SU flying to UVA on gameday? | Syracusefan.com

SU flying to UVA on gameday?

2-3zone

2nd String
I don't see any chance SU can fly to UVA tomorrow (25" of snow is way more then they can handle)

I remember Louisville flew on gameday to Syracuse back when they were both in the BE

I don't see any chance SU can fly to UVA tomorrow (25" of snow is way more then they can handle)

I remember Louisville flew on gameday to Syracuse back when they were both in the BE
i just don't get why everyone needs to play amateur meteorologist on this stuff. the powers that be hath decreed that sunday at 7 pm is an adequate game time. turn on the tv and watch the game. qui gives a what time the team flies in? who the F cares? why do you have an opinion as to how much snow "they can handle". you "don't see any chance" they can fly in. wow thanks. I could have got that opinion from some homeless dude in line at wegmans. so are you able to measurable quantify the amount of snow that "they can handle". the game will get played, and we will all watch it and that's it.

IF that happens, hopefully we'll play as well as all of those other teams that have flown into syracuse on the same day and somehow never seem to be thrown off kilter.

Would love to knock off UVa.

What makes you think they are not already there? Charter could have easily got them there before the storm hit.

I thought they left Thursday? Can't recall where or when I read that or if it was a fact.

i just don't get why everyone needs to play amateur meteorologist on this stuff. the powers that be hath decreed that sunday at 7 pm is an adequate game time. turn on the tv and watch the game. qui gives a . . . . what time the team flies in? who the F cares? why do you have an opinion as to how much snow "they can handle". you "don't see any chance" they can fly in. wow thanks. I could have got that opinion from some homeless dude in line at wegmans. so are you able to measurable quantify the amount of snow that "they can handle". the game will get played, and we will all watch it and that's it.
th

I think Matt park said on axes show on Thursday that protocol was to arrive right before dinner the day before game day, regardless of tip off time.

In this case he was pretty sure they would be going at 1pm Friday to beat the weather, as opposed to the planned 4 pm.

He was still in town Thursday eve to do the jb show.

Coach and some of the players watched his sons' basketball game tonight. I think it was reported that they took off for Virginia after the game but I'm not sure of it.

orangehomer said:
i just don't get why everyone needs to play amateur meteorologist on this stuff. the powers that be hath decreed that sunday at 7 pm is an adequate game time. turn on the tv and watch the game. qui gives a what time the team flies in? who the F cares? why do you have an opinion as to how much snow "they can handle". you "don't see any chance" they can fly in. wow thanks. I could have got that opinion from some homeless dude in line at wegmans. so are you able to measurable quantify the amount of snow that "they can handle". the game will get played, and we will all watch it and that's it.

It's called idle chatter. Why do you care and get so offended by what others choose to talk about?

i just don't get why everyone needs to play amateur meteorologist on this stuff. the powers that be hath decreed that sunday at 7 pm is an adequate game time. turn on the tv and watch the game. qui gives a . . . . what time the team flies in? who the F cares? why do you have an opinion as to how much snow "they can handle". you "don't see any chance" they can fly in. wow thanks. I could have got that opinion from some homeless dude in line at wegmans. so are you able to measurable quantify the amount of snow that "they can handle". the game will get played, and we will all watch it and that's it.
WTFBUT_2.jpg

upload_2016-1-23_0-40-51.jpeg

TRAVEL ADVISORY – NO FLIGHTS IN OR OUT OF CHO AIRPORT UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING – UPDATED: 1/23/2016 8:30 a.m.

A significant winter storm is currently impacting central Virginia and will continue through Saturday afternoon. As a result, there will be no flights in or out of CHO Airport until Sunday morning. The airlines are encouraging passengers to take advantage of travel waivers being offered as a result of the storm. Contact information for the airlines can be found below. A combination of snow and wind will make travel conditions treacherous, if not impossible, through Saturday afternoon. CHO Airport’s snow removal team continues to work around the clock, so airport operations can resume once the weather begins to improve.

Check back for updates as the storm continues to unfold and we receive new information from the airlines. We will also be providing updates on our social media channels. On Facebook, you can follow us at www.facebook.com/CHOAirport or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CHOAirport.

TRAVEL ADVISORY – NO FLIGHTS IN OR OUT OF CHO AIRPORT UNTIL SUNDAY MORNING – UPDATED: 1/23/2016 8:30 a.m.

A significant winter storm is currently impacting central Virginia and will continue through Saturday afternoon. As a result, there will be no flights in or out of CHO Airport until Sunday morning. The airlines are encouraging passengers to take advantage of travel waivers being offered as a result of the storm. Contact information for the airlines can be found below. A combination of snow and wind will make travel conditions treacherous, if not impossible, through Saturday afternoon. CHO Airport’s snow removal team continues to work around the clock, so airport operations can resume once the weather begins to improve.

Check back for updates as the storm continues to unfold and we receive new information from the airlines. We will also be providing updates on our social media channels. On Facebook, you can follow us at www.facebook.com/CHOAirport or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CHOAirport.
Who could have predicted?

This was an easy call. Not sure why they thought they could fly there today.
Mind boggling.

When I got the alert of the change, I figured the team would have an extra day of Xbox in the hotel.

Maybe it's not in the budget?

If its not, the ACC should open up the purse and pay for it since it was their call.

Dumb Fn suthners...

is it much different than taking a bus some place? its not a long flight on your own plane.

is it much different than taking a bus some place? its not a long flight on your own plane.
Forecast for tomorrow in Charlottesville is for sunny and clear, should not be a problem to fly tomorrow assuming they can clear the runways.

The airport official said the Syracuse team was now expected to fly into Richmond, which is located about 71 miles from Charlottesville. A drive from Richmond to Charlottesville takes just under an hour and a half in good conditions.

However, Syracuse could run into more problems.

The Richmond airport has closed until 8 p.m. on Saturday, according to the Charlottesville airport official.

Syracuse could fly into Richmond on Saturday night or the team might have to wait until Sunday morning

Mind boggling.

When I got the alert of the change, I figured the team would have an extra day of Xbox in the hotel.

Maybe it's not in the budget?

If its not, the ACC should open up the purse and pay for it since it was their call.

Dumb Fn suthners...

Should have gone yesterday morning. That's the only way. They likely saw that the storm was coming to an end mid-afternoon, early evening today and figured they would be able to just fly in tonight. They didn't realize the airport and surrounding areas just aren't equipped to be that efficient with snow removal - something they rarely see.

This is encouraging from the Charlottesville newspaper (especially considering NYC is getting hit about 3 times worse than original forecast):

Morning update: About 10 inches on ground in Charlottesville. Snow will continue until around 7 p.m. tonight. At one point, there were predictions of 24-30 inches, but we shouldn't hit those totals -- likely more in the 16-18 range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom