In 2003, Marshall St. had 15 bars. Today, there are only four. :eek:

Wait, 15? No way.

Darwin's
Konrad's
Faegan's
Maggie's
Harry's
Lucy's

Even counting the Sheraton's bar, that's only 7. What bars am I missing? I was there, and there were not 15 bars on Marshall Street, unless they're being VERY generous about 1) what constitutes a bar (for instance, are they counting Varsity since you can get beer there?), or 2) what counts as part of Marshall Street. Chuck's was not there at the time, so that certainly doesn't count toward that number.

Wait, 15? No way.

Darwin's
Konrad's
Faegan's
Maggie's
Harry's
Lucy's

Even counting the Sheraton's bar, that's only 7. What bars am I missing? I was there, and there were not 15 bars on Marshall Street, unless they're being VERY generous about 1) what constitutes a bar (for instance, are they counting Varsity since you can get beer there?), or 2) what counts as part of Marshall Street. Chuck's was not there at the time, so that certainly doesn't count toward that number.

Chuck's has always been there... just used to be in the basement...

No Sutter's on that list??

Was Sutter's gone by 2003?

Chuck's has always been there... just used to be in the basement...

No Sutter's on that list??

Was Sutter's gone by 2003?
Chuck's was absolutely, 100% not open in 2003. That was my senior year. Chuck's was definitely not open.

Braggs. Bugsys. Sutters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggs. Bugsys. Sutters

None of those were open when I was at SU, unless they were hidden away somewhere that's not technically on M-Street. I've never even heard of those bars, and I consider myself a professional beer drinker who spent way too much money at the bars in Syracuse.

EDIT: Bottom line, that "15 bars" stat is BS, but then this is YNN so we probably shouldn't be thinking too much about it anyway.

What bars are still open on M-Street? Faegan's, Lucy's, Chuck's, Maggie's? Or did I hear that Maggie's is now under a different name?

EDIT: Bottom line, that "15 bars" stat is BS, but then this is YNN so we probably shouldn't be thinking too much about it anyway.

Are you suggesting that YNN, the station that gives Danny Eaton a steady paycheck, is playing fast and loose with the facts? :D

I believe it was called Hungry Charlies at the time?
It was not open. Just looked it up to confirm. It went on "hiatus" in 1996 and did not reopen until fall 2003.

Braggs was the orange grove or whatever they called it. I think bugsys turned into 44s. Sutters. Well that place was interesting

I can think of 5 that are open now off the top of my head. Not sure who does the fact checking at YNN :rolleyes:

I can think of 5 that are open now off the top of my head. Not sure who does the fact checking at YNN :rolleyes:

faegans, chucks, lucys, harrys, dj's for sure.

Back in my day (early 70s) I am told there were 9 bars on M-Street and vicinity.

Funny. I could have sworn there were 18.

Yeah, that is completely BS. I'm not sure what the hell they're thinking, unless they honestly think places like Varsity and Acropolis are bars for some bizarre reason.

Even if they were counting them, these are places that are still around so that would mean the current count would be way more than 5.

I can't imagine Marshall street had 15 bars. That would mean that basically every store was a bar (it seems to me) and many of those stores are wayyy to small to serve as a bar anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom