Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

I’m curious what you think are bigger offers?

Scowt/Rovals both say he’s been offered by:

BC
Uconn
Indiana
NC State
Pitt
Purdue
Rutgers
Temple
UCF
Vandy
Virginia
Maryland

Not much glitz and glamor in there. Syracuse should be able to hold their own with that bunch unless obviously a PSU, OSU, Mich, ND, SEC type offer comes around.
more glitz and glamor than su is virginia,maryland, beautiful campus ---great academics.academically superior virginia,maryland vandy,bc(also nice campus)pitt

more glitz and glamor than su is virginia,maryland, beautiful campus ---great academics.academically superior virginia,maryland vandy,bc(also nice campus)pitt

ah no.

It's a final four. The reports earlier that NC State was eliminated were not accurate.

The NY Post blogger says it's a final 3 (and I happen to put more stock in his reporting) and honestly, if he is not visiting NC State then they are a non-factor.

What are you talking about? did you just include maryland and beautiful campus in the same sentence? and Maryland, BC and Pitt are not academically superior - holy cow

The NY Post blogger says it's a final 3 (and I happen to put more stock in his reporting) and honestly, if he is not visiting NC State then they are a non-factor.
I spoke with Gus directly who said NC State is still in, is still in his top 4, and is absolutely being considered an option. I personally trust hearing that directly from the kid over other sources.

Yeah, right from the kid's mouth is hard to discredit.

I went to MD for grad school- the campus is really not all that and the surrounding area is down right scary.

I spoke with Gus directly who said NC State is still in, is still in his top 4, and is absolutely being considered an option. I personally trust hearing that directly from the kid over other sources.

Think Dejaun Rogers saying Syracuse was in the running.

Think Dejaun Rogers saying Syracuse was in the running.
I understand your point. But Syracuse was still a legit option for Rogers. He decided at the end he didn't want them because he hasn't visited. But that was at the very end. Edwards may think differently. If he had eliminated them at this point, I see no reason why he wouldn't say so.

I understand your point. But Syracuse was still a legit option for Rogers. He decided at the end he didn't want them because he hasn't visited. But that was at the very end. Edwards may think differently. If he had eliminated them at this point, I see no reason why he wouldn't say so.
BO44 - Don't take these guys seriously... keep doing what you're doing. Your credibility is better than a source's source.. I'll take your first hand account and run with it anyday!

Everyone else.. you're kind of ridiculous pointing fingers at BO44, who has spoken directly to Gus, claiming he's wrong because you read a story of a guy quoting his sources...

BO44 - Don't take these guys seriously... keep doing what you're doing. Your credibility is better than a source's source.. I'll take your first hand account and run with it anyday!

Everyone else.. you're kind of ridiculous pointing fingers at BO44, who has spoken directly to Gus, claiming he's wrong because you read a story of a guy quoting his sources...
I didn't take it as him pointing fingers. I just took as him pointing out what someone else said. And the NY Post guys are generally pretty good with their recruiting information. I was just poining out what Gus told me personally. And I rechecked with him after the report came out that NC State had been cut.

everyone else is pointing fingers at BleedsOrange and claiming he's wrong?

everyone else is pointing fingers at BleedsOrange and claiming he's wrong?
No, no, no. There was a report by a guy from the NY Post who said Edwards cut NC State off his list and is down to a final 3. I spoke with Edwards after I read that to verify, and he said that wasn't true. That's all. PhatOrange and I were simply discussing that situation. No finger pointing from him I don't believe. I didn't take it that way. Just a discussion.

No finger pointing, not even a little bit.

Garcia reported the same thing as BO44.

IMO, I don't believe NCState is in the discussion. He's not going to pick a school over other schools he's visited. I get it that kids pick schools they've never visited all the time (see Zach Allen who picked us although not having visited yet), but the big difference is that it's rare a kid will pick a school he never visited among several finalists of schools he did visit.

What are you talking about? did you just include maryland and beautiful campus in the same sentence? and Maryland, BC and Pitt are not academically superior - holy cow
holy cow is right!!!check us news for your continuing education

holy cow is right!!!check us news for your continuing education
If you're going to make an education comparison please don't use US News. Its system is pretty dated and individual program rankings are much more relevant. I don't care if Syracuse is ranked 100 if the Sport Management program is #1 in the country (which it pretty much is).

If you're going to make an education comparison please don't use US News. Its system is pretty dated and individual program rankings are much more relevant. I don't care if Syracuse is ranked 100 if the Sport Management program is #1 in the country (which it pretty much is).
individual program rankings have always been a better measure, but not the one most use. my daughter when she applying for law school and wanted enviromental law. vermont law school was rated the best program for it. a former professor of mine and u.of chicago law grad said "get into the best law school you can and then take it from there". let see vermont or nyu or cornell or vanderbuilt etc etc i believe back in the day it was gourman report that ranked individual departments not the school per se

Good sign on an article from TOS. Sounds like he's made his mind up and just wants to do some due diligence with his last 2 visits down south.

Good sign on an article from TOS. Sounds like he's made his mind up and just wants to do some due diligence with his last 2 visits down south.

is he going to hit Syracuse again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom