Still no news on Southerland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Still no news on Southerland

To get an answer from the NCAA. Anything is better than this. Too much red tape.

There was a violation of NCAA rules, but from last season The question is if suspension for the season is to severe. Have to just wait on the NCAA for the answer. No definite time table that I am aware of for the answer.
Thank you or the info.

I can give an update right now. He is ineligible.

I don't think we'll hear anything until that changes or is made permanent.

Don't know what people want to heat.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Ppl want an answer. It doesnt take this long to figure out if a tutor wrote a paragraph of an essay and then if he's guilty impose the proper punishment. I mean, whats the delay? Either he's guilty or he's not. This isnt a capital murder case. I dont know how many guys the NCAA has on the case but you'd think one guy could interview the what... 2 whole people involved and crack the case to form some sort of conclusion.

To get an answer from the NCAA. Anything is better than this. Too much red tape.

How do you know we didn't get an answer yet? Maybe it was no and we are preparing an appeal.

Why do people think they should be given a day to day update by SU or the NCAA?

I don't think it's a question of getting updates. I think the question is what the hell is taking so long? It's not like it's a homicide investigation. Sh@t or get off the pot!

How do you know we didn't get an answer yet? Maybe it was no and we are preparing an appeal.

Now that's info! Thanks Bees. Sorry really not trying to bust your chops but it makes a little more sense now. At least we aren't waiting around for SU's own policies and decision making, and that it's on the NCAA. I'm sure they're in no rush, ie Kabongo, Bazz, and I'm sure a whole slew of others.

stack-of-papers.jpeg

we would know because you are so keyed in you would have let us know. The kid has missed 4 games in his last season. And from what I understand, the NCAA hasn't acted yet. That isn't fair to southerland if this is a bogus claim.

Well clearly Cali has been out of the loop because his internet company was ZTime Warner. That's like driving a Fird or a Boyota, or expecting your Simsong DVD player to give you a decent picture when you watch movies like The Dirk Night or that new classic set in Boston, The ZTawn.

so why cant that be made public? thats a little more info than "hes ineligible"

so...wasn't the last update we had here early last week when Jake said it was his understanding that there had been some kind of development to give reason for optimism?

so why cant that be made public? thats a little more info than "hes ineligible"
I have found when the NCAA is dealing with things it means what it means.

Now that's info! Thanks Bees. Sorry really not trying to bust your chops but it makes a little more sense now. At least we aren't waiting around for SU's own policies and decision making, and that it's on the NCAA. I'm sure they're in no rush, ie Kabongo, Bazz, and I'm sure a whole slew of others.

stack-of-papers.jpeg

I didn't give you info. U gave you a what if.

we would know because you are so keyed in you would have let us know. The kid has missed 4 games in his last season. And from what I understand, the NCAA hasn't acted yet. That isn't fair to southerland if this is a bogus claim.

What would make it bogus? SU could play him tomorrow if they thought it was bogus. We declared him ineligible.

Due diligence is being performed. Until there is movement, there's nothing to report. Nothing has changed. He's not eligible, I would not expect him to make the trip for Sat.

What would make it bogus? SU could play him tomorrow if they thought it was bogus. We declared him ineligible.

Easy stuff. If he did write the paper, the charge is bogus. If he didn't, it isn't. I have no way of knowing either way. However, if given the chance to do the review, I am pretty sure it wouldn't take me three weeks to make a decision. One way or the other.

Easy stuff. If he did write the paper, the charge is bogus. If he didn't, it isn't. I have no way of knowing either way. However, if given the chance to do the review, I am pretty sure it wouldn't take me three weeks to make a decision. One way or the other.
It's not that simple.

Due diligence is being performed. Until there is movement, there's nothing to report. Nothing has changed. He's not eligible, I would not expect him to make the trip for Sat.

I'll be patiently awaiting your information about the eligibility when you get it. Hopefully it will be good news but until then, per usual, I won't speculate. Can't control it. Information will come out in due time.

I have found when the NCAA is dealing with things it means what it means.
Which means what?
:eek:
If a player is ruled ineligible in the woods and no one's there to see it, will JSouth ever come back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom