Still no news on Southerland | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Still no news on Southerland

Suppose this was a deli, and everybody had a to "take a number". Suppose the deli has 5 people working full time, they all work on the same order at once, and their policy is that they don't serve another customer until the first one is complete.

So, with the NCAA and all its constituents, how many people are currently in line? Where is Southerland in this line? 50th? 5th? Can't tell b/c the machine that spits out the numbers is broken again?

I never said they should release his academic records, I just said I don't care about the privacy of his academic records. His or any other high-level D-1 basketball or football player.

Call it a "conspiracy" with your cute little lulz pictures, but I believe the NCAA stretches this stuff out for show. This isn't on the level of the JFK assassination, this is simply shady business. Southerland is a student athlete in the wrong place and wrong time. Ten years from now he would be getting paid already.

Lets boil this down to basics if it is so easy. Sometimes the ball is in the NCAA's court. Sometimes it is in the schools court. Sometimes it is in eithers court multiple times. Sometimes if it is academic related, it is in a prof's court and even other times it is in the players court. Then if there are appeals, it all gets redone.

How do you know for these 3 weeks that the ball has only been in the NCAA's court? Based on what we do know, I can't say it has been. But it seems like you can. As Jake and others have said, it's not as easy as some want to make it. The process sucks but there is a process to these things and it takes time.

Lets boil this down to basics if it is so easy. Sometimes the ball is in the NCAA's court. Sometimes it is in the schools court. Sometimes it is in eithers court multiple times. Sometimes if it is academic related, it is in a prof's court and even other times it is in the players court. Then if there are appeals, it all gets redone.

How do you know for these 3 weeks that the ball has only been in the NCAA's court? Based on what we do know, I can't say it has been. But it seems like you can. As Jake and others have said, it's not as easy as some want to make it. The process sucks but there is a process to these things and it takes time.

Just because it is more complicated than what I say, does not make it anymore legitimate. The players were brought in and put on scholarship to play basketball. Academics is a sideshow to put on a front so the players don't have to get paid.

What you and Jake know seems to just be a more complex variation of what I wrote in my previous posts. If that is the case, it does not make me like or respect the process or the parties involved any more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom