Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am enjoying the roster discussion, however, I really want to discuss every detail about AW3's pending commitment and...
stay-on-topic

Here's another good article:

What kind of player is Syracuse grad transfer target Andrew White? Experts weigh in

Starting and playing more minutes/playing at the end of games are not the same thing. Lydon will play more minutes than Roberson and will be in at the end of tight games. Last year Lydon did a great job coming off the bench. Speaking of short memories, Dion Waiters came off the bench in 2012, and was a NBA lottery pick. He's doing okay for himself. If Roberson "isn't plugged in " to start the season, this could change quickly. In my opinion, Roberson starts , at least at the beginning of the season. He will have a shorter leash this year, however. I'm just stoked about the potential of the team this year. Will be a fun year!
Waiters was not considered the best player on the team going into 2011-12, much less a POY or All-American candidate. He also had a piss poor attitude by most accounts.

Waiters was not considered the best player on the team going into 2011-12, much less a POY or All-American candidate. He also had a piss poor attitude by most accounts.

Scoop did a terrific job life-coaching Dion. I like it when our players have good character. I like Moyer. He's got good character. Lydon too. The coaching staff also does a very job handling these kids.

So it seems the latest news I can gather from this thread is that AW3 is waiting the appropriate amount of time to "respect" Michigan State before committing to the Orange. Whether that is tomorrow or Friday or next week is not really known.

This thread was started on 6/25/2016 today being 7/20/2016 that's 25 days and at the time I started there were 3065 posts in this tread that's an amazing 122.6 replies a day! so if this goes on for 315 days there will be 38619 posts...
Just to be a stickler for math, 6/25/2016 to 7/20/2016 is 26 days.

Source: math major

So it seems the latest news I can gather from this thread is that AW3 is waiting the appropriate amount of time to "respect" Michigan State before committing to the Orange. Whether that is tomorrow or Friday or next week is not really known.

I'm getting anxious, only because the quicker he's here, the better. He has to get assimilated to the school and his teammates. I'm concerned with how this team gels and creates an identity and chemistry and they need to get to work on that ASAP.

People have really short memories.

Yes, Roberson was huge on our Final Four run by averaging nearly 12 boards per game in the Tourney. But he's also the same player whom Boeheim said "If I had anyone else, he wouldn't play."

I get the Senior loyalty thing. But it's not an automatic. In fact, there have been a few players over recent history that did not start as Seniors (a couple of which despite having started the majority of games the previous year).

*Billy Celuck
Jeremy McNeil
Matt Gorman
*Josh Wright
Kristof Ongenaet (JUCO)
James Southerland (didn't start until Coleman went down with injury)
Baye Keita

Lydon, meanwhile, could have easily been a first-round pick last June if he had decided to leave. He did Boeheim and the program a favor by staying. Boeheim is not going to reward that decision by putting him on the bench to start games. Lydon has National POY potential and barring an injury this is going to be his final season. HE'S GOING TO START.

IMO Roberson has the perfect personality to handle going from starter to 6th man. He won't throw a chair at Boeheim in the locker room or fight teammates in practice. And coming off the bench is generally less pressure than starting the game. Maybe lessen the nerves. As a result I would expect him to respond extremely well to such a role.
That's funny, I think the complete opposite. We tend to know early on if Roberson's engaged (I think that's all blown out of proportion, personally). I don't think coming off the bench improves that at all. Kristof Ongenaet is the guy you bring in who is going to hustle every minute.

He did Boeheim a favor? Haha.

Intriguing trade-off. Having White and Lydon on the floor is best for scoring, but if that happens, the only way Roberson plays is if Lydon's in the middle. That might work against the bottom half of the conference.

A lot of people thinking this way. People don't like White at the 2 but then you could have Lydon, Chukwu, Roberson as forwards. That would be really fun lineup to watch because it may be the tallest lineup we've ever fielded.

That's funny, I think the complete opposite. We tend to know early on if Roberson's engaged (I think that's all blown out of proportion, personally). I don't think coming off the bench improves that at all. Kristof Ongenaet is the guy you bring in who is going to hustle every minute.

He did Boeheim a favor? Haha.
If Roberson is as mentally fragile as so many on this forum think he is (I don't think he is) then why should our best player (Lydon) be the one who is punished for it? If Roberson isn't productive coming off the bench then someone can take his spot in the rotation. He's been here for four years - enough with the spoon-feeding. It's time for him to be a man.

Boeheim tends to showcase players who could have left but instead decide to stay. Tough to showcase a player when he begins every game on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom