St John's Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

St John's Game Thread...

Blame all around on this first half. JB just needs to retire already. I think we as SU fans have tired of his non changing style.

I've never been at the dome and had it be so blah. No energy whatsoever.

Ive never missed Silent G and Cooney more then I do right now. Its shocking how bad our guards are without those two. Gillions drive and layup was the first clean one I think we have had all year. Please recruit a guard for next year I don't care who or how, I can't handle anymore Frank the turnover Howard.

This halftime radio guy who is summarizing the stats must have went to the Jim Calhoun school of broadcasting.

Blame all around on this first half. JB just needs to retire already. I think we as SU fans have tired of his non changing style.

I respectfully disagree about the style being the issue. This system works when the kids play defense and when we have reasonable guard play. These guys cannot play defense (the fifth year seniors are terrible at it) and our guard play has been the worst I've ever seen at SU. It's not on JB...it's on the players...Just my opinion...

I said that to myself 5 minutes ago haha
At one time he was the #1 ranked player in his class. Can you imagine if he would have chosen UK? He wouls have played lesd than 20 minutes in his career for them

It seems to me this team lacks something like cohesion, chemistry...looks like they aren't enjoying playing the game...really tough for me to my finger it...the talent is there...just not sure what it is exactly...

Ive never missed Silent G and Cooney more then I do right now. Its shocking how bad our guards are without those two. Gillions drive and layup was the first clean one I think we have had all year. Please recruit a guard for next year I don't care who or how, I can't handle anymore Frank the turnover Howard.
"Gillion" and Frank "the turnover" Howard.

I'm dying right now.

If we lose to St. Freakin John's for the second year in a row, this time at home...we are embarrassingly bad. Will we win an ACC game? This might be like our version of Duke's 1995 8 win season or UNC's 2002 8 win season. I have no idea how to react to this.

I respectfully disagree about the style being the issue. This system works when the kids play defense and when we have reasonable guard play. These guys cannot play defense (the fifth year seniors are terrible at it) and our guard play has been the worst I've ever seen at SU. It's not on JB...it's on the players...Just my opinion...
No...JB inability to change D is a problem. Zone D will not work if the other team is hitting three's.

Alright there is no way around it anymore, we are really bad this year, grad transfer experiment is a train wreck and should not happen again. This is going to be one of the worst seasons ever under Boeheim...no exaggeration

We were bad last year. We just masked it by making the Final 4. SJ punked our zone at MSG.

Almost seems like they aren't prepared...which I am sure is not true...or maybe not following the game plan or something...

White looks like he's never faced a tight man to man D before!

Our guards are worthless. No penetration. No D at top of zone. Worst I've seen. Defensive intensity absent. Is JB even awake. How about waking your team up. This team is Lydon and TT. Send the rest home.

Is it just me or is the crowd now filled with octogenarian's to watch this slow pace zone defense

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom