Song to break out of tunnel to pump everyone up... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Song to break out of tunnel to pump everyone up...

The best entrance we had ironically was G-Rob's last season in 2008, when we came out to 'Put On' by Jeezy (which came out in 2008). It's too bad the team was so awful, that gave me goosebumps as a student and the team LOVED it.

-Drumma Boy (producer)
So he based it on a 1970’s song played as an entrance to a late 80’s/early 90’s team in 2008. But we can’t pick a song because we’re all too old.

Still is!

I actually love that we use an instrumental of Sabotage (and have for years) as lead in to kickoff.
Always felt off to me, but I’m a Jersey guy watching a game that NJ is strong in, in NJ.

You’re OK with Sabotage? That came out when the team was the Metrostars playing in Giants Stadium! (I love the song, but it is from my college days, like Jump Around and Enter Sandman. That era would never work for a football team playing in 2024).

Always felt off to me, but I’m a Jersey guy watching a game that NJ is strong in, in NJ.

You’re OK with Sabotage? That came out when the team was the Metrostars playing in Giants Stadium! (I love the song, but it is from my college days, like Jump Around and Enter Sandman. That era would never work for a football team playing in 2024).
BTW bnoro I am sorry if this seems pointed at you, it’s not, but I think if you go back to all the threads about hype music, we pretty consistently disagree on it.

BTW bnoro I am sorry if this seems pointed at you, it’s not, but I think if you go back to all the threads about hype music, we pretty consistently disagree on it.
Point it at me all you want, I'm an adult, I can take some discourse.

I've said for years I want two things. Something that is OURS and ours alone, and something that gets the students and the players fired up.

You do those two things and the rest of the crowd will follow.

It's been talked about before but I've never seen or thought of the perfect song to play as the team comes out of the tunnel. Its a huge missed opportunity to get the fans in there earlier and get everyone engaged&pumped up.
I remember coach Fran mentioning that he was open to any suggestions from fans especially those that can make players money. That got me thinking, there must be a few players on the team that are interested in making there own music. Have them create an original song solely for the reason to bust out of the tunnel and get everyone excited. Maybe collaborate with the band, maybe with an alumnus with music experience ex.*Rony Seikaly.
Make the song available to stream for a cost, produce a few other songs too, sell CDs etc...
There's endless spin off ideas to make some money from this. A Syracuse NIL original.
Remember " Shut it down" was that rob Murphys basketball song?
Thoughts?

Some of y'all have never been with a bad bitch, and it shows

The correct answer to this question is “Knights of Cydonia” by Muse. Ideally the music would start around the 3:40 mark and last about 75-90 seconds. You’d be hard pressed to find a better tunnel run out song to start a game. None of this soft pansy music others are suggesting.

I like 2:20-3:40 but 3:50 to end is good too. It’s a little dark and raw, but…

I mean the college kids would love it

There is a drinking game based on the thunderstruck song

Probably would get the student section rolling
Michigan uses Thunderstruck

My personal hype music was AC DC & I would always end with For Those About To Rock playing on my yellow sports Walkman before marching onto the field to beat the snot out of OCS.

I'm sure HC FB will figure this out. He's cooler than all of us anyway.

Last edited:
It's called brainstorming. Definition: throwing out ideas on a topic sometimes not even coherent, there are no bad ideas bc often it is those that spark the greatest solutions.
Shut it down was an example of a song that was produced by someone affiliated with SU athletics.
Rony seikaly is an alumn with experience in music.
What's funny? I honestly am glad I made you laugh. One of my motivations to post here
Something by Queen

My personal hype music was AC DC & I would always end with Hells Bells playing on my yellow sports Walkman before marching onto the field to beat the snot out of OCS.

I'm sure HC FB will figure this out. He's cooler than all of us anyway.
Yep, Back in Black is my fav album of all time. SU can blare out "Shoot to Thrill" but that will not fly in today's society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom