Spring Game April 4, 2015 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 4, 2015

other than ishmeal ishmael can anyone catch the ball?
i think its going to be another defense wins games philosophy in 2015

Think Trey had 3 catches on 3 targets unless I missed something. Admittedly was hanging out with my 6 month old nephew and watching my 3 year old son while trying to watch.

Would've loved to be there but my aunts 65th bday party ended up being scheduled for yesterday. Maybe next year...

Think Trey had 3 catches on 3 targets unless I missed something. Admittedly was hanging out with my 6 month old nephew and watching my 3 year old son while trying to watch.

Would've loved to be there but my aunts 65th bday party ended up being scheduled for yesterday. Maybe next year...
I was impressed by Dunkelberger. He could make for some excitement in the fall I think.

He should have had another on a good gain. I thought the refs blew the whistle early. Wilson got rid of the ball before simmons got to him. Dunkleberger was wide open in the flats for atleast a 20 yard gain

He should have had another on a good gain. I thought the refs blew the whistle early. Wilson got rid of the ball before simmons got to him. Dunkleberger was wide open in the flats for atleast a 20 yard gain

TD has surprising speed for his size.

Speaking of size, imagine a red zone set with Custis, Anoicy, Brold and TD. Assuming Hunt can hit his intended receivers, I hope all of these guys can consistently catch the ball.

Edit: didn't mean to leave Ishmael off the list...in this hypothetical set, AB would line-up as the H-back.

image1.JPG

I was impressed by Dunkelberger. He could make for some excitement in the fall I think.

Cameron Mac was playing ahead of him on the ones.

I ran into this guy as well, lacrosse player Sean Young. He was trying to help sell football season tickets. It was very cool. I went up to make sure my seat was still there and Sean was waiting in my section with clipboard in hand. Had a nice chat about Lacrosse then another about football. Good kid that seems happy to be able to compete. Likes the IPF and thinks it will help the football team.

Link

Last edited:
We have a lot of tight ends on the roster but only two got touches at the spring game. Dunkleberger caught 3 and Batten caught 1. How do you see the TE depth chart for the fall?

We have a lot of tight ends on the roster but only two got touches at the spring game. Dunkleberger caught 3 and Batten caught 1. How do you see the TE depth chart for the fall?
I think is says alot about Provo and Batten. You let a QB transfer from a lower level school beat you out at TE? It looks like it will be Parris, Dunk and CMac. We need a couple TE's in this class. I hope they are going hard in the NewEngland area. Seems to be quite a few TE prospects up there.

Last edited:
GoSU96 said:

No catches and dropped a TD. Want him to do well - but Trey out played him catching the ball. Blocking? I don't know...

Shenexon said:

Should have been 3. Cam dropped a wide open td pass that he had 2 mitts on. That can't happen.

TheCusian said:
No catches and dropped a TD. Want him to do well - but Trey out played him catching the ball. Blocking? I don't know...
Totally agree. Not sure what he was doing ahead of TD? Physically TD looks the part, and he backed it up with his play. IMO Cam isn't in the same league.

Totally agree. Not sure what he was doing ahead of TD? Physically TD looks the part, and he backed it up with his play. IMO Cam isn't in the same league.
Ray Marten would be a nice recruit to add here

Yeah Cam had a clean TD drop. The staff seems to like him though. Maybe he will be inserted in some goal line blocking packages. Hopefully not a throwing target. Dunk is gonna be good in the redzone.

All I know is that Cam was playing on the first team.

That other guy, didn't.

Maybe it's all just a big smoke job, and Gedney is in on it to.

Kinda late but got a chance to see some of the scrimmage. I reread this thread and it seems like all the focus was on WRs & QBs.

Not sure but aren't we lining up in the pistol formation? If so, that's also a disguising wrinkle in Lester's new offense in the backfield.

Didn't anyone else notice this or are my eyes deceiving me?

GoSU96 said:
All I know is that Cam was playing on the first team. That other guy, didn't. Maybe it's all just a big smoke job, and Gedney is in on it to.

I wonder if they are trying to light a fire under Dunk, re:blocking.

Kinda late but got a chance to see some of the scrimmage. I reread this thread and it seems like all the focus was on WRs & QBs.

Not sure but aren't we lining up in the pistol formation? If so, that's also a disguising wrinkle in Lester's new offense in the backfield.

Didn't anyone else notice this or are my eyes deceiving me?
haha, full circle back to 2007.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom