So, if Mike Hopkins phone rings does he answer or send to VM? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So, if Mike Hopkins phone rings does he answer or send to VM?

Zero shot in my opinion.

Then again you don’t know with these things unless you try.

What has Hopkins done that is so great at Washington? He's got a lot more work to do there before he can be considered having accomplished something as a head coach.

At the point when he left, there was literally 0% chance Hop would come back here. The press and everyone involved (JB, Hop himself) in the decision painted a rosy picture but let's just say that wasn't exactly accurate. A lot of things would have to change on the hill to get him to come back to SU. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but I don't think it's likely.

Personally I don't think it will be a good idea for the next coach to be part of the Boeheim lineage. He's not going to let go even after he's removed, so it is going to be really hard for anyone who came up in coaching under him. I really think we're going to need someone who can come in and ignore him.
If JB were to retire this season I wonder who the top 5 list is to replace him. I honestly couldn't tell you. The Buffalo coach seems to have potential, but he also seems like an arrogant who I wouldn't to support as a fan. The young guys who are good but can do it with class seem far and few between.

What has Hopkins done that is so great at Washington? He's got a lot more work to do there before he can be considered having accomplished something as a head coach.

Winning 22 games with the exact same personnel that won 9 games the previous year is something. Oh, and he did that without Markelle Fultz, who went #1 in the NBA draft. Also won at Kansas (a team that killed us the week before), and beat Arizona. Given the state the UW program was in when he took over, it was a damn near miraculous coaching job, which is why we won Pac 12 Coach of the Year.

Now... this year is another thing entirely... really struggling to get over the hump.

Winning 22 games with the exact same personnel that won 9 games the previous year is something. Oh, and he did that without Markelle Fultz, who went #1 in the NBA draft. Also won at Kansas (a team that killed us the week before), and beat Arizona. Given the state the UW program was in when he took over, it was a damn near miraculous coaching job, which is why we won Pac 12 Coach of the Year.

Now... this year is another thing entirely... really struggling to get over the hump.
Sure. That's accurate. One good year doesn't make anyone an established coach. Especially doing it in the weak Pac12.

We've been to more final fours in our down time than the Washington's of the world would ever see. Since 2000 three school outside of spitting distance of I95 won titles (UL, MSU, KU).

past performance and all that. give hop time.

You really are a peach. He's been like for a minute and you're asking this question. Seriously.

Shooting to the top of the most ignored poster title - CousCous!!!

You really are a peach. He's been like for a minute and you're asking this question. Seriously.

Shooting to the top of the most ignored poster title - CousCous!!!
Let him make the tourney once or win the Pac12. There are a lot better choices than Mike at this point.

Let him make the tourney once or win the Pac12. There are a lot better choices than Mike at this point.

And I'm sure he will and you'll still be throwing shade at him.

This is Hopkins second year. He was the PAC-12 coach of the year in his first year.
You were railing on his replacement as to why we are struggling. Now you troll the other side.

Cmon be entertaining or have actual takes.

This is Hopkins second year. He was the PAC-12 coach of the year in his first year.
You were railing on his replacement as to why we are struggling. Now you troll the other side.

Cmon be entertaining or have actual takes.
He's a great assistant coach. He may be a great head coach, but that isn't proven yet.

Asking this question for a friend:

Is anybody else ready for a clean break, whenever the time comes?

I can't imagine success any other way.

@ off the top of my head; Kevin Willard and Jeff Jones.

Jeff Jones would probably be sixty by the time JB left and hasn’t really killed it at ODU.

Kevin Willard? I guess? He’s been at SHU how long and has one NCAAT win?

Asking this question for a friend:

Is anybody else ready for a clean break, whenever the time comes?
My outside of the box hire would be Boston Celtics assistant Jay Larrañaga.
He is young, can coach, and will be a stud if given a chance.
He could get an NBA job soon.
He has the lineage from his dad at Miami as well.
Brad Stevens swears by him.

And I'm sure he will and you'll still be throwing shade at him.
Mike Hopkins is a great Orange-man. I just don't think you get the kings crown based on that. Yes, he has to prove it.

Jeff Jones would probably be sixty by the time JB left and hasn’t really killed it at ODU.

Kevin Willard? I guess? He’s been at SHU how long and has one NCAAT win?
I like both of those guys, there are more that may be better. I think the next coach should be an experienced guy to deal with the Boeheim aftermath.

Mike Hopkins is a great Orange-man. I just don't think you get the kings crown based on that. Yes, he has to prove it.

That's how every head coach gets the crown (what a stupid phrase). Whatever dude. You're boring as hell, and offer little actual analysis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom