Should Cuse honor Coach K during his visit to the Dome? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Should Cuse honor Coach K during his visit to the Dome?

Boring post alert: honestly who cares. If we do honor him, it would be a nice gesture. If we don't, no one on Earth will notice.
I am thinking they will make a video about B & K’s friendship over the years. They will throw in the first time Duke ever came to the Dome and the Sports Coat Game. It will be very classy, This will be just before tip off. Then the two men will shake hands, wave to the roaring crowd, and we will commence our beat down of them.

:)

I do think we can beat them.

I am thinking they will make a video about B & K’s friendship over the years. They will throw in the first time Duke ever came to the Dome and the Sports Coat Game. It will be very classy, This will be just before tip off. Then the two men will shake hands, wave to the roaring crowd, and we will commence our beat down of them.

:)

I do think we can beat them.

As long as they remember to include the beat down part, I like it!

UNC not planning to but Louisville did. Not sure we need to but we are classy enough. Maybe something with his name spelled wrong would be appropriate.

UNC Is Completely Snubbing Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski During His Final Away Game Vs. Tarheels UNC Completely Snubs Mike Krzyzewski During Final Game In Chapel Hill

I think Gerry McNamara should grab the microphone and say to the Dome crowd that "I've never heard of Coach K" and then declare him officially retired.

Absolutely, I think JAB will insist on it. They are good friends as well as fierce competitors. Rivals, even short-lived rivalries deserve acknowledgement. Like him or not there is no denying his tremendous success and what he did for Duke. The man is a legend.

That's ok as long as they finish the tribute video with the court storming at the Dome.

Don't you mean Calipari? I mean, nobody is close to as dirty as him and WW Wes.
I don’t know why people say Coach K cheats. Is there evidence of such? I think sometimes he acts like a jerk, but so does our coach. I have a buddy who LOVES Duke and goes to all of their games, but he thinks K is kind of crappy to the players and doesn’t like him for that.

that's just one. Some smoke around family benefits for Chris Duhon, Trajon Langdon off the top of my head. The Duke friends of the program are good at keeping K in a state of plausible deniability.

Maybe JB is going to catch K in All-time wins after all

I don’t know why people say Coach K cheats. Is there evidence of such? I think sometimes he acts like a jerk, but so does our coach. I have a buddy who LOVES Duke and goes to all of their games, but he thinks K is kind of crappy to the players and doesn’t like him for that.
There is documentation that Zion Williamson was offered $100k to go to Kansas. But, then he chose to go to Duke where they already had two guys ranked ahead of him to play forward. Somewhere around 2014 their recruiting took a HUGE uptick. Until then, only UK was getting these types of classes.

Since he’s retiring, he might be short some cash. We should pass the hat to give him some spending money.
I am sure the Duke boosters that always seem to find a job for the parent of a top Duke recruit can find a place for him. He doesn't even need to have experience or any other legitimate qualification for the job.

There is documentation that Zion Williamson was offered $100k to go to Kansas. But, then he chose to go to Duke where they already had two guys ranked ahead of him to play forward. Somewhere around 2014 their recruiting took a HUGE uptick. Until then, only UK was getting these types of classes.
Trajan Langdon and jay williams and others go way beyond 2014

Trajan Langdon and jay williams and others go way beyond 2014
Yeah, I am just talking about when they stepped it up to UK levels.

How many times has K coached against us in the Dome? Since we joined the ACC I believe this will be the 6th time. There may have been a couple of times before the ACC, but not a lot. I get that he’s a hall of fame coach, and he and JB are friends, but he doesn’t have that long history with us that creates a “final time in the dome” emotion. I might feel differently about a Thompson, Louie, PJ etc. because of the many years of rivalry, but I don’t see the big deal with K’s last visit to the Dome.

We’ll probably do something, and I won’t be too concerned either way, I just want to beat them as much as always.

Honor him by crushing his spirit and destroying whatever’s left of their championship hopes
Beating him would be amazing but we aren't crushing their title hopes. I hate to say it they are still good enough to win it all.

Beating him would be amazing but we aren't crushing their title hopes. I hate to say it they are still good enough to win it all.
Maybe, but they’ve underacheived for the talent they have. I’m old enough to remember when fans here thought they’d walk through a suck ACC. That’s not happening either.

According to KP they are the third best team we’ve played.