So I deleted my thread about the jersey... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

So I deleted my thread about the jersey...

tep624 said:
He couldn't have been more gracious about it too. Class act all the way.
I find it so odd that no one told him before. No wait, no I don't. They didn't even know who was who...

The whole SUAD needs to a good cleaning. Giasante came off horribly in his "apologize" interview. Still not sure what exactly he does? And how does Gross' wife have a top level job inside the same department? It's been a clown show for years up there. Time to clean house.

He's a California guy, all of his previous expierience is from the West Coast. I am sure that's how Gross got to know him. We are a rather large private university, and I know you don't want all your employees to be Syracuse people, but maybe it would help to hire more Alumni/Locals. At least then you don't lose so much of the history/tradition. I'd walk away from my job today if I ever got a chance to work for the University. People who care about the history of the place they work for will usually do a better job than someone who has no freakin clue.

Last edited:
He's a California guy, all of his previous expierience is from the West Coast I am sure that's how Gross got to know him. We are a rather large private university, and I know you don't want all your employees to be Syracuse people, but maybe it would help to hire more Alumni/Locals. At least then you don't lose so much of the history/tradition. I'd walk away from my job today if I ever got a chance to work for the University. People who care about the history of the place they work for will usually do a better job than someone who has no freakin clue.

He worked with Dr. Renee Baumgartner while they both were at Oregon, so that's the connection.

Eh, first world problem.

It is symbolic though because the whole pitch of Club 44 was an "exclusive" place inside the Dome, yet you expect people to leave to use the restroom, and then wait in line to get back in, even after they have paid. Just another example about not really caring about the people supporting the program.

Bad leaders are always afraid to admit mistakes.
Not quite on this level obviously, but the old adage still stands:
coverup.jpg

It is symbolic though because the whole pitch of Club 44 was an "exclusive" place inside the Dome, yet you expect people to leave to use the restroom, and then wait in line to get back in, even after they have paid. Just another example about not really caring about the people supporting the program.

I was kidding.

The fact that they would oversell a time limited facility to the point that there is a line is troublesome. I fully recognize the impractical nature of the space.

I was kidding.

The fact that they would oversell a time limited facility to the point that there is a line is troublesome. I fully recognize the impractical nature of the space.
if i ever set foot in Club 44 it will be for the sole purpose of ruining everyone's experience in there. as such, a lack of restrooms shouldn't be an issue. a potted plant will do.

some of the best fun i've had in bars is strolling into snooty bars with idiots and acting like we own the place

I was kidding.

Sorry. I just wanted another opportunity to talk about a half-assed SUAD project...because the top bars in Manhattan make you go to the diner down the block if you need to hit the head.

Very few up there now has any sense of SU history. Most everyone here would have immediately known it was misspelled. Up there...not so much. Half of them never heard of Rosie.
If they didn't know couldn't they have at least asked JB who Rosie, and Louis were? If people in the AD aren't familiar with the schools athletic history, they shouldn't be there. That should be a requirement for the job.

Wow. Talk about a drop the mic and walk away post!

Let me add this in re Club 4 4: They need to either put bathrooms in the place or allow people who are already inside and have to leave to relieve to be able to come back in without having to wait on line. What happened was we entered, got 2 overpriced bottles of Stella and then my friend Nancy had to go to the bathroom. She left and then had to wait on line to get back in. After 15 minutes, I went to the door and called BS on this, as I saw some of the people named in CTO's post above just waltz right in without having to wait. Needless to say, she got back in right then, but then SHE got booed by all the people waiting in line that she jumped ahead of.

<Shaking my head>...

They sold enough memberships to Club 44 that you have to wait in line to get in?

<Shaking my head>

I seem to remember seeing what they were charging and thinking it was ridiculous (somebody please post what the annual cost is to belong to the Club - Thanks in advance)...

So, if I thought the cost was exorbitant to begin with and then I have to wait on line to get in on top of that...

<Shaking my head even more vigorously>

And, God Forbid you have to pee, you have to wait in line all over again...

<shook my head clean off and am now watching it spin around on the floor>

Larry, Moe, Curly, Lloyd and Harry are running the place - that is the only possible explanation...

<Shaking my head>...

They sold enough memberships to Club 44 that you have to wait in line to get in?

<Shaking my head>

I seem to remember seeing what they were charging and thinking it was ridiculous (somebody please post what the annual cost is to belong to the Club - Thanks in advance)...

So, if I thought the cost was exorbitant to begin with and then I have to wait on line to get in on top of that...

<Shaking my head even more vigorously>

And, God Forbid you have to pee, you have to wait in line all over again...

<shook my head clean off and am now watching it spin around on the floor>

Larry, Moe, Curly, Lloyd and Harry are running the place - that is the only possible explanation...
you have to make a wait if you want your douchebaggy club to look popular

Sorry. I just wanted another opportunity to talk about a half-assed SUAD project...because the top bars in Manhattan make you go to the diner down the block if you need to hit the head.
speaking of the bars in Manhattan, as i sat down for lunch with my NYPost, i eventually got to a page containing a nice big fat picture of Orr and Bouie, with Rosey holding the 'Bowie' under the title "Jest of Honor" with a subtitle of "No ex-'Cuses".

NEW YORKS TEAM!!!

absolute fluckin morons...

I then go back into the main central office, see she's not there and me, my case and my ball then make a quick exit stage right leaving the place as soon as I could. No call about it and the ball continues to sit in my man cave basement SU shrine since.

I'll take it.

you have to make a wait if you want your douchebaggy club to look popular

http://cuse.com/sports/2012/9/18/club44.aspx

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL

$1000 a year for the privilege of waiting in line just to get in..and then imagine how crowded it must be inside if you have to wait in line to get in...like Faegen's on a Saturday night in the mid-eighties...

$1000 to wait on line after peeing...

Funny, they forgot to mention the waiting in line as one of the perks of membership...

Oh my frickin' God, these people are out of their minds...

If I spent $1000 bucks and then had to wait in line, I'd be waiting in Phone-Home's office when he got in the next day...

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL

$1000 a year for the privilege of waiting in line just to get in..and then imagine how crowded it must be inside if you have to wait in line to get in...like Faegen's on a Saturday night in the mid-eighties...

Funny, they forgot to mention the waiting in line as one of the perks of membership...

If I spent $1000 bucks and then had to wait in line, I'd be waiting in Phone-Home's office when he got in the next day...

It it open or cash bar once you are in, because at $25 per person for a single game admission that might not be the worst deal in the world......well line to get in excluded of course.

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL

Oh it's better. Since they haven't sold enough of those yearly memberships, you can pay $25 for a day pass to get in, which is why you get a line.

It it open or cash bar once you are in, because at $25 per person for a single game admission that might not be the worst deal in the world...well line to get in excluded of course.

Cash but it is full-service (dripping with sarcasm) so it's worth it...

It it open or cash bar once you are in, because at $25 per person for a single game admission that might not be the worst deal in the world...well line to get in excluded of course.

Cash bar

Oh it's better. Since they haven't sold enough of those yearly memberships, you can pay $25 for a day pass to get in, which is why you get a line.

Duh...then two separate entrance lines...one for $1000 (first class)..one for day-trippers (coach)...first class doesn't wait ever...coach does...

Do I have to think of everything?

Slightly off topic, but if you go to Joe Giansante's Twitter account (@JoeGiansante), you will see the Syracuse University Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director (whatever that is) re-tweeting Marcus Mariota Heisman tweets and speaking about the Super Bowl like he is a 14-year old child. Not to mention horrible grammar and punctuation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're an upper-level management official from a major Division I athletic department - and you are the "Chief Communications Officer" of said organization - wouldn't it be your primary goal to create an image of competence and promote the great things that the University that signs your paycheck would want to promote?

I understand Twitter is 140 characters or less and a lot of times grammar isn't taken into account, but for a CCO it absolutely should be.

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL

"A manhattan style..."

that is so LAME

and gross puts down syracuse without even realizing it.

Last edited:
Forza Azzurri said:
http://cuse.com/sports/2012/9/18/club44.aspx LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL $1000 a year for the privilege of waiting in line just to get in..and then imagine how crowded it must be inside if you have to wait in line to get in...like Faegen's on a Saturday night in the mid-eighties... $1000 to wait on line after peeing... Funny, they forgot to mention the waiting in line as one of the perks of membership... Oh my frickin' God, these people are out of their minds... If I spent $1000 bucks and then had to wait in line, I'd be waiting in Phone-Home's office when he got in the next day...

I think you can get in on a per game basis too. $50 per?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom