Class of 2014 - Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Steve Ishmael, WR (N. Miami Beach)

468_1315879949A.jpg

I like what you did there :rolling:

Look you just don't refer to the program you're writing for a second tier. That's unacceptable especially when he refers to two teams SU crushed last year as 1st tier.

As for recent history being most important. If that's the case then SU is much better than both of those programs. It is unacceptable reporting. If you look at the entire history of college football SU is very far from second tier. SU is an deniable it's tier program and that is fact.

Big picture question/statement: Cohen needs Scott Shafer and SU, and needs to build a relationship. While I get the fact that everything Cohen writes isn't going to be written with Orange-colored glasses, I just don't for the life of me understand why he continues to pile on and use negative tones when it is completely unnecessary.

Why must he interject in the article that Syracuse is "second tier"? Also, what authority does he have to write that? Newsflash: Tennessee lost to Missouri at home last year. Syracuse went on the road and beat that same team. Yet Tennessee is a "top tier" program and SU is not, of course. Not to mention the whooping the Orange put on WVU and Louisville.

One season does not make you "top tier". I will agree with that. But under zero circumstances does he have any right to call any team "first tier" or "second tier". He's not a football analyst who is seen as an expert - he's a football beat writer. And a hack of one at that.

I never had problems w Cohen until he listed the second tier bs. Now I could punch him in the face. If he was mentioning Bama osu Florida as tier one, that would be one thing. But wvu and L'ville? What an ASS. I do like mink.

Been trying to keep an open mind, but I'm beginning to feel that Cohen might just be something of a dick on a personal level and the quality comes across in his writing.

Been trying to keep an open mind, but I'm beginning to feel that Cohen might just be something of a dick on a personal level and the quality comes across in his writing.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

I'm not a fan of Cohen but damn all of you jump on him constantly. He wrote that a very promising recruit likes Syracuse and the team has a good chance of landing him. Instead of talking about that I read the replies and it's bashing Cohen. Ishmael implied SU was 2nd tier in his interview and Cohen framed it that way. Big deal. If the SU program is so storied why is this board so damn insecure.

he starts off an otherwise ok article by pissing people off. i was so steamed after the first paragraph i couldn't even enjoy the rest of the article. the kid is a joke, and needs to find a new career. ya i said it

I thought that i was the worst writer ever and then i read Cohen. Poor lad he just doesnt have it.

Is SU a favorite here?

Cn we get back on topic

well based on the comments in the article that Ishmael made, we are certainly in serious consideration, if we aren't the leader, we are pretty close to it.

For the record, this thread should be about Ishmael, if you guys wanna moan/complain about Cohen (or other beat writers, or just beat writers in general) I would suggest you start a thread instead of clogging up a thread about a pretty damn important recruit with complaints about one line in this article.

It's going to be fun watching KJ, Coop, and Ishmael together for 4 years

With George Morris/Devante McFarland in the backfield for three, Ashton Broyld and Terrel Hunt for two and add in the TE prospects. If we can solidify the OL, and Sir George McDonald isn't a complete flop as a play caller, we could be moving towards "The Greatest Show on Turf"-type of an offense.

With George Morris/Devante McFarland in the backfield for three, Ashton Broyld and Terrel Hunt for two and add in the TE prospects. If we can solidify the OL, and Sir George McDonald isn't a complete flop as a play caller, we could be moving towards "The Greatest Show on Turf"-type of an offense.

the potential is definitely there. i mean we are just 5 years out from the depths of hell, i think we have rebounded quite nicely if we can finish off the class with these 3 WR's

As I keep saying all schools go through bad era's, unfortunately keeping Paul too long, and hiring Grob, hurt us badly. It still doesn't change the fact that from 1991-2003, when Miami was winning 2 national championships, finishing 2nd 2 times and a third 3 teams won over 100 games and had 7 or more top 25, and WEST VIRGINIA was not one of them. Miami -128 -29 -0, Virginia Tech -108 -48- 1, Syracuse - 101 - 53 - 1, West Virginia - 88 - 64 - 2.

As I keep saying all schools go through bad era's, unfortunately keeping Paul too long, and hiring Grob, hurt us badly. It still doesn't change the fact that from 1991-2003, when Miami was winning 2 national championships, finishing 2nd 2 times and a third 3 teams won over 100 games and had 7 or more top 25, and WEST VIRGINIA was not one of them. Miami -128 -29 -0, Virginia Tech -108 -48- 1, Syracuse - 101 - 53 - 1, West Virginia - 88 - 64 - 2.

it's a great point I always go back to.

Can anyone guess which school this is with these win totals in the decade 2000-2010

Yep, those are Bama's win total, and those totals were all from 2000-2007, just a little before we started struggling.

Or how about LSU in the 90's before Les Miles got there

Like you said all programs have some down time, in our case it was just 4 horrendous years thanks to 1 clown

I thought that i was the worst writer ever and then i read Cohen. Poor lad he just doesnt have it.
Well sheeeet I didn't realize you were the very verbose Pud Boliquin.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Cohen is a UConn fan

(this is fact)

You're obviously greatly respected on this forum but could you expand on that (more so because my journalism intuition is kicking in)

I don't know why y'all are surprised about what an arrogant little jerk Cohen is as his writing style has not changed from when he wrote for the DO. I hope that they bar him from Drum as I dread what piece of dung he will write about that experience.

I don't know why y'all are surprised about what an arrogant little jerk Cohen is as his writing style has not changed from when he wrote for the DO. I hope that they bar him from Drum as I dread what piece of dung he will write about that experience.

double like

it's a great point I always go back to.

Can anyone guess which school this is with these win totals in the decade 2000-2010

Yep, those are Bama's win total, and those totals were all from 2000-2007, just a little before we started struggling.

Or how about LSU in the 90's before Les Miles got there

Like you said all programs have some down time, in our case it was just 4 horrendous years thanks to 1 clown
And to think Texas, who has struggled of late also since winning a NC, hired that very clown to right the ship! Go figure.

You're obviously greatly respected on this forum but could you expand on that (more so because my journalism intuition is kicking in)

Not much to expand on, he's a big UConn fan.