So how about that Fox story? | Syracusefan.com

So how about that Fox story?

I hope JB reads it. He might have to schedule another presser.

Scathing as it may be - the truth may not be that far off. Hop may have taken the Washington job of his own "free" will - but the circumstances involving JB obviously made it increasingly difficult for him to want to stick around. There's no debating that.

It always strikes me as ironic that talentless hacks like this Chris Chase (who I had honestly never heard of before 5 minutes ago) somehow fall into the truth, but are too stupid to realize it.

"When a six-year deal at a school with a ripe recruiting area and not much pressure opens up, that’s far better than staying at Syracuse."

But you're right, Chris, it's all a big conspiracy by the devil himself, Jim Boeheim.

"story" is the operative word.

not a single source, on or off the record

Why don't you give us your take?
Do you think it wasn't true that Boeheim wanted to stay past next year?
You don't think it hurt Boeheim's pride that the NCAA was forcing him to retire "when I didn't do anything wrong"?
Do you think Mike believed that Boeheim was going to willingly hand over the keys after next year?
Isn't it a miracle that Boeheim is now staying past his NCAA imposed deadline?

[QUOTE="But you're right, Chris, it's all a big conspiracy by the devil himself, Jim Boeheim.[/QUOTE]

Jim Boeheim is the anti-Keyser Söze. My guess is that you'll hear from him again. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he should come back for as head basketball coach with an extension. And like that... he's back.

haven't you had your fill of H0T Takes?

this clown is a glorified blogger whose CV is filled with nothing but click whoring takes . . . but it suits your preferred version then enjoy yourself
A very good friend of mine talked to Hop today. A person that Hop wouldn't lie to (at least that is what we both think) He would have no reason to lie to this person. He says at the end of the day, he left because the deal to washington was just too good to pass up. He could build the program like Jb built the program here. He didn't leave because of all of this other talk. After all, he made no secret of the fact that he would have left for the USC job just two years ago, if he had been fortunate enough to get that job.

Chris Chase is easily one of the top 5 worst laziest
hot take writers in the nation.
We are all more stupid for having that published.
Chase writes to incite people to hate him and keep him relevant.
My advice
CW61HC9.jpg

haven't you had your fill of H0T Takes?

this clown is a glorified blogger whose CV is filled with nothing but click whoring takes . . . but it suits your preferred version then enjoy yourself

No, I'm curious what YOU think. You have been posting here a long time. If you are going to be so dismissive of the guy's story, I think it's fair for you to offer why or how you think he's wrong. Because that is likely to become the conventional wisdom, IMO.

A very good friend of mine talked to Hop today. A person that Hop wouldn't lie to (at least that is what we both think) He would have no reason to lie to this person. He says at the end of the day, he left because the deal to washington was just too good to pass up. He could build the program like Jb built the program here. He didn't leave because of all of this other talk. After all, he made no secret of the fact that he would have left for the USC job just two years ago, if he had been fortunate enough to get that job.
Dash, you're 10x the journalist that Chris Chase is

No, I'm curious what YOU think. You have been posting here a long time. If you are going to be so dismissive of the guy's story, I think it's fair for you to offer why or how you think he's wrong. Because that is likely to become the conventional wisdom, IMO.
I don't know what the behind the scenes story is. I do know that he made that story up out of whole cloth without speaking to any principals.

The article is 100% correct. People around here just don't want to believe it.

It might be the case but the story was just a bunch of theories.

Just as easily I could write the same article saying, "MIKE HOPKINS WAS AFRAID OF FAILING JIM BOEHEIM! By leaving, he knew he wouldn't disappoint him"

Is that wrong?

Many in the media dislike JB (some intensely) and will gleefully rip him at any chance that presents itself. Ask yourself...is the tone of this article objective and balanced? You can just sense the venom dripping off it.

Let me answer one of his open ended questions...

"After all, why would Hopkins wait 10 years as the designated successor, sit through all of the NCAA problems"

He got paid a lot of money to be an assistant coach and never received a job offer to be a head coach?

I mean...is it THAT implausible?

Many in the media dislike JB (some intensely) and will gleefully rip him at any chance that presents itself. Ask yourself...is the tone of this article objective and balanced? You can just sense the venom dripping off it.
the kid who wrote it is from Bethesda Md. What does that tell you?