So, if Mike Hopkins phone rings does he answer or send to VM? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

So, if Mike Hopkins phone rings does he answer or send to VM?

My outside of the box hire would be Boston Celtics assistant Jay Larrañaga.
He is young, can coach, and will be a stud if given a chance.
He could get an NBA job soon.
He has the lineage from his dad at Miami as well.
Brad Stevens swears by him.

If he cheats as bad as his dad I would rather stay away. Miami pays terrible offense as well.

Who’s crying?

Hopkins was the PAC 12 coach of the year and he’s recruiting New York.
Can he win the Pac12? Last year he was an unknown out there, let's see how he does in his sophomore season.

That's how every head coach gets the crown (what a stupid phrase). Whatever dude. You're boring as hell, and offer little actual analysis.
You like to resort to personal attacks. My analysis is a program like Syracuse needs a proven coach.

If he cheats as bad as his dad I would rather stay away. Miami pays terrible offense as well.
Larrañaga would be a home run hire.
He can coach and developed Tatum, Brown, Rozier all the Celtics young players.
He is going to get an NBA job.
He has the energy to recruit.

Not even giving him sufficient time to turn over the roster and build the team he truly wants? Yup, you're a peach.
His SU football takes are gold trolling though gotta give him that though.

Right. Well if you like meltdowns root for us to hire Kevin Willard.
Who's your pick, if its Mike that's fine. The ACC is a damn tough league to prove yourself in.

I’m not listening to someone who thinks Scott Shafer was a good football coach tell me who is a good basketball coach.
Shafer won a bowl in his first year, under your analysis he should have been hired by a factory. I think coaches take time to develop.

Gotothehole
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Hop is laughing his tail off right now
————————————————————————————-
Yeah he’s laughing his head off that former teammate Autry and his buddy Griff, GMac a player he coached, his alma mater, not even counting the man who gave him his big chance as both a player and coach and at the school Mike spent over half his life, where his wife is an alum and native, are struggling. Guess you don’t think much of Hop do you or is that just projecting what you’d be doing personally?

Shafer won a bowl in his first year, under your analysis he should have been hired by a factory. I think coaches take time to develop.

Weird you don’t have the same opinion of Hopkins.

He gone. Everyday he becomes further entrenched in their organization and culture. He’s not the type to screw people for money and I’m sure he’s now loyal to Washington for reaching out and showing the love.

He gone!

Asking this question for a friend:

Is anybody else ready for a clean break, whenever the time comes?
Yes! But what are the odds of this happening? When I jokingly made this thread I was operating under the assumption that the next coach will be from the JB tree because typically that's how legends get replaced. Given that assumption, then I think Coach Hop is probably the best option to meet the requirement of being linked to JB somehow. But if that assumption goes out the window, I'd be all for it.

Here's an off the wall candidate... Beilein's son, Patrick. He's young and unproven but he's killing it at LeMoyne. If he can coach anywhere near his dad's capabilities then he will be a good one and will have found our next Syracuse lifer. if JB had retired a decade ago then pops would have been my top choice to replace JB.

Gotothehole
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
Hop is laughing his tail off right now
————————————————————————————-
Yeah he’s laughing his head off that former teammate Autry and his buddy Griff, GMac a player he coached, his alma mater not even counting the man who gave him his big chance as both a player and coach and at the school Mike spent over half his life, where his wife is an alum and native, are struggling. Guess you don’t think much of Hop do you or is that just projecting what you’d be doing personally?
So true. I have been present when he literally has told multiple people with half the team there that this is Syracuse West. That is what he calls it to recruits and to anyone who asks. This is what we did at Syracuse and this is how we are going to do it here. I know he texts with Griff just about every day.

Here's an off the wall candidate... Beilein's son, Patrick. He's young and unproven but he's killing it at LeMoyne.
I would like to see him get a handful of seasons at a D1 school, if nothing else then to just to get his feet wet with that level.

The fans and media would not cut him slack. I would defend him to the end if he got the job.

I'm with ya on this one. I was almost relieved when Boeheim reneged and he left for UW.

18 months later or however long it's been, though, I'm wishing we got the chance to see how he'd have done.

Yes! But what are the odds of this happening? When I jokingly made this thread I was operating under the assumption that the next coach will be from the JB tree because typically that's how legends get replaced. Given that assumption, then I think Coach Hop is probably the best option to meet the requirement of being linked to JB somehow. But if that assumption goes out the window, I'd be all for it.

Here's an off the wall candidate... Beilein's son, Patrick. He's young and unproven but he's killing it at LeMoyne. If he can coach anywhere near his dad's capabilities then he will be a good one and will have found our next Syracuse lifer. if JB had retired a decade ago then pops would have been my top choice to replace JB.

No.

Siena didn’t hire him because he had zero D1 expierience. Why would we?

Be mindful of what you post in this thread, everyone. You don't want to be embarrassed when it gets bumped in 4 years (which is when it *may* be relevant).

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom