Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

Gotta be consistently competitive before the elites come.
True...I like the direction, call me cautiously optimistic! Having Robinson out of here and a class act like DM, there is hope yet!

Well it's easy to see that you have unrealistic expectations.

You need to recruit effectively against the middle of the pack BCS programs before you can ever hope to go head to head with the LSU, Alabama, Florida, USC, and Texas's of the world.

Like it or not, that list is primarily made up of what our peer group currently is. And you're not going to go from outrecruiting Akron to outrecruiting LSU overnight, unless you want to become $MU prior to the death penalty.
You are right, but how sweet it will be to pull in a big fish over a ND, or some other Big Snob school. Can't help myself seeing this happen. I think we have a decent shot this year to reel in some big guys...we would all like to see that.

You are right, but how sweet it will be to pull in a big fish over a ND, or some other Big Snob school. Can't help myself seeing this happen. I think we have a decent shot this year to reel in some big guys...we would all like to see that.

At this point, Marrone has done that in some respects with a couple of recruits. Granted Whigham didn't have the blue chip star power but he did get a Miami offer late and Marrone and co were able to hold on to him. I think expecting that type of recruiting win with most of the SU recruiting activity now though is really premature at best.

A sign that things are moving in the right direction this year is that with pretty much all of our early recruits, they each have at least one offer from another school in our current peer group - that being mid to low ACC, mid to low Big 10, mid to upper Big East type programs. That's a good sign. You look at the 2010 recruiting class - you didn't see that for the most part with recruits that verballed prior to September. Another good sign to look for is how many of these players pick up interest from the big boys down the stretch. Additionally, another good sign was landing players like Wayne Morgan and Ron Thompson last year - both were early offer, A list players for Michigan that chose to wait and therefore lost their spots. Anytime we're landing A list players, whatever the circumstances are, for the Michigan, OSU, PSU, USC, SEC type programs - great sign. If we get to a point where we're landing 6-8 A list type players from the Big Boys, again whatever the circumstances, and then having the majority of the rest of the class being offers from mid-range BCS programs - essentially big boy B listers, then this program will be in extremely good shape. I definitely have seen a lot of progress between the 2012 and then the start of the 2013 recruiting classes towards getting there.

At this point, Marrone has done that in some respects with a couple of recruits. Granted Whigham didn't have the blue chip star power but he did get a Miami offer late and Marrone and co were able to hold on to him. I think expecting that type of recruiting win with most of the SU recruiting activity now though is really premature at best.

A sign that things are moving in the right direction this year is that with pretty much all of our early recruits, they each have at least one offer from another school in our current peer group - that being mid to low ACC, mid to low Big 10, mid to upper Big East type programs. That's a good sign. You look at the 2010 recruiting class - you didn't see that for the most part with recruits that verballed prior to September. Another good sign to look for is how many of these players pick up interest from the big boys down the stretch. Additionally, another good sign was landing players like Wayne Morgan and Ron Thompson last year - both were early offer, A list players for Michigan that chose to wait and therefore lost their spots. Anytime we're landing A list players, whatever the circumstances are, for the Michigan, OSU, PSU, USC, SEC type programs - great sign. If we get to a point where we're landing 6-8 A list type players from the Big Boys, again whatever the circumstances, and then having the majority of the rest of the class being offers from mid-range BCS programs - essentially big boy B listers, then this program will be in extremely good shape. I definitely have seen a lot of progress between the 2012 and then the start of the 2013 recruiting classes towards getting there.

Great post.

Started slow, but it is looking better. I saw alot of kids, as you say, that Marrone pegged early that have moved right up the scale. Many of them were listed as NR and are now 3/4 star recruits in Rivals/Scout, so get your point. Good Read. Just frustrating to see DMs team do the work for other U's. Time he starts getting rewarded for his work. I am impressed with some of his staff, especially TW, but that is a worry too, that his staff will be hen picked as well in the coming years.

John Garcia Jr. (@JohnGarcia_Jr)
6/20/12 7:05 PM
3-star Staten Island (N.Y.) Tottenville RB Augustus Edwards trims his list to four schools with decision looming recruiting.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1196723.html

Interesting that his four schools are all ACC schools... SU, NC State, MD and UVA.

Interesting that his four schools are all ACC schools... SU, NC State, MD and UVA.
2 tough recruiters at MD and UVA.

Fwiw Cuse is the only school on both Gus' and Scezzer's list. ( a guy can hope, right?)

Maryland scares me. Locksley will do anything to land a recruit.

Fwiw Cuse is the only school on both Gus' and Scezzer's list. ( a guy can hope, right?)
Bottom line is alot of kids come out of high school thinking they are going to play with their buddies and all too often that isn't reality. here's to hoping that this will be an exception this time and the two will stick together and play on the same team, the Orange that is!

I see Maryland is installing Field Turf in Byrd Stadium.
Terp Turf

I love the last line: "After a 2-10 record in his debut season with the Terps, Edsall will need all the support he hopes this new field will bring."

Let a kid get drunk and then drive his car, for one.
Edsall must not be planning on staying for long. Leapfrog to the next job, call in your resignation the day that new charges against Locks are announced.

Per Garcia, Gus will announce his decision July 10. Sounds like there was an off/on again visit schedule to MD.

I hope he visits us July 9th. Don't like the sound of the MD trip.

Considering MD grabbed two top 30 RBs last year I just don't think MD would be a good fit but who am I to say?

Considering MD grabbed two top 30 RBs last year I just don't think MD would be a good fit but who am I to say?
you'll have Edsall selling the success of the RBs at UConn when he was there and Locksley selling whatever it is that Locksley sells :rolleyes:

you'll have Edsall selling the success of the RBs at UConn when he was there and Locksley selling whatever it is that Locksley sells :rolleyes:

His very attractive wife.

Wonder who the recruiters are for Maryland, NC State and UVA.

Team that worries me is UVA.

@SUonRivals
Augustus Edward cuts his list again. He now has three left Syracuse, Virginia, and Maryland.

@JohnGarcia_Jr
Gus Edwards is still considering North Carolina State despite another report, he says.

TOS drama!!! Shots fired!!!

Wonder who the recruiters are for Maryland, NC State and UVA.

Team that worries me is UVA.
Poindexter does a really good job for them as well so does Reid. The VA Beach area coaches love Mike (due to his Richmond days) so he can pull that area by himself for the most part. Not sure who would be Edwards main recruiter however

Thats ne
Augustus is spending the day on an unofficial visit to Rutgers. However, the good news from what I've been told, RU has a lot of ground to make up to even be considered. Augustus still loves SU but my guy thinks Gus has been surprised by some of the bigger offers he has received and may fall for the glitz and glamor of one of those schools.
ver a surprise but to be expected on any quality recruit we show interest in. I think sometimes we are the lead dog in the hunt.:bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom