STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

STH Seat Bump - Expanding Student Section/Overflow

some simple value adds could be done.. if people are moving around now is the time to remove a few seats and make them wider in those rows. throw in the chair seats/cushions.. provide food service or special food booths that only they can use. provide perks and many will less angry about the costs going up. a special tailgate tent etc.

some simple value adds could be done.. if people are moving around now is the time to remove a few seats and make them wider in those rows. throw in the chair seats/cushions.. provide food service or special food booths that only they can use. provide perks and many will less angry about the costs going up. a special tailgate tent etc.

If they built clubs behind each A level, it would add a lot. Club 44 is an inconvenient location. If they had a club each behind 101, 119, 301, 319 you have value added. Rope off the concourse between 302-336 and 318-320, with an attendant checking to allow access. Then redo the whole area. Get rid of the concession stands and current bathrooms. Add carpeting, lounge chairs, bar height tables, etc. Larger TVs and speakers so you don't miss anything when getting food or drink. Have higher end food available for purchase. A full bar. Clean bathrooms with attendants to make sure it stays that way. People would be lining up to be preferred and you could charge even more.

If they built clubs behind each A level, it would add a lot. Club 44 is an inconvenient location. If they had a club each behind 101, 119, 301, 319 you have value added. Rope off the concourse between 302-336 and 318-320, with an attendant checking to allow access. Then redo the whole area. Get rid of the concession stands and current bathrooms. Add carpeting, lounge chairs, bar height tables, etc. Larger TVs and speakers so you don't miss anything when getting food or drink. Have higher end food available for purchase. A full bar. Clean bathrooms with attendants to make sure it stays that way. People would be lining up to be preferred and you could charge even more.
yup.. and thats how a bunch of schools do it.. The preferred section for Miami was pretty sweet when we played down there.

yup.. and thats how a bunch of schools do it.. The preferred section for Miami was pretty sweet when we played down there.
If they blowout some exterior walls this could happen. I expect we are at least 5 years away.

If they blowout some exterior walls this could happen. I expect we are at least 5 years away.
you could get creative.. say you took the top 5-10 rows of the lower deck if enough people leave seats and created some special covered area. we know all those seats wont be used so lose a few even if its in a corner

say you took part of 126/127/128/129 that last 10+ rows and built something. the people in the 200 suites would still be able to see over it.

those are not bball seats anyway the 200 could still see the field, i suspect you could make a decent area that had access from behind or the side that would be special.. you could do the same in 119-120 or so..

depends on how many lower seats go empty..

Okay so I realized they just updated the parking map. It looks like it is going to be a true priority draft.

Everything is color coded one color. Possibly they'll update it,

Some new lots added.

Attachments

• PARKING_MAP_2022.pdf
    305 KB · Views: 148
Love the “make the seats wider” idea. Get risk of 4 seats per row.

Okay so I realized they just updated the parking map. It looks like it is going to be a true priority draft.

Everything is color coded one color. Possibly they'll update it,

Some new lots added.
I noticed my lot is not on that map now?

What are folks feelings about the 200's two tiered pricing? I'm assuming it is $225 in the first 5-6 rows then $175 as you move under the overhang.

We have 10 seats split between rows D and E that were $125 now $225. For us not worth an extra $100 a ticket since half of those tickets usually go to kids. We are going to be relocating to somewhere in the 3rd deck probably.

We have 10 seats split between rows D and E that were $125 now $225. For us not worth an extra $100 a ticket since half of those tickets usually go to kids. We are going to be relocating to somewhere in the 3rd deck probably.
With kids, I suggest you call your ticket rep ASAP. I'd want aisle seats and close to the exit. You have to climb/descend an extra set of stairs.

olympia
Ohh Mt Olympus...that was a lot for only 2-3 years. Interesting

With you heading south after the games, I wonder if one of the Women's Bldg lots or Stadium West Area might be a suitable replacement?

With kids, I suggest you call your ticket rep ASAP. I'd want aisle seats and close to the exit. You have to climb/descend an extra set of stairs.
Our section 332 looks good as it’s right in between gates H and F and is the family section. Worth seeing if there’s aisle seats available. Quick entry and exit.

I did it for one year. It probably helped to keep off the freshmen fifteen pounds. I think there was 107 steps.
Not sure what the rise on each step is in inches...but that sounds like the equivalent of getting a 7 or 8 story walkup apartment in NYC

UPDATE: I saw another chart that has MTO listed in Section C. Maybe they will still offer parking there...should know more by April.

Last edited:
Our section 332 looks good as it’s right in between gates H and F and is the family section. Worth seeing if there’s aisle seats available. Quick entry and exit.

Very very minimal aisle seats available…

Which is another reason I don’t want to flip my seats up there.

Would hate to lose the aisle seats that I’ve become uses to. Especially with my long legs

Any of the corners or around to 10 yard line would work outside of the student area.

Very very minimal aisle seats available…

Which is another reason I don’t want to flip my seats up there.

Would hate to lose the aisle seats that I’ve become uses to. Especially with my long legs
Definitely understandable, we were able to get aisles in row J last week so hopefully there are still some left. Worth asking at least.

This is is what I did this year. With 2 kids we opted to move down from the 300's to the 200's. Paying a little bit more per ticket but that is okay as I was able to get aisle seats right next to the exit & gate.

Ohh Mt Olympus...that was a lot for only 2-3 years. Interesting

With you heading south after the games, I wonder if one of the Women's Bldg lots or Stadium West Area might be a suitable replacement?
Interesting that they removed it without telling people.. there were close to 100 STH parked up there.

Interesting that they removed it without telling people.. there were close to 100 STH parked up there.
They added some new lots though...probably to make up the difference. You'll want to study the map and see what gives you the best balance between distance and ease of leaving after games.

I'll share a few tidbits I have learned about the seating and parking this year:

all this was passed on by ticket reps or what I found on the websites

1. Those $99 tickets in the upper end zones are only available to those with zip codes starting with: 12, 13, 14. They blocked off those cheap seats and you need to call your ticket rep to buy. If you are a long time STH'er you might be able to get approval to buy even if you live outside those zip codes.

2. IMHO, they are holding back some $125 seats in the upper sideline areas. Once again call your ticket rep to see what is available at $125 in a certain section.

3. SU reset your annual donation dues from a July 1st start to Jan 1st start. Many of us have seen our priority ranking dropped. I think this is temporary.

4. Don't yell at your ticket rep, they have nothing to do with the price increase of some seats.

5. My subjective opinion: a sideline $125 seat is worth the extra $26 over the upper endzone seats.

6. Row F in the 200's is probably a great value at $175.

7. Parking Lots: Some availability to purchase right now. These are the non priority areas. Log into MyCuse account, click on buy tickets, click on "Select" 2022 Football Season Parking Passes. Priority area parking (like Stadium West) will be available to purchase mid/late spring.

A. Skytop is available (awesome tailgating, easy to add friends to your tailgate here as they can pay cash to park for a single game, inside bathrooms available) $100
B. Manley North best value IMHO, close enough to walk on nice weather days but shuttle available too. Indoor bathrooms should be available. Pretty easy access to I-81 $100
C. Harrison on the hill so you walk up and through the quad to get to the Dome. Really easy access to I-81 north after the game. $150
D. Premium lots like around The Quad and Stadium West will require some sort of donation minimum or priority point ranking. Each seat you buy (even the $99 seats) has a built in donation. So if you like your premium parking locations maybe that $300+ seat has a benefit.
E. I heard parking prices should be the same this year.

Attachments

• PARKING_MAP_2022.pdf
    305 KB · Views: 82
Last edited: