Some of you guys need to calm down. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

Loyalty is only used when it fits the narrative of the person using it I guess.

Questioning loyalty is fair game when Green committed to our coaches earlier this week, only to back out on said commitment the following day. There was a lot more going on here than just "Green making the best decision for him" in a vacuum that you are conveniently overlooking in making your impassioned defense of the kid.

Fun Fact: That article was written by this woman...

She must not have listened to the commentators all night. It was all about Fox and Monk. Even though Briscoe played a decent game.

I am so tired of kids saying they want to go to UK because Cal will get them to the NBA. How gullible can they be? These kids will get to the league no matter where they go.

Unlike the rest of you, I live an hour away from UK with lots of TV coverage in Louisville. I'll have to hear about Quade all the time next year ugh.

Questioning loyalty is fair game when Green committed to our coaches earlier this week, only to back out on said commitment the following day. There was a lot more going on here than just "Green making the best decision for him" in a vacuum that you are conveniently overlooking.

I can see if he made the commitment 6 months ago then backed out this week. He committed and backed out the next day. It doesn't change that we had zero backup plan. An 18 year old had cold feet 24 hours after making his decision. It happens.

If we were smart and he said he commits, YOU HAVE HIM SIGN THE DOCUMENT.

Come on Gmac, never saw Jerry McGure? Words as strong as oak don't work in the real word.

I can see if he made the commitment 6 months ago then backed out this week. He committed and backed out the next day. It doesn't change that we had zero backup plan. An 18 year old had cold feet 24 hours after making his decision. It happens.

Come on Gmac, never saw Jerry McGure? Words as strong as oak don't work in the real word.

Not sure what most of that has to do with my post?

I agree that going all in was stupid.

Totally on the staff. Should have given him a deadline .

What does any of that have to do with my post?

I agree that going all in was stupid.

My bad, wasn't directed at you, read your post and what came up in my head is what I typed. I do that a lot. Lol

Loyalty is only used when it fits the narrative of the person using it I guess. Why don't you ask Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson and countless others about loyalty.

Strong trolling, dude. If Quade feels this is the decision he "had" to make, then more power to him. But to try and justify his actions by referencing BJ Johnson and Kaleb Joseph is incredibly weak. They are completely unrelated, and Quade showed an incredible lack of integrity.

Questioning loyalty is fair game when Green committed to our coaches earlier this week, only to back out on said commitment the following day. There was a lot more going on here than just "Green making the best decision for him" in a vacuum that you are conveniently overlooking in making your impassioned defense of the kid.

Reading for content must not be your strong point. So I want you to go back and read my posts. If you decide to do so you will see where I said hours before his commitment that "Qude is getting that bag, so either SU is giving him that bag or KU is giving him that bag, but Quade is getting that bag."

Strong trolling, dude. If Quade feels this is the decision he "had" to make, then more power to him. But to try and justify his actions by referencing BJ Johnson and Kaleb Joseph is incredibly weak. They are completely unrelated, and Quade showed an incredible lack of integrity.

I think what he is trying to say is that that we're the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to loyalty the past couple of years.

OGBJ has been around and since BJ left he doesn't elaborate too much on BJ leaving the program, but reading between the lines it seems like his son and others were done wrong. I get the sanctions but we had room to keep at least one of them.

You said the coaches "should have recognized Quade's lack of character" Sparky. Sorry Quade has a lot of character. Now you can go cry in the corner because if he chose SU you and half the posters would have nothing bad to say about him. That's what I call fake love.
Yes, they should have known he was a douchebag. And if he had chosen SU then I would have fake loved him bunches. But he didn't so I will say he has a lack of character until eternity and you can't do anything about it! Hahahaha

One positive thing is the staff will never make this mistake again they need a deadline. I would have thought they learned with almost losing Battle last year.

I was just thinking of Battle typing my last post. With what we've gone through with recruiting and roster movement you'd think we'd be the last school to go through something like this. You'd also thing our strategy would be different with so many roster spots open.

orangenirvana said:
Yes, they should have known he was a douchebag. And if he had chosen SU then I would have fake loved him bunches. But he didn't so I will say he has a lack of character until eternity and you can't do anything about it! Hahahaha

I think there were some reservations about him at the outset, but maybe that changed or they were willing to overlook it.

I think what he is trying to say is that that we're the pot calling the kettle black when it comes to loyalty the past couple of years.

OGBJ has been around and since BJ left he doesn't elaborate too much on BJ leaving the program, but reading between the lines it seems like his son and others were done wrong. I get the sanctions but we had room to keep at least one of them.

Not justifying the actions of the Staff on any other scenario. They are unrelated. If the coaches did other kids wrong, it doesn't change that Quade did them wrong, and doesn't justify it. We as fans have every right to be upset.

I was just thinking of Battle typing my last post. With what we've gone through with recruiting and roster movement you'd think we'd be the last school to go through something like this. You'd also thing our strategy would be different with so many roster spots open.
I almost expected this and didn't want to believe it up until commitment , for this exact reason. No way they could be going down this road again and then...

Not justifying the actions of the Staff on any other scenario. They are unrelated. If the coaches did other kids wrong, it doesn't change that Quade did them wrong, and doesn't justify it. We as fans have every right to be upset.
As fans we have the right to be upset, but the staff is dealing with fickle teenagers. It's not surprising at all that it turned out this way. We will be fine.

You said the coaches "should have recognized Quade's lack of character" Sparky. Sorry Quade has a lot of character. Now you can go cry in the corner because if he chose SU you and half the posters would have nothing bad to say about him. That's what I call fake love.
What was in the bag?

Your response says it all. I don't even need to respond anymore. You have proven my point, so on that note I'm off to bed. Have a good one.

I don't see FH or TB going to the draft next year. Just not enough pt

PG FH
SG TB
SF MM
PF TT
C PC

Brisset
+2

On top of that, we have a darn good team this year. Sky is not falling

What? Quade owes the fans nothing. He owes his self and his family. Would you care anything about Quade if he couldn't play basketball? No you would not. Sorry, Quade mad the best move for him, regardless of how long it took.
And, the way he went about it sucks
In the end, how many games we end up winning is at stake for us, and for him his future is at stake.
So you are saying as someone who purports to know him and his family personally; that he did not at any time tell the SU staff he was definitely coming to SU and in return they agreed not recruit any other PGs based on that commitment? If that is true than I agree with you. In other words you misspoke when you said he "played" the staff. I do appreciate there are other posters who think taking the word of an 18 year old who commits is "stupid" and basing a recruiting strategy on the word of an 18 year adult is "on them" if at the last minute the 18 year old changes his mind. I don't agree.
But they can't drink nor rent a car.

Wrong, 45 states permit the consumption of alcohol under the age of 21 (18 in most cases) under a wide ranging set of circumstances including medical, religious, educational purposes or no reason at all because it's just OK. Renting a car, no idea but I wouldn't let any 18 year old kid rent my car after he found a loop hole in the drinking laws.

Loyalty is only used when it fits the narrative of the person using it I guess. Why don't you ask Kaleb Joseph and BJ Johnson and countless others about loyalty.

Exactly what do base your statement on these two players? If the Coach tells two of his players they aren't going to see much playing time in the future and they might be better off in a situation where they can play - that is loyalty. It is telling them the truth. If they take that information and transfer, with the help of the staff, that is loyalty. Last I saw both were playing and BJ was doing very well. He wouldn't see any time with the current SU team and you know it. Countless others? Name them. By the way name one player in JB's career that had his scholarship pulled or was run off. I know of one and it wasn't about ability.