SU sees sharp uptick in NIL contributions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

SU sees sharp uptick in NIL contributions

Some of that will work itself out naturally.

Guys leave after the season all the time, for any number of reasons.

And surely Fran and staff will likely have "the talk" with some more current recruits from Dino,
as well as some current players.

We will have the space to sign the guys Fran wants.
Right. I believe some of the borderline guys can get the talk, drop themselves from the roster, but maintain the scholly. Not a bad deal.

I assume this is all tax deductible

Orange United is for profit. The Athletes who Care collective has obtained their 501(c)(3) charitable status through the IRS. The 315 foundation is likely to join forces with Athletes who Care but also got their charitable designation.

just did the painful process of looking to see how many members OUnited has... now over 600... if the average donation was 25 a month..thats 15K a month... not bad at all when you consider its only one of a handfull of ways NIL gets funded... feel good we are on track..if we get some positive results on the field... look out

just did the painful process of looking to see how many members OUnited has... now over 600... if the average donation was 25 a month..thats 15K a month... not bad at all when you consider its only one of a handfull of ways NIL gets funded... feel good we are on track..if we get some positive results on the field... look out

And that’s not including big one time donations by certain people…..

Orange United is for profit. The Athletes who Care collective has obtained their 501(c)(3) charitable status through the IRS. The 315 foundation is likely to join forces with Athletes who Care but also got their charitable designation.
That’s actually a benefit for me so I don’t have to defend to my wife, during tax season (she’s a CPA), why we have a $500-$1000 deduction from an NIL association.

I’d rather forgo the annoying conversation vs collect $200-$300 in tax savings haha

I assume this is all tax deductible
It’s not, but they definitely use language to imply that’s is a donation and I assume intentionally do not include any reference about tax implications

It’s run by SANIL. I have no idea what their arrangement with University, but would assume something like 30% goes to them, which helps offset their member benefit fulfillment obligations.

Would also assume big bucks have direct deals outside of a platform designed for volume

Does anyone know how these collectives are managing their funds?

Are the collectives collecting funds and distributing said funds as they come in or are funds being placed in an endowment where the principle can build each month with distributions only being made from the interest income earned?

Are the collectives collecting funds and distributing said funds as they come in or are funds being placed in an endowment where the principle can build each month with distributions only being made from the interest income earned?

I asked that a while ago and was curious. Also, who allocates the money and is there a management fee/% and how much?

It’s not, but they definitely use language to imply that’s is a donation and I assume intentionally do not include any reference about tax implications

It’s run by SANIL. I have no idea what their arrangement with University, but would assume something like 30% goes to them, which helps offset their member benefit fulfillment obligations.

Would also assume big bucks have direct deals outside of a platform designed for volume

It’s 15% until they hit a certain number and then it drops to 10%

Orange United definitely needs to capitalize on the buzz around the program while they can. The time is now to get people to donate. Hopefully this article helps to get the word out, because if we truly want to compete, we definitely need more than what’s listed in the article.
Totally agree. I actually caught up by phone with the Orange United GM (Mark Hayes) this morning, and he says there's a lot of activity in the wake of Brown, etc., coming on board. I definitely think the collective will continue to see membership content subscriptions go up; the real key will be forging partnerships with the business community and other stakeholders to bring in larger chunks of money as well. The collective wants to raise $6M-$10M a year.

Probably not. Remember NIL is compensating the player for something. It's not charity.
I was kind of asking tongue in cheek (without the correct font). Hard to believe some actually are tax ded…that’s ridiculous

Totally agree. I actually caught up by phone with the Orange United GM (Mark Hayes) this morning, and he says there's a lot of activity in the wake of Brown, etc., coming on board. I definitely think the collective will continue to see membership content subscriptions go up; the real key will be forging partnerships with the business community and other stakeholders to bring in larger chunks of money as well. The collective wants to raise $6M-$10M a year.
It'd be nice to have a percentage earning... Hopefully, some big time donors put forth for that effort.

It may well become another boost to the NIL if the University figures out and clearly communicates the dome seating drama sooner than later.

People don’t even know which players get how much money etc. Transparency is a concern.

People don’t even know which players get how much money etc. Transparency is a concern.
Not sure how much Orange United or other collectives nationwide are disclosing specific dollar amounts that players receive. I could be wrong. I'll certainly ask Orange United's GM about it, but he's declined to provide those kinds of specifics in the past.

Not sure how much Orange United or other collectives nationwide are disclosing specific dollar amounts that players receive. I could be wrong. I'll certainly ask Orange United's GM about it, but he's declined to provide those kinds of specifics in the past.

Yeah doubt they will give much information on it

That’s why I say, these kids throwing these numbers out there are pie in the sky numbers

A majority of the players aren’t receiving very much NIL money despite what the national narrative is