Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's still pretty limited in scope. Come on Dave, it's like someone saying they're going to give up 6' tall, redheaded, Asian prostitutes for 3 weeks. Once your about a half hour in, the nationality doesn't really matter anymore(I mean with the beer). I at least hope you dont celebrate Lent, as I'm worried about the examples of sacrifice you give your kids. ;)

This post is banning bait for me. I just can't post what I want to say.

Please stop constantly posting gibberish on this thread. Thank you.

I don't know if gibberish is the right word. I understand what he's saying. Some people speak with visual metaphors.

with all the coverage all major schools get...and playing the role of the alpha dog already at such a school...I dont understand how transferring to Syracuse and becoming a role player on a college team is going to improve his draft prospects? This is a very homerish train of thought.

Scouts will find a kid in Congo and draft him if he has the skills, but a kid from the big XII has to transfer to Syracuse to get noticed?

So you are comparing Nebraska to the Congo. I think AW3's strategy is to have a break out game like Malachi did. It's very good dream and possible. I think the Orange could make a deep tournament run with AW3.

I didn't mean to come off like an assh*le.

I feel that way about everything I post. I just can't help myself. I may have a flaw in my character.

Last edited:
Ok CaptainJ you posted plenty the last five pages and read the whole thread .. . . . . . . .
soooooooo I just have to know:

What position do you think White will play?
Who's in the starting line-up?
Who's in the closing line-up?

And most importantly how many pages will this thread go? :)

Christ! Don't encourage him!

I just read the last ten pages. I have no problem with these posts. I'm even okay with people complaining about the posts which I find mildly irritating. How hard is it to read? There's nothing meaningful to say until he commits. I like reading people's speculations on how he fits in. The off topic stuff is amusing IMO. People have to chill a bit. I like having a lot interest because maybe someone will seine the net for something meaningful.

Again, kudos to Orangeman13. I'm still hopeful we get AW3. An important piece IMO.

Last edited:
with all the coverage all major schools get...and playing the role of the alpha dog already at such a school...I dont understand how transferring to Syracuse and becoming a role player on a college team is going to improve his draft prospects? This is a very homerish train of thought.

Scouts will find a kid in Congo and draft him if he has the skills, but a kid from the big XII has to transfer to Syracuse to get noticed?
A role player at SU can be a nice gig, especially if that role is the Mal role from last year.

Maybe it's about more than just getting noticed. Maybe he didn't really like being in Nebraska and is just trying to get into a better situation. SU could be attractive offering a lot of experienced players and a player (Gillon) who will be in the same new player category.

And are those people who think Mal vaulted up the draft board with his post season play being homerish?

A role player at SU can be a nice gig, especially if that role is the Mal role from last year.

Maybe it's about more than just getting noticed. Maybe he didn't really like being in Nebraska and is just trying to get into a better situation. SU could be attractive offering a lot of experienced players and a player (Gillon) who will be in the same new player category.

And are those people who think Mal vaulted up the draft board with his post season play being homerish?

When I watched the Miami game AW3 was hardly involved. He was open but they did not kick it out to him. In some of his highlights when they kicked it out he had huge games. Maybe he's a little tired of some of the Nebraska players selfish play. I think the Orange have been pretty good kicking the ball out to anyone who has an open look. I think we have better coaching but I see everything with Orange glasses.

I watched the UVA Elite 8 game again over the weekend. Malachi had one the greatest performances I've ever seen in the NCAA tournament. He was really impressive. I think he solidified himself with that game. He also did a amazing job selling himself after the season was over. I think he deserves a lot credit for navigating the drafting waters and doing as well as he did after the season was over. He has made a huge contribution to Orange BB. I am nothing but thankful for his contribution to our beloved program.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind about Andrew. Even though he is a graduate transfer, last year was the first year that he played more than 125 minutes in a year. So if we do get him, hopefully he has a better idea of what he needs to improve on in his game and also there might be less time getting back into the flow of actually playing than there may have been for him last year. Plus, JB is just a better coach than Tim Miles will ever be.

And as far as the Captain, I recommend the ignore feature if you don't care for his particular style. It's worked well for me.

One thing to keep in mind about Andrew. Even though he is a graduate transfer, last year was the first year that he played more than 125 minutes in a year. So if we do get him, hopefully he has a better idea of what he needs to improve on in his game and also there might be less time getting back into the flow of actually playing than there may have been for him last year. Plus, JB is just a better coach than Tim Miles will ever be.

And as far as the Captain, I recommend the ignore feature if you don't care for his particular style. It's worked well for me.

MSOrange, do you see this post? Damn it. Whew, I was worried.

When I watched the Miami game AW3 was hardly involved. He was open but they did not kick it out to him. In some of his highlights when they kicked it out he had huge games. Maybe he's a little tired of some of the Nebraska players selfish play. I think the Orange have been pretty good kicking the ball out to anyone who has an open look. I think we have better coaching but I see everything with Orange glasses.

I watched the UVA Elite 8 game again over the weekend. Malachi had one the greatest performances I've ever seen in the NCAA tournament. He was really impressive. I think he solidified himself with that game. He also did a amazing job selling himself after the season was over. I think he deserves a lot credit for navigating the drafting waters and doing as well as he did after the season was over. He has made a huge contribution to Orange BB. I am nothing but thankful for his contribution to our beloved program.
The biggest thing i noticed in watching a couple of his games, besides that i thought Neb wasnt horrible, was that they used a very small lineup. Ie the games i watched very briefly it looked like much of the time AW got matched up with the other teams big, probably a power forward. And lets face it, if he wants to be an nba wing, having to defend another teams power forward would probably be enough for him to leave neb on that alone

This thread takes on a whole new (and much more manageable) look when you push the "Ignore" button on a couple of key posters. No offense to you guys, but my goodness it's tough to sort through if you go away for a couple days.

The biggest thing i noticed in watching a couple of his games, besides that i thought Neb wasnt horrible, was that they used a very small lineup. Ie the games i watched very briefly it looked like much of the time AW got matched up with the other teams big, probably a power forward. And lets face it, if he wants to be an nba wing, having to defend another teams power forward would probably be enough for him to leave neb on that alone

You make an excellent comment.

This seems to happen whenever a big prospect is on the verge of committing... Their recruiting thread just turns into a big randomness thread. The people post for the jollys of seeing how many pages they can stretch it for.

I mean we have like ten perfectly good OT boards.
I totally agree. Not to sound like a negative Nancy or anything, but the reputation and quality of this message board which makes it attractive for some high-profile posters and readers, tends to take a hit in these situations. I would much rather have a 10 page thread of quality content versus a 100 page thread with 20 pages of quality content. Just my opinion. It becomes tough to read after a while.

This seems to happen whenever a big prospect is on the verge of committing... Their recruiting thread just turns into a big randomness thread. The people post for the jollys of seeing how many pages they can stretch it for.

I mean we have like ten perfectly good OT boards.
I agree. It is frustrating to come on here looking for information and all you see is random garbage. The same thing happened in the TT thread.

But the random garbage is the fun stuff.

I agree. However, I see the other side the argument about staying on topic. I must be a fast reader because the random "garbage" doesn't bother me at all. Even the posts complaining about the random "garbage" which I think are "garbage" I just ignore and read past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom