Shocking stat I just heard on YNN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shocking stat I just heard on YNN

i dont think i ever made it up to the hill not drunk- so dam if i remember how many bars were there in the early 80's-
did see a awesome football players fight at sutters- su vs colgate i think-

carved more than one bench at hungry chucks

i dont think i ever made it up to the hill not drunk- so dam if i remember how many bars were there in the early 80's-
did see a awesome football players fight at sutters- su vs colgate i think-

carved more than one bench at hungry chucks
Was that the infamous offensive line vs. DC fight? I think DC KO'd two lineman that night. DC suffered bruised knuckles.

Was that the infamous offensive line vs. DC fight? I think DC KO'd two lineman that night. DC suffered bruised knuckles.
Even John Syracuse looks up to DC.

I miss marshall st and the hill from the 1980's. god those were good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You aren't kidding. Sutter's...Buggsy's...

Yep. Chuck's/Hungry Charlies was around back in the 70's..just down in the basement...back when the legal age in NY was 18. :)
The Beer Dungeon!

When I was in high school 86-90, girls from my high school were able to get in there. I had no shot competing against older college guys, even with my older brother's ID :(

it started right next to me-i ran awaycouchburn-i was all of 125lbs if i carried a 20lb bag of potatoes-these dudes were huge- i do remember the bouncers getting tossed around

they must have interviewed fab... he gets things mixed up i hear.. no way in hell there were 15 in 03...

Totally false. In 2003 there was Faegan's, Harry's, Lucy's, Darwin's, Konrad's and Maggies.

Braggs was the orange grove or whatever they called it. I think bugsys turned into 44s. Sutters. Well that place was interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44's became Konrads. Started out as the "Generic Bar" Now it's a restaurant.

Bugsey's was around the corner on Crouse. Next to the McDonalds.

44's became Konrads. Started out as the "Generic Bar" Now it's a restaurant.

Bugsey's was around the corner on Crouse. Next to the McDonalds.
So then Bugsy's became Lucy's? That's what's next to the McDonald's now. Actually, is the McDonald's even still there? I haven't been up there in a couple years and don't recalls seeing it last time I was there.

Poets, Maggie's, Buggsies...

So then Bugsy's became Lucy's? That's what's next to the McDonald's now. Actually, is the McDonald's even still there? I haven't been up there in a couple years and don't recalls seeing it last time I was there.

McDonald's has been long gone. I believe it's a Bruegger's now.

Correct on Lucy's I think.

In my day there was Maggies and Poets (both in the mall), Hungry Charlies, Sutters, Bugsys, Braggs, Faegans, The Generic Bar, and the Jab.

McDonald's has been long gone. I believe it's a Bruegger's now.
Nah, Bruegger's is on the other side of Lucy's. It's located by the alleyway leading to Chuck's, across from Faegan's.

Yep. Chuck's/Hungry Charlies was around back in the 70's..just down in the basement...back when the legal age in NY was 18. :)
Yup, it was Hungry Charlie's when I was there from 80-85. Drinking age was still 18. I think it was around 1984 when it went up (I turned 21 in 1983 and that was before the drinking age went up). Hungry Charlie's was one of my favorite hangouts for cheap beer and bar food.
Also used to like Maggie's a lot - I think it was upstairs in the mall at that time.
There was also Sutter's, Faegan's, and the one place that was more of a night club whose name I can't remember at the moment - it was right on Crouse Ave next to the alley that led to Sutter's and Hungry Charlie's

What I miss more than the bars though is Zorba's - used to love his hot roast beef subs.

Chuck's was absolutely, 100% not open in 2003. That was my senior year. Chuck's was definitely not open.

I went to Chuck's when I was in high school, in the early 90's. It was in the basement. First pitcher of beer I ever drank all by myself was at Chuck's... It was also the first night I got 86'd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom