Silent G to Pistons! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Silent G to Pistons!

I know JVG actually graduated from Brockport HS. I am assuming SVG did as well..

A friend of mine graduated with JVG from Nazareth College in Rochester and had been given tickets to games back when he coached. The Van Gundy's were both born in California where SVG graduated, then moved to Brockport when their dad got the job where JVG completed high school.

I know JVG actually graduated from Brockport HS. I am assuming SVG did as well..

I"m not sure. I know Stan was in college while Jeff was in high school, not sure how long they were in Brockport prior to that though.

I believe I remember hearing that Jeff played one year at SUNY Brockport as well, and transferred to Nazareth when his father left Brockport.

So confused! I thought it was his time at Duke.

;)

The Duke reference is unbelievable. He spent one year at Duke and 4 at Syracuse. Amazing, just amazing!

I'm looking forward to seeing G play in the D-League. I hope he dominates more than CJ.

Dave85 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing G play in the D-League. I hope he dominates more than CJ.

D League? Don't think he makes the roster?

I thought he would play in the D-League to determine if he makes the roster.

Ah I understand now. The first step is summer league which starts soon. Then they have the preseason games and determine the roster from there. If he doesn't make the roster after the pre-season, then it's D-League.

The Pistons immediate plans are to play him at the point in the summer league. If he is successful there, he will open the season as their third pg and reserve 2/3. SVG specifically said that he valued his versatility and envisions him being on the Pistons next year.

The Pistons immediate plans are to play him at the point in the summer league. If he is successful there, he will open the season as their third pg and reserve 2/3. SVG specifically said that he valued his versatility and envisions him being on the Pistons next year.

That's what I thought I read.

Ah I understand now. The first step is summer league which starts soon. Then they have the preseason games and determine the roster from there. If he doesn't make the roster after the pre-season, then it's D-League.

That's my understanding also.

Sounds like G is going to have every opportunity to have a career in the league. When the coach is 100% behind a 2nd round guy it tells you a lot about the player, it seems like he sees the same G we saw. 2 years younger and G is probably a lottery pick.

Sounds like G is going to have every opportunity to have a career in the league. When the coach is 100% behind a 2nd round guy it tells you a lot about the player, it seems like he sees the same G we saw. 2 years younger and G is probably a lottery pick.

Of all the recent Orange to get drafted in the NBA I would like to see G be successful more than anyone else. He's has great character and is a really good person. I'm really rooting for him to succeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom