Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

John Garcia just said he would answer questions to the best of his ability so I sent this:

Ben@BJNorowski
@JohnGarcia_Jr Most likely prospect from NYC for Cuse to land - Ogundeko, Edwards, or Smith

6m
John Garcia Jr.@JohnGarcia_Jr
I'll say Smith barely over Gus RT @BJNorowski: @JohnGarcia_JrMost likely prospect from NYC for Cuse to land - Ogundeko, Edwards, or Smith

3m
Zach Braziller@NYPost_Brazille
@JohnGarcia_Jr @BJNorowski I see both going there IMO

2m
John Garcia Jr.@JohnGarcia_Jr

A definite possibility, wouldn't shock me. RT @NYPost_Brazille:@BJNorowski I see both going there IMO

Only Edwards is not good enough. Ogundeko is the primeplayer out of the state for defense at least.Smith and Edwards are a step behind in that ranking ,I believe.:noidea:

Only Edwards is not good enough. Ogundeko is the primeplayer out of the state for defense at least.Smith and Edwards are a step behind in that ranking ,I believe.:noidea:
Edwards is not good enough? Why, because his 40 time is .10 seconds slower than Smith? He's a better all around back and has better offers. He would be a much more important recruit for us, considering him and Ogundeko are good friends.

I have thought for sometime that the reason that Davis backed off or we backed off was a silent from Edwards

Edwards is not good enough? Why, because his 40 time is .10 seconds slower than Smith? He's a better all around back and has better offers. He would be a much more important recruit for us, considering him and Ogundeko are good friends.

There are no doubt others here more fluent in Cali, but I understood his last post to mean "just getting Edwards of the big three is not a good enough recruiting result."

There are no doubt others here more fluent in Cali, but I understood his last post to mean "just getting Edwards of the big three is not a good enough recruiting result."

That's exactly what he meant.

I guess I'm dating myself by saying this, but I understand Cali a lot better than some of the twitter messages that are posted.

Oh, stewardess ... I speak Cali.

ispeakjive-500x312.jpg

@JohnGarcia_Jr
3-star Staten Island (N.Y.) Tottenville RB Augustus Edwards picks up major ACC offer, but does it affect his top four?

The link goes to Canes Time. Guessing it's Miami.

Sounds about right ... Golden does this to a lot of our targets ... waits until late in the game and throws them an offer, did it to like 5 of our targets last year

@JohnGarcia_Jr
3-star Staten Island (N.Y.) Tottenville RB Augustus Edwards picks up major ACC offer, but does it affect his top four?

The link goes to Canes Time. Guessing it's Miami.

Yes, Miami and he may visit there this weekend, per garcia

I thought Gus was going to visit us this coming weekend?

Just spoke with Gus. The offer itself changes nothing as of now, but he will be visiting Friday. I'll be in touch with him Friday or Saturday morning to see if the visit changed anything.

I wonder how much interest Miami had been showing him previously. Some schools think they can wow a kid into a commitment. I would think most kids can see that they are being played as a Plan B recruit and they would rather go with the school that has been with them for much longer and made them a priority. Unless it is Syracuse that is coming in late, then they should be wowed and commit immediately.

The fact he is visiting changes things

Hopefully the city has settled down from the Heat celebrations

I had a dream last night that Edwards ran out of a tunnel onto a football field. He was then brought on camera with an announcer to be asked about his recruitment. He told the announcer "I'm going to shock the world and commit to Syracuse." It was a pretty good dream!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom