Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! This anticipation is freakin' killing me. Had a monster day at work on account of the 3 day weekend and just went through 4 pages of posts so as not to ruin the moment and build up of the commitment! And alas!!!!still no pulling of the trigger!!! Oh my... have to drive to the airport in Orlando to pick my youngest daughter up from her 3 week tour of the midwest , Missiouri, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
So I'll be in a virtual blackout for... oh snap! I'll just bring my Ipad and get caught up.

This is so delightfully delicious... can't wait to see those wonderful words splash across my screen...

White is the New ORANGE!!

I love your enFlususium! That's how I've been all month. And you guys are like Dave85 posts too much on the TT thread. I can't help it. This month has been crazy! Things will calm down next month.

So I'm trying to understand everyone's enthusiasm about AW3. Would getting AW3 be like having Kris Joseph show up as 5 year senior? Someone put into terms I can understand. What player does White mostly resemble in terms of play and possible production?

I'm assuming he's visited Louisville at least once before. At the very least an unofficial visit to VCU. Who knows with Cincy, but they have to be considered the long short anyway.

Id think if he was serious about UL he would visit again since there may have been some roster/coaching staff turnover since 2012.

All I'm saying is once White commits (good possibility) the Duke-Cuse game at the dome is going to be insane. Most likely 2 top 10 teams squaring off in front of 35,000+ with college game day...it'll be like the first meeting
If i was a writer, id probably pick duk preseason #1, duh. But having said that duk has more guys (read freshmen) that i dont know how to handicap. Gillon, White (if), Lydon, Roberson, DC are all pretty good and are proven commodities, even if their ceiling might not be nearly as high as duks young pups. Howard and Pascal are sophs. The only key guy likely to be in our top 8 who is a freshman is Battle obviously. I get it , duk has like 4 frehmen who are projected first rounders plus the Tripper who will be a jr. But my question is this: are all these freshmen like Okafor and Winslow?? Who arrived on campus built like men and looking like they were 28? Or do they look more like Ingram or some other stud who looks 18 and isnt ready to dominate you physically quite yet? Should be a great acc either way

If i was a writer, id probably pick duk preseason #1, duh. But having said that duk has more guys (read freshmen) that i dont know how to handicap. Gillon, White (if), Lydon, Roberson, DC are all pretty good and are proven commodities, even if their ceiling might not be nearly as high as duks young pups. Howard and Pascal are sophs. The only key guy likely to be in our top 8 who is a freshman is Battle obviously. I get it , duk has like 4 frehmen who are projected first rounders plus the Tripper who will be a jr. But my question is this: are all these freshmen like Okafor and Winslow?? Who arrived on campus built like men and looking like they were 28? Or do they look more like Ingram or some other stud who looks 18 and isnt ready to dominate you physically quite yet? Should be a great acc either way

Duke has to be number one, people are picking us way too low, espn having us at 25 is an insult. I say we are top 15, top ten if White comes here.

I love your enFlususium! That's how I've been all month. And you guys are like Dave85 posts too much on the TT thread. I can't help it. This month has been crazy! Things will calm down next month.

So I'm trying to understand everyone's enthusiasm about AW3. Would getting AW3 be like having Kris Joseph show up as 5 year senior? Someone put into terms I can understand. What player does White mostly resemble in terms of play and possible production?
I honestly think he has a similar game to Mal, with the one notable exception that Mal didnt withdraw his name from the nba draft and AW did. But correct he if im wrong, he worked out for 3-4 nba teams before he withdrew his name. I would think far less than 10% of all college players ever get that type of opportunity...

But your KJ comparison might not be a bad one in terms of talent level, KJ couldnt really play the 2 tho of course

Last edited:
Dave85 said:
I'm not going to have this argument again. He's the greatest! <<except when he picks the worse possible stats to write about and only concentrates on the negative>>

Mike does his job extremely well. If the fence line is a perfectly objective viewpoint, Mike is a step or two on the side of fandom.

He in no way shape or form takes random shots at the program. He asks the questions that need to be asked and he reports them as objectively as possible.

It absolutely blows my mind that anyone could think he has a grudge or purposely writes stories with a negative slant.

Mike does his job extremely well. If the fence line is a perfectly objective viewpoint, Mike is a step or two on the side of fandom.

He in no way shape or form takes random shots at the program. He asks the questions that need to be asked and he reports them as objectively as possible.

It absolutely blows my mind that anyone could think he has a grudge or purposely writes stories with a negative slant.

I have no problem with his reporting style, I think because he is an Unc guy, people come to the conclusion that he is anti Su.

Jack Hall said:

Duke looks great on paper...but their best talent will be frosh. Allen certainly is a great player and he has experience, but if you're bigs are frosh, you can beat them up with kids who are stronger or have more experience.

Coleman and Roberson can throw their bodies around next year and not worry about fouling out. It's a whole different mindset with some depth.

It would be a monster matchup. White would put us right up there next year...to the point that I wouldn't concede MSG to them.

Buffalo / MSG...we're on a mission from God...

Dave85 said:
I'm not going to have this argument again. He's the greatest! <<except when he picks the worse possible stats to write about and only concentrates on the negative>>

You must not follow FB.

He's the greatest!

In no uncertain terms, Mike Waters is a fantastic sports writer who is a award winning, nationally acclaimed writer.

Him being a UNC guy has zero bearing whatsoever on his ability to objectively cover our team.
I'm an SU guy, but I am 100% objective when stating that Georgetown seriously sucks.

Waters is terrific.

If AW doesn't commit soon I see this thread going to hell quickly.

People will behave according to your expectation of them. When they don't, you'll ignore it.

Duke looks great on paper...but their best talent will be frosh. Allen certainly is a great player and he has experience, but if you're bigs are frosh, you can beat them up with kids who are stronger or have more experience.

Coleman and Roberson can throw their bodies around next year and not worry about fouling out. It's a whole different mindset with some depth.

It would be a monster matchup. White would put us right up there next year...to the point that I wouldn't concede MSG to them.

I really have to agree w you. I have watched their two stud bigs. They dint strike me as physical as Okafor. Im hoping we have the physicality, maturity advantage, if not the agility advantage.

And yes, next yr should be great in terms of acc competition. Could be a mission from God... Hope it ends slightly better than it did for the Blues Bros lol

Jake said:
Duke looks great on paper...but their best talent will be frosh. Allen certainly is a great player and he has experience, but if you're bigs are frosh, you can beat them up with kids who are stronger or have more experience. Coleman and Roberson can throw their bodies around next year and not worry about fouling out. It's a whole different mindset with some depth. It would be a monster matchup. White would put us right up there next year...to the point that I wouldn't concede MSG to them. Buffalo / MSG...we're on a mission from God...
As a Phx resident I hope you're right!

Rarely does Jake lead a horse to water unless he wishes for the horse to drink.

Well, in fairness Jake was 80% in on Yurtseven (or 75%, something like that). But then again, he did call Thompson. Jake is one of the most plugged in people on the board, but even he has some occasional misses. Hoping he's right this time, obviously, because White is the missing piece for this team.

Will be very interesting to see if Jefferson doesnt even get on the court much because of their freshmen...dont know if that would be a good or bad thing...probably a bad thing...

Well, in fairness Jake was 80% in on Yurtseven (or 75%, something like that). But then again, he did call Thompson. Jake is one of the most plugged in people on the board, but even he has some occasional misses. Hoping he's right this time, obviously, because White is the missing piece for this team.
He never predicted anything on AW imo

OMG, Jake is getting pumped! I'm getting a little giddy about the prospects. Geez, I hope we close on this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom