Steve Fisher retires | Syracusefan.com

Steve Fisher retires

Didn't they fall victim to Dunk City that one year?

Didn't they fall victim to Dunk City that one year?

correct. They were the 7 seed that year. We beat them on the Navy ship the 1st game of the season.

The "Active Coaches With a Title" club is back to ten.

Wright
Williams
Ollie
Pitino
Calipari
K
Izzo
Self
Boeheim
Smith
Pitino has two titles though. One at Kentucky in 1996 (boo) and one at Louisville in 2013!

How does the HOF view vacated wins? The NCAA says the Fab Five never happened.

That's a good question about the vacated wins. If they aren't considered, I wouldn't say Fisher gets in. Even if they are, I think I'd still put him in the Hall of Very Good but not quite there. He has done a fantastic job turning around SDSU though.

That's a good question about the vacated wins. If they aren't considered, I wouldn't say Fisher gets in. Even if they are, I think I'd still put him in the Hall of Very Good but not quite there. He has done a fantastic job turning around SDSU though.

I tend to agree especially since the 1989 title is arguably more Bill Frieder than him.

The Basketball HOF lets in anyone. He should be in.

The "Active Coaches With a Title" club is back to ten.

Wright
Williams
Ollie
Pitino
Calipari
K
Izzo
Self
Boeheim
Smith

He's coaching in the NBA, but I'd say Billy Donovan should be considered active. And he's only like 50 years old.

He's coaching in the NBA, but I'd say Billy Donovan should be considered active. And he's only like 50 years old.

And he'll probably return to the college ranks one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom