So Babers is sold on Shrader? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

So Babers is sold on Shrader?

If QBs were measured solely by their stats, then Greg Paulus is the greatest QB in Syracuse history. That's the logical conclusion to your argument. Just sayin'.

Did you ever play the game? Because some of the "biggest winners" in football history weren't necessarily the guys who put up the gaudiest numbers. Some who pop to mind are Terry Bradshaw, Tim Tebow, Big Ben Rothlesberger, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams and Phil Simms.

It's not Fantasy Football that wins games. It's guys hitting guys as hard as they can, and then getting up and doing it again.
The thing those “winners” had in common? Good defenses, often all time good. Good coaches. Good organizations.

You’re saying your not “fantasy footballing” but your ascribing “winner” to guys who won a team sport with great teams. How about Matt Stafford? Bad team, bad organization, HC changes = didn’t win a lot of games.

A little less Tucker pounding the rock and a little more Tucker split wide and in motion or in the slot and wheel routes. Any time Tucker can get the ball on space or even decoy that he might get the ball on space will wreak havoc with secondaries and OC's scheme and should allow some missed assignments and wide open receivers. That will help whoever plays QB. Also maybe a punt return now and then for 34.
I’m all about getting Tucker touches in space. But you can’t let him handle it 40 times a game.

Id try to get him more involved in the passing game, drop the carries a bit for sure. But I wouldn’t let him anywhere near a PR. Not even a thought imo.

I’m all about getting Tucker touches in space. But you can’t let him handle it 40 times a game.

Id try to get him more involved in the passing game, drop the carries a bit for sure. But I wouldn’t let him anywhere near a PR. Not even a thought imo.
A punt return could boost his Heisman campaign.

Tucker needs the ball in his hand as much as possible for us to win. We also need to keep him healthy. Two issues at odds with each other.

So far we've played in 2 straight very competitive games. I suspect we'll come into games where it's not in doubt in the fourth quarter as wins and losses. Need to find Tucker some rest during those for sure

Trollin’
Not sure how this is trolling. Tucker is a home run hitter, put him in spots to hit homeruns. He has the power to run between the tackles but his real talent is that track star speed.

Thanks for the insight on the differences.
Screens to the RB, off-tackle runs, formation with FB offset QB, less slot WR, less tempo, less sideline WR screens off of tempo

Money can probably elaborate

The thing those “winners” had in common? Good defenses, often all time good. Good coaches. Good organizations.

You’re saying your not “fantasy footballing” but your ascribing “winner” to guys who won a team sport with great teams. How about Matt Stafford? Bad team, bad organization, HC changes = didn’t win a lot of games.

Our defense has been top 10 through 4 games. Why hasn't DeVito done better?

We held a Rutgers team that put 60 points on the board the week before to only 17. Why couldn't Tommy do any better than putting 7 points on the board with a solid defense behind him?

We held a Rutgers team that put 60 points on the board the week before to only 17. Why couldn't Tommy do any better than putting 7 points on the board with a solid defense behind him?
because of as fumble a missed fg and a bad holding call..

We can argue about this all day.. The Player that can give us the best offense is TD by a mile.. the issue is that mistakes matter too and right it seems our best shot at winning theses games is getting to 20..

Shrader needs to pass better or we need to put him in spots to pass better because the D is not holding the next 8 teams to 20 every week but still if we can keep 4 of them in the 20s we can win because not all 8 teams are solid on D either.

can the oline take another step forward will help too.. they have gotten better and we had 50% of a game they dominated a solid team. Can they figure out something that works when teams sell out like Liberty did, pop guys on occasion thru a stacked line.

Screens to the RB, off-tackle runs, formation with FB offset QB, less slot WR, less tempo, less sideline WR screens off of tempo

Money can probably elaborate
Thank you, that helps when I go back to look and compare play calling for both.

What upperdeck just posted is on point. I'd add that the Rutgers D is pretty good as we saw vs Michigan this weekend. They held them to 275 yards of O. We had 258.

I don’t care who plays. Obviously the question is who gives us the best chance to win. And with the deficiencies this team has, winning has nothing to do with style points. I don’t care how pretty the plays are. I don’t care how perfectly the ball spirals. Move the chains. And the best way for us to do that is by minimizing the negative plays, and being very efficient in the red zone. Other things like stats or long bombs are gravy. Grind it out. Call it Schwattzwalder football. Call it three yards and a cloud of dust. I don’t care. Just win.

I think you some catching up to do stats wise. There’s EPA that rates each play (way over simplifying here) that 100% rates those plays correctly. There’s also PFF grades where trained professionals watch game tape and grade. Again, sacks and throwing out of bounds don't grade positive.

To be clear, both of these ways of looking at TD and GS show two mediocre at best QBs so far this year.
I don't care about pff grades it's true

yeah I’d like to see his carries right around 20. Adam’s can get the other 10.

I don't care about pff grades it's true
Not sure why you’re chiming in then? “This data doesn’t support my conclusions and also I don’t care about the data” is an interesting posting strategy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom