Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
xmH1Yz.gif

Rushmore, right? Awesome movie.

Can we also keep in mind that moderators AND my fiancé told me to leave out details because it could get players or the program in trouble. Do I know what the hold up is? Yes. But putting it on a forum would be egregious.

This is comforting. Seriously.
And, to be honest, i think you prolly shoulda not revealed that it was your fiancé that has been the 'source.' I know it helps to convince the skeptical, but any details that might compromise someone should be protected, despite our obsessiveness.

Could just be that JB has been focused on preparation for the Olympics and set a time to finalize the plan when he had more time to focus on AW. An announcement may not be their priority right now. I'm ok with them handling things...

Could just be that JB has been focused on preparation for the Olympics and set a time to finalize the plan when he had more time to focus on AW. An announcement may not be their priority right now. I'm ok with them handling things...

Had similar thoughts. I think this is certainly plausible in explaining any type of delay.

Okay, let's say Orangeman13 is 100% correct and I think he is at least sincere in what he says. Can anyone think of a reason why White wouldn't have publicly said Cuse is his school up to this point? Or, why one of the coaches hasn't leaked it to a friendly reporter? can anyone think of any reason?

Okay, here are a few things I've heard tonight:
  • It appears that there are two minor things holding things up a bit:
  1. AW hasn't gotten 100% assurances of his position and role, which includes if he will start or not if he comes here. He was told what his role would be at MSU, and he rejected it. This fits 100% with what Orangeman13 said about MSU, and why he didn't want to go there.
  2. The Olympics are slowing down communication a bit. Not a major issue, not an oversight on JB's part, just making things a bit more difficult, since JB is occupied for the duration of the Olympics. That accounts for the delay.
  • AW has apparently told the staff that he fully intends to come to SU, his family just wants a bit more clarification from the coaching staff about what his role will be. They're comfortable patiently waiting for JB to become available again because coming here is their top choice. The "radio silence" is from JB being gone, not AW going "dark" and incommunicado.
At this point, I'm pretty comfortable believing the information that Orangeman13 has shared. It all checks out / aligns--with some of the finer details intentionally left out to protect his "source."

1. AW hasn't gotten 100% assurances of his position and role, which includes if he will start or not if he comes here. He was told what his role would be at MSU, and he rejected it. This fits 100% with what Orangeman13 said about MSU, and why he didn't want to go there.
  2. The Olympics are slowing down communication a bit. Not a major issue, not an oversight on JB's part, just making things a bit more difficult, since JB is occupied for the duration of the Olympics. That accounts for the delay.
  • AW has apparently told the staff that he fully intends to come to SU, his family just wants a bit more clarification from the coaching staff about what his role will be. They're comfortable patiently waiting for JB to become available again because coming here is their top choice. The "radio silence" is from JB being gone, not AW going "dark" and incommunicado.
At this point, I'm pretty comfortable believing the information that Orangeman13 has shared. It all checks out / aligns--with some of the finer details intentionally left out to protect his "source."

This is the most sensible post I have read all day.

I had this thought, too. A while ago. But, wouldn't it be more important to get AW together with his teammates and on campus than to worry about how this is going to be announced? I mean, heck fire — couldn't JB to a video clip (like he's accepting an award from 'on location') to accompany the press release? I hope this isn't the reason for the hold-up.

Thank you, that is very good info.

Can we also keep in mind that moderators AND my fiancé told me to leave out details because it could get players or the program in trouble. Do I know what the hold up is? Yes. But putting it on a forum would be egregious.

Dude - I think enough people have confirmed your source is good. We know you say he is coming. Now let it be and allow yourself to be proved right. Your rep will come as you get more time in on the board.

But for the love of god, stop mentioning your source is your fiance. People get fired for what she did, especially at colleges. They tend to take a dim view of sharing what might be considered confidential student information. You make me concerned for her welfare, even if you don't seem to be worried. I work for a college and have seen people axed for stuff like this on social media and blogs.

Dude - I think enough people have confirmed your source is good. We know you say he is coming. Now let it be and allow yourself to be proved right. Your rep will come as you get more time in on the board.

But for the love of god, stop mentioning your source is your fiance. People get fired for what she did, especially at colleges. They tend to take a dim view of sharing what might be considered confidential student information. You make me concerned for her welfare, even if you don't seem to be worried. I work for a college and have seen people axed for stuff like this on social media and blogs.
Maybe I HAVE covered my relationship with my source ;)

I'm not stupid.

So back to this question: is he looking for the 2 or the 3, and who sits if he absolutely must start?
Gillion white robey Lydon Colman

Or

Gillion battle white robey Coleman.

Risk the chance starting battle and him blowing up and getting nba in his mind, or bring him off the bench and not get all that hype...? I guess it's a good problem to have.
And also have him for another year maybe...?

RF2044. Feel free to cite your source lol

No problem--was just protecting you after some of the heat you took earlier today. Your credibility got enhanced significantly in my eyes tonight.

BUT, I just want to point out that your information corroborates other sources, and provides the best explanation for why we haven't heard anything despite AW reportedly being a lean here.

I have never trusted you.

Gillion white robey Lydon Colman

Or

Gillion battle white robey Coleman.

Risk the chance starting battle and him blowing up and getting nba in his mind, or bring him off the bench and not get all that hype...? I guess it's a good problem to have.
And also have him for another year maybe...?

There's no way on this earth that tyus battle doesn't start. It's not even worth discussing

No problem--was just protecting you after some of the heat you took earlier today. Your credibility got enhanced significantly in my eyes tonight.

BUT, I just want to point out that your information corroborates other sources, and provides the best explanation for why we haven't heard anything despite AW reportedly being a lean here.
I agree. The important thing is that we WILL get him and be in contention for the national title!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom