Shady talking to Pitt... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shady talking to Pitt...

@FootballScoop: This is awkward. Per industry source, Pitt is calling folks they believe Pederson reached out to…“anything SP said is off now off table"

@FootballScoop: My take; based on what I have heard, Pitt wasn’t pleased with direction Pederson wanted to go with the next coaching hire.

Sounds bad for Schiano if the reports were true.

Schiano to Pitt is bad news for Syracuse. Just another coach who has had success at the college level unlike the team we follow which is coming off a 3 win season.

He'll do fine with the schedule b/c the way Pitt looks at it, they have auto wins vs Syracuse and Wake every year. In addition to the 2-3 easy OOC games they'll schedule.
Shafer did have success his first year and Schiano has had losing seasons before. Nice try though. I guess the poster saying nobody is calling for Shafer's head has never read any of your previous posts about HCSS.

Listening to XM radio this morning and the discussion for most of my 30 minute ride was ... is Schiano too good for Pitt... Ouch!

Listening to XM radio this morning and the discussion for most of my 30 minute ride was ... is Schiano too good for Pitt... Ouch!
who was saying that? callers or hosts

If Shafer got us to 5-7 after 3 years, which followed 130 years of literally zero success, I think we'd be ok with him.

You can't put yourself in the shoes of a Rutgers fan in 2000. Assuming there were any. It's just a completely different perspective. You're the school that played the first ever college football game, and the last school that ever had success doing it.

I'm tempted to say "you are what your record says you are" but you raise a fair point. Context is important.

You guys are nuts if you want Schiano at Pitt. I don't want him anywhere near the northeast. Wanny showed everyone that Pitt is capable of bringing in top 20 recruiting classes. I could care less that Schiano is a poor game day coach. That's irrelevant to us. The only thing I care about is if he will give Pitt an upper hand recruiting against us, in which this case I believe he would hurt us.

tipphill said:
who was saying that? callers or hosts
it was the morning hosts on the college sports channel. The one host wondered how Schiano was viewed by other coaches and felt he was too good for Pitt.. And that he may fit Michigan better.

it was the morning hosts on the college sports channel. The one host wondered how Schiano was viewed by other coaches and felt he was too good for Pitt.. And that he may fit Michigan better.
thanks for the reply. that is kind of outrageous---he is a better fit at pitt than michigan!!!!. in any event he is poor hc, good recruiter, great defensive coordinator, and a great snake oil salesman. i hope he does not go to pitt as the guy is a dangerous recruiter in pa and nj. gets second tier kids from fla. that said, if he is a hc he will be marginally successful maybe, as he will have a more difficult sched, than the powderpuff ones he had at ru

You guys are nuts if you want Schiano at Pitt. I don't want him anywhere near the northeast. Wanny showed everyone that Pitt is capable of bringing in top 20 recruiting classes. I could care less that Schiano is a poor game day coach. That's irrelevant to us. The only thing I care about is if he will give Pitt an upper hand recruiting against us, in which this case I believe he would hurt us.

I'm not as worried about what Pitt does. I'm more worried about the thought process that goes into SU selecting coaches. If we get one that makes full use of the Dome given to him, then we'll be fine.

GoSU96 said:
Since when?

Always.

Like going 16-20 and losing to Rutgers and Temple twice in a three year span after 15 years of much better results.

;)

Always.

Like going 16-20 and losing to Rutgers and Temple twice in a three year span after 15 years of much better results.

;)

I'm not sure if you were consolidating them, but we lost to them combined 3 times in 3 years. Often forgotten is our 2002 loss at the raucous Temple atmosphere that has swallowed so many.

I'm not sure if you were consolidating them, but we lost to them combined 3 times in 3 years. Often forgotten is our 2002 loss at the raucous Temple atmosphere that has swallowed so many.

Shoot, that's what I meant. But I mean how could we be expected to beat Temple what with their sparkling facilities and all?!

thanks for the reply. that is kind of outrageous---he is a better fit at pitt than michigan!!!!. in any event he is poor hc, good recruiter, great defensive coordinator, and a great snake oil salesman. i hope he does not go to pitt as the guy is a dangerous recruiter in pa and nj. gets second tier kids from fla. that said, if he is a hc he will be marginally successful maybe, as he will have a more difficult sched, than the powderpuff ones he had at ru
Completely agree... on all points... If he does get back into coaching I hope its on the west coast ... not in our backyard

Including a very good Va Tech team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom