Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing that if he takes a "trip," it'll be down the block to VCU.

It's possible he could be taking a trip with Walt Whitman's favorite root, Calamus. Native Americans used it to go long distances without their feet touching the ground, and Walt Whitman wrote a rather epic number of poems.

(note to snipers, it is entirely possible the young man was indeed using ambiguity in his language, and therefor this post is easily more on topic than literally hundreds in this thread. Thank you).
(Note to everyone else, if you ever endeavor to try chewing the root, it's important to use the American species like Whitman vs the Indian/European one).
"The Language of Drug Use in Whitman's "Calamus" Poems" by Auclair, Tracy - Papers on Language & Literature, Vol. 40, Issue 3, Summer 2004 | Online Research Library: Questia

Edit: Fans of Breaking Bad, some of whom may have not been otherwise familiar with "The other Walt W", may recall his significance in the plot. It's rumored that AW3 may have been assigned to read Whitman's Leaves of Grass, for a class. I'm not aware of any rumor on his opinion of it.

Last edited:
We play zone. The two guards are always on top. They are the trailers. It is a benefit of the zone but not worth a cup of coffee unless you can rebound or get turnovers.
Especially not worth the price if you shop at trendy coffee shops like Star**cks. I hope AW3 is either caffeine free or drinks an honest cup of joe. As for trailers, some of my best friends grew up in them, so I will not discriminate. I run a clean show here!

Am not showering until we hear.

Good thing this board is mostly a visual medium and I haven't invested in any virtual reality equipment yet(other than the kind I get ****ed when I talk about on here). ;)

I'm almost certainly not shaving until I hear, but I already haven't in quite some time. I invite others to join me in solidarity, "united we stand"(tm) or whatever that stupid Nike thing was.

I imagine wearing a Toga may ameloriate your condition a bit, vs the constrictive clothing typical of our culture.

Good thing this board is mostly a visual medium and I haven't invested in any virtual reality equipment yet(other than the kind I get ****ed when I talk about on here). ;)

I'm almost certainly not shaving until I hear, but I already haven't in quite some time. I invite others to join me in solidarity, "united we stand"(tm) or whatever that stupid Nike thing was.

I imagine wearing a Toga may ameloriate your condition a bit, vs the constrictive clothing typical of our culture.

I really hope Toga lives by himself.

I really hope Toga lives by himself.

Ha! Well, it is quite possible others are standing(or sitting) in solidarity with him!

Hey BC, after my epic catching up on the thread, do you predict we will see a thread that I caused DickinMichigan (wait, isnt that what Tyus Battle did?!! ;) ) to leave the board? I can do it in small incriments after this. This thread may be on a quicker pace than the TT thread?

These are the times when I really need cuse hulk to give his take.

I agree. Im seriously considering becoming a martyr and offering myself(permanent self-ban) in trade for him, Mantonio, and BRNCUSEFVRCUSE being reinstated. I think im currently unpopular enough that they'd quickly accept that trade, and I'd do it because I think it'd be better for the board and they seem like good people. I wouldn't be hurt if people agreed with me, I'd sincerely like to do it as I kinda feel like I've worn out my welcome and they'd probably do well with a 2nd chance and be grateful. I'm seriously throwing it out there, as I wouldnt mind going out as a hero, I'd kinda like to be remembered that way. I think it might be worthy of the word epic, even by sports bulletin board standards!

Probably, but its not over til hes here or he officially signs something. Otherwise he can back out just like Battle did with Mich. its a tough world out there

Reminded me of one of my favorite Cat Stevens' songs, rather epically sad. I chose this version because it's also good, but mainly because of what happens about 20 seconds in just made it seem to be the most appropriate:
(and you know for darn sure that this is the attitude many on here apparently have toward Andrew White III, and would give him if he saw something better for himself than them, anyone disagree?)

image.gif

Now that's a sacrifice. So many great ones.

That's still pretty limited in scope. Come on Dave, it's like someone saying they're going to give up 6' tall, redheaded, Asian prostitutes for 3 weeks. Once your about a half hour in, the nationality doesn't really matter anymore(I mean with the beer). I at least hope you dont celebrate Lent, as I'm worried about the examples of sacrifice you give your kids. ;)

It's hard for me to go without my Palm.

I hear you. Sometimes I get distracted during threads too.

More so when I wasnt straight edge, as I am now(unless you count Kava Kava and ingestion of essential oils), though.

Last edited:
And flush toilets.

Good grief, I thought we heard enough of that between Axe Man, and those on here who emulated him, the first season in the ACC. ;)
(I made a point to eat at Bo Jangles when I went to NC a couple of years ago just to spite some of you. I found it quite enjoyable, and you cant take that away from me!)

I read somewhere that he'll commit on Thursday. ;)

On another note, should we really be posting things that are on the Scout board? Haven't we had issues with that in the past?

With spelling it, maybe. Wait... a minute, you actually not only mentioned the name, but were allowed to spell it correctly. What did you have to do to get that ability?(Do I want to know?). Are you those chosen one that was prophesied about in the days of yore? Seriously, can everyone see the text I bolded, or is this in my head?!?!

Okay, Flacusian, that is just AWESOME! I love how you start out, "hoping it's Orange for that dude Andrew White" - clever! I love how you invoke the spirit of Pearl. I love how you found the energy to create that poem during the the sluggish summer off-season. I do so wish White could see it! You also might put this on the regular basketball forum because more people might see it there. (Of course, maybe everyone who goes on the basketball forum also checks this recruitment forum, and I am the only one who found it lately.) Just tell people, "Beadle made me do it." That's kind of a good line in any event, isn't it? Has a nice ring to it.

Lastly, I am going to copy and send to all my Cuse fan friends, and I am assuming that will be A-okay. This has been such a grim week. How nice it is to read something and smile!

Hey, at least it got Melo to actually use his powers for good, which I think ranks up there highly with Flacusian's epic work. Thinking of each makes me smile!

The connection to Miami is their assistant Jamal Brunt. He recruited White to Richmond a couple years ago.

Probably one of the top 5 most informative posts of the thread. You remind of a synthesis of 2 of my most respected posters, Francis and SWC, and I wish you'd post more.

Dave you remind of Uncle Frank from the movie One Crazy Summer when it comes to the TT and AW recruitment the last few months. He was the guy waiting all summer for the one song to play to win a ton of cash if he was the right caller. Just substitute the radio/phone for a computer and that is Dave, lol.
ApGUJ5.gif

That reminds me of me on some nights! Thanks for the reference, I made me way to Pirate Bay but it's so old that resources are a bit low and it might take awhile. I checked IMDB and the lineup looked quite worthy.

Please stop constantly posting gibberish on this thread. Thank you.

I haven't, I took a week off. You're welcome.

BTW, pretty much everything I've written was in direct reply to something someone else had already posted. You may want to take up your issue with the OP, or simply skip my posts if you dont get them. One man's gibberish is another man's treasure. Look at the people running our country.

I reckon some people will be happy when this thread is over, so the SU hoops board can return to it's normally enthralling summer mode. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, people.

However, to show that I am a reasonable person, I will take your mean spirited post into consideration. If enough other posters feel the same way, I will do like LeBron and take my talents elsewhere. I dont want to bother folks where I'm not wanted. As I noted, on one very slow day(evening), I decided to catch up all at once rather than to prolong it. I also waited til most of the daily action was over. Believe it or not, I used a lot of self-censorship which you apparently don't appreciate, but I will restrain from calling you an ingrate just yet.

Over the 15 or so pages I caught up on since my time in Belize, I encounted probably a single digit number of posts that were not conjecture or jibberish. Like the TT thread, there isnt a wealth of salient information to add. If there is, then most everyone appears to be holding back on sharing it.

From the Factotum (Henry Bukowski) sountrack, a song that is as fitting as any for most of this evening, (PS, to any other detractors, I'm almost caught up, maybe a page or 2 left, I likely will be gone soon. If anyone else is bitter, let me know and I will honor my word, even though your logic would benefit from a closer examination and seems rather petulant).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors