Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought...maybe he's considering going pro? D-League or overseas? If helping his pro prospects is the objective behind the transfer, maybe he's figured that another year in school and being another year older won't help him that much. We all know how much a few years age difference can mean to your draft position and the widely held perception of your "potential." He may be thinking that it might be time to start earning some dough while I can? Now if he wants to lay the foundation a post-basketball career with a graduate degree, that's a different story. We haven't heard so much about that angle, though.
Here's a thought. He has filed everything he needs to with SU. As a grown man who has been recruited 3 time now, he doesn't feel the need to have a PC to announce his decision. Now, he is just enjoying his last free summer.

Here's a thought. He has filed everything he needs to with SU. As a grown man who has been recruited 3 time now, he doesn't feel the need to have a PC to announce his decision. Now, he is just enjoying his last free summer.
Why incommunicado with the staff then? Sounds like they've been trying to reach him.

This may not apply to the current situation but in my experience anytime someone suddenly falls off the grid with respect to communication, more often than not it is the harbinger of not so good news. To the casual observer there seems to be several elements which conjure up some doubt as to what his going on with this effort to land this kid.

Although the seeming surety from a few posters would provide some reassurance that all is well the recent tenor of what could be perceived as concern from some long time RELIABLE posters lends some credence to the notion that is is in fact NOT a done deal.

At this point it almost seems each passing day is another log on the Bonfire of concern especially if coupled with a lack of communication. I suppose some things just take time to play out but as a long time fan...I'm totally bamboozled over this one.

This may not apply to the current situation but in my experience anytime someone suddenly falls off the grid with respect to communication, more often than not it is the harbinger of not so good news. To the casual observer there seems to be several elements which conjure up some doubt as to what his going on with this effort to land this kid.

Although the seeming surety from a few posters would provide some reassurance that all is well the recent tenor of what could be perceived as concern from some long time RELIABLE posters lends some credence to the notion that is is in fact NOT a done deal.

At this point it almost seems each passing day is another log on the Bonfire of concern especially if coupled with a lack of communication. I suppose some things just take time to play out but as a long time fan...I'm totally bamboozled over this one.
The lack of communication is definitely a concern. If you've decided this is where you're going to play ball then these are going to be your coaches this season and ignoring their phone calls would seem like a bad idea.

I've always given the benefit of the doubt to those who're willing to post info. A couple of years ago I posted some stuff about the ACCN, things I was getting directly from a friend at Raycom here in Charlotte, and also some stuff about a QB recruit that didn't pan out.
Needless to say the gotta-know-everything contingent looked to pick apart and inject negativity into every post. I chose to ignore them.
Pessimists are miserable people, IMO- and letting them influence my perspective about anything is not worth it. I'll continue to post if/when I get some info, skeptics be damned!
As for AW- I see him as more of a luxury at this point. If he comes, we have a top 10-15 team and a legit shot at taking it all. If not, we're still looking at a good season & maybe another run once things come together. We're golden either way.

Last edited:
Cause it's always true! My father in law got paid cash at KY, and it's a tradition that lives on. The boosters do it, not anyone in the program.

I figured this is the way it works in $ec

Cause it's always true! My father in law got paid cash at KY, and it's a tradition that lives on. The boosters do it, not anyone in the program.

You would think the boosters of other high profile programs would hire private to ferret out any improprieties.

You would think the boosters of other high profile programs would hire private to ferret out any improprieties.
Would never happen. Every program is guilty of some infraction.

Would never happen. Every program is guilty of some infraction.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying boosters would not hire private to try to bring another program down by scandal because they would be afraid of their own program being dicked. You would think in our competitive world it would be about who hired the best to do the job.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying boosters would not hire private to try to bring another program down by scandal because they would be afraid of their own program being dicked. You would think in our competitive world it would be about who hired the best to do the job.
You would be able to follow the money too easily. Why draw attention to your program when you don't need to. Then you will have the NCAA poking around. Coaches would not want to be any part of any ratting out.

I think coaches are usually aware of it, and they let it be known who their priorities are, but they definitely do their best to be able to claim ignorance. It seems that the NCAA turns a blind eye to some programs, and that is what is frustrating. They camped out in Syracuse for 8 years and found nothing even close to the crap that some schools are allowed to get away with.

Budley said:

Our big boosters wont even support a pay side so its obvious were not paying anyone..we do debate who can get the closest to the program and staff to gain the most information on here for free though...heck on the football side we have a thread of how to get Sunday ticket discounts lol

So here's what I'm wondering: Any savvy head coach for a Final Four and/or ACC contender knows how much of a boost AW3 will provide for us. It would be in their best interest to prevent that from happening, not unlike when the Yankees steal away a Red Sox target and vice versa. Perhaps a mystery team has emerged and they're pulling out all the stops. All it takes is an open scholarship. And it's not like White's shooting isn't valuable for any team.

So here's what I'm wondering: Any savvy head coach for a Final Four and/or ACC contender knows how much of a boost AW3 will provide for us. It would be in their best interest to prevent that from happening, not unlike when the Yankees steal away a Red Sox target and vice versa. Perhaps a mystery team has emerged and they're pulling out all the stops. All it takes is an open scholarship. And it's not like White's shooting isn't valuable for any team.
Totally reject that. No team is making a play for White to keep him away from Syracuse. Yes, the Red Sox and the Yanks do that do each other. Totally different world. Anyone that goes after White, and there is no reason not to, he is a very good player, are doing it to help their team.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors