Shady talking to Pitt... | Syracusefan.com

Shady talking to Pitt...

Jake

Mod
Interesting. I don't think Syracuse, rutgers or Uconn would be happy with that development.

Interesting. I don't think Syracuse, rutgers or Uconn would be happy with that development.
Pitt has been a generally harmless opponent, even when beating us. Not too much objectionable about their program. Hire Shady, and their status in my eyes goes to toilet bowl smear. Sad, for such a storied opponent.

My bet is on Bob Shoop, defensive coordinator at Creepytown (PSU).

Seems like a good hire to me. At Rutgers he had to build the program up then try like hell to keep it from regressing (probably why OOC was so weak). At Pitt neither of those things will be a problem. If he's hired it will be interesting to see how his coaching style differs (if it doesn't then that could be a problem).

Look out knees of garbage time ACC offensive linemen!

Shady's back and he's bringing hell with him!
tumblr_llgetduL7a1qe8ehjo1_400.gif

Seems like a good hire to me. At Rutgers he had to build the program up then try like hell to keep it from regressing (probably why OOC was so weak). At Pitt neither of those things will be a problem. If he's hired it will be interesting to see how his coaching style differs (if it doesn't then that could be a problem).

His OOC was so weak b/c he couldn't beat good teams. He is not a good coach.

compared to other coaches that could be available for pitt, i'm indifferent. they could do worse but they could do a lot better too

They can hire whoever they want. F them, we're gonna beat the shat of them anyways.

I really do wish I could feel the same.

We need one of these 30 coaches they hire every 5 years to take them from mediocre to below average. They just always seem to be more talented, and some conservative coach holds them back.

And we need someone to take us from our below average/mediocre state to above average.

I really do wish I could feel the same.

We need one of these 30 coaches they hire every 5 years to take them from mediocre to below average. They just always seem to be more talented, and some conservative coach holds them back.

And we need someone to take us from our below average/mediocre state to above average.

Pitt already recruits with a top 40 class, just like rutgers was in the latter years of HCGS, and they underperformed as well. Why all of a sudden do you see a change on the horizon for GS? He is what he is. Which is not an X's and O's kinda guy.

Doc Holiday' record at Marshall is 39-35 (,609),
YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Marshall Thundering Herd (Conference USA) (2010–present)
2010 Marshall 5–7 4–4 4th (East)
2011 Marshall 7–6 5–3 2nd (East) W Beef 'O' Brady's
2012 Marshall 5–7 4–4 3rd (East)
2013 Marshall 10–4 7–1 1st (East) W Military
2014 Marshall 12–17–1 1st (East) Boca Raton
Marshall:39–25 27–13
Total: 39–25

Everyone would have been calling for his head after year 3 if he coached here.

Schiano to Pitt would not be good for SU. People who think that he "sucks" or that this would hurt Pitt are missing the boat, IMO.

Schiano doesn't scare me on game days and I think his TB tenure gave his reputation a major hit. Let Pitt hire him and continue to waste talented players because the head coach is a moron.

Doc Holiday' record at Marshall is 39-35 (,609),
YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Marshall Thundering Herd (Conference USA) (2010–present)
2010 Marshall 5–7 4–4 4th (East)
2011 Marshall 7–6 5–3 2nd (East) W Beef 'O' Brady's
2012 Marshall 5–7 4–4 3rd (East)
2013 Marshall 10–4 7–1 1st (East) W Military
2014 Marshall 12–17–1 1st (East) Boca Raton
Marshall:39–25 27–13
Total: 39–25

Everyone would have been calling for his head after year 3 if he coached here.

Isn't 3 bowl games in 5 years what SU considers to be a great success these days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom