows.

Clear enough?

Yes, clear enough. I would imagine at some point someone will be indicted by the real police or FBI with the Louisville scandal. Probably the FBI since recruits are crossing state boundaries. We shall see.

Clear enough?

Concur. I just wonder if it is wheelhouse. The way the NCAA works, getting help in the punctuation of a paper is worse than killing a guy in their eyes. Since the illegal activities directly aided recruitment, maybe they will step up, but then again the total pass they are giving UNC on decades of academic fraud highlights to complete hypocrisy of this organization so you never know what will happen.

Anyway you look at this, I think Roberson is going to see significantly less minutes this year.
The guy who averaged nearly 12 rebounds per game in the NCAA's. There's a good chance you're correct, but there are a lot of factors at play. What if Roberson has a Rak-like jump between his junior/senior seasons? What if Coleman is hurt or just as unproductive as he was last season?

Roberson is being overlooked this off season. Our biggest wins last year wouldn't happen if he wasn't out there in beast mode. One could argue he was the biggest x-factor of the entire season last year. I suspect he will show improvement offensively and with a more open offense with some transition, he could be an absolute terror. Add his limitless motor when it is turned on and I see big things from him this season.

I hear you, but someone is going to get a minutes cut and I don't see it being our projected first round draft pick.

As great as it looks on paper the team has to learn how to become a team first. I would not rank them top 10 until they prove they can play well as a team.

Such is the case with almost all top10 teams since there is so much turnover roster wise. They are all paper giants right now.

I hear you, but someone is going to get a minutes cut and I don't see it being our projected first round draft pick.

It will be interesting to see JB manage it. We have all sorts of different tools in the shed in that frontcourt. I think DC will play very well this year as well. I really do hope he presses more to use the bodies and I think wit hthat level of activity players are more willing with come in/out of the game. We really won't have to worry about foul trouble at all, thats for sure. Well, that is until Howard and Battle both foul out of a Sweet 16 game which is how the refs normally roll for us.

The guy who averaged nearly 12 rebounds per game in the NCAA's. There's a good chance you're correct, but there are a lot of factors at play. What if Roberson has a Rak-like jump between his junior/senior seasons? What if Coleman is hurt or just as unproductive as he was last season?

I thought Coleman played pretty well last year. He seemed to me to have made overall progress from his previous seasons. Even though he still brings the ball down too low in the low post, at least last season he wasn't stripped as much.

P.S. Thank God we are no longer talking about Cooney!

It doesn't matter what I want. And I understand, something's got to give with all the talent we would have available. All I know is that the way Roberson played in the NCAA tournament wins games. He was everywhere, and if he can stay motivated like that for the whole year, we will want him on the floor for 30 minutes per game, especially with a true point guard giving him lobs and setting him up on the drive and dish. I am excited for what everyone brings to the game, but I am most excited to see a senior Roberson that now understands his role.

Perhaps less minutes means a higher percentage of his minutes being beast mode. That would be my hope. No matter what though he's playing 25+ minutes and likely more in the 30min range.

Perhaps less minutes means a higher percentage of his minutes being beast mode. That would be my hope. No matter what though he's playing 25+ minutes and likely more in the 30min range.
It will be interesting to see JB manage it. We have all sorts of different tools in the shed in that frontcourt. I think DC will play very well this year as well. I really do hope he presses more to use the bodies and I think wit hthat level of activity players are more willing with come in/out of the game. We really won't have to worry about foul trouble at all, thats for sure. Well, that is until Howard and Battle both foul out of a Sweet 16 game which is how the refs normally roll for us.

Agree with both of you here. JB handled it in 2012, when our roster was loaded, and he'll do it again with this squad. More capable players just means more pressure on the opposition, since our guys will be fresher / interchangeable.

Lots off good convo on the lineups and PT with the addition of White. To me it indicates how great a get White would be since we are discussing which obviously talent player plays less. Lets hope we land White and get him on campus soon.

Yeah, I buy that. If he can manage 25 minutes per game, every game, in beastmode, then that would be great. If he can do more than that, then we are talking a Rodmanesque type player. I know you know, and quite a few others also know, Roberson can be an excellent offensive player with a great midrange game. If he puts it all together this year, look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom