Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Hopefully everyone backing off on him will open his eyes. I'm not going to kill a kid for being a kid. I was a mess at that age and I didn't have a bunch of top level schools trying to get me to go there. The staff just needs to decide if he is going to be a problem going forward once he gets to SU. I love his game and he's exactly what we need for next years class, a wing who can shoot.

The Juice Man cheffing it up...
Hope he is using oranges in all of his dishes...

I guess Tyus staying, and this kid could still field us a quality team next year!

He's waiting for his Duke offer -- sound kind of familiar?
Doesn't have it yet and unless they get desperate he prolly won't. There's no one else really left that we would have made any ground with anyway. Keep tabs, let him know we're still semi interested. He gets a Duke offer, we tell him to not let the door hit ya!

Duke already has two highly ranked wings signed in Alex O'Connell(#62) and Gary Trent Jr.(#11). I think if Tucker can get his off the court act together and JB and Co. make a push he will be ours.

Kid has red flags and schools backed off for a reason. I know we are all stung by what transpired in the past week, but we need to be careful here.

Kid has red flags and schools backed off for a reason. I know we are all stung by what transpired in the past week, but we need to be careful here.

what red flags?

I'm hearing that the coaching staff may have backed off of Tucker [at least a bit], due to an incident that happened during his last visit.

Which is too bad, because this kid would fill a huge position of need.

I agree 100% with Mike Waters's article from this morning--we need to secure a starting 2 [and possibly a 3] in the class of 2017, and Tucker would nail down the latter role.

And it's not just our coaching staff that has supposedly backed away a bit...

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Throw the kitchen sink at Tucker, hope Tyus Battle plans on playing in college for 2 years, and roll with our 8 man squad as usual.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Throw the kitchen sink at Tucker, hope Tyus Battle plans on playing in college for 2 years, and roll with our 8 man squad as usual.
As Francis just said in pod, we probably need Tucker or Wright as a shooter wing

Haven't listened to his new pod but I plan on listening to it on my drive to Syracuse tomorrow.

Francis - I wish you had two podcasts - one that is the in-depth version like you currently do, but then like a 10 minute "highlights" pod. I enjoy your pod, but seldom have an hour or so free to listen. I love the conversational tone and in-depth commentary, but I have a hard time finding the free time to hear it through.

Just a suggestion from a fan.