SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

Interesting...
"There has been speculation around the program in recent days about the staggering number of student-athletes entering the transfer portal, particularly on the offensive line, which stands to lose three starters, second-team All-America center Olu Oluwatimi and tackles Bobby Haskins and Ryan Swoboda".
Speculation that Virginia OC Robert Anae is stepping down

The UVA board don't seem too upset with him leaving. Apparently doesn't run the ball much... UVA doesn't have bad mother Tucker though!
Fans will never completely be happy with play calling. Some have different preferences. I already looked up the running stats. They have been more balance in previous years. They adjust based on what they do well. This year 554 passing attempts, 339 rushing. They passed the ball better this year. They did run for almost 1,500 yards as a team last season. 2020 it was more balanced. 379 passes, 366 rushes. 2019, 520 passes, 442 rushes. 2018, first year of Perkins, 499 rushes, 358 passes

Interesting...
"There has been speculation around the program in recent days about the staggering number of student-athletes entering the transfer portal, particularly on the offensive line, which stands to lose three starters, second-team All-America center Olu Oluwatimi and tackles Bobby Haskins and Ryan Swoboda".
Speculation that Virginia OC Robert Anae is stepping down
Please send them all north

Get Armstrong to grad transfer to Syracuse.

If he likes these coaches and doesn’t go pro.
Armstrong not likely (link is almost a week old):
But, Schrader is analogous to a Bryce Perkins.
(style of play, as a dynamic dual-threat QB that scares opposing D-Coordinators more so as a running threat)

Last edited:
Fans will never completely be happy with play calling. Some have different preferences. I already looked up the running stats. They have been more balance in previous years. They adjust based on what they do well. This year 554 passing attempts, 339 rushing. They passed the ball better this year. They did run for almost 1,500 yards as a team last season. 2020 it was more balanced. 379 passes, 366 rushes. 2019, 520 passes, 442 rushes. 2018, first year of Perkins, 499 rushes, 358 passes
All I know is Virginia scored 30 or more points in 9 of 12 games this past year, while we scored 30 or more in only 4 of 12. They scored over 100 more points than us this year-Sign me up.

All I know is Virginia scored 30 or more points in 9 of 12 games this past year, while we scored 30 or more in only 4 of 12. They scored over 100 more points than us this year-Sign me up.
Yeah, these would be big time additions.

Like, program trajectory changing.

They'd bring firepower to the Dome. And they're excellent developmental coaches.

I watched Virginia and BYU light up the score board at about 2 am this year. Combined they went over 80 I believe in the first half, this would be the type of hire that could really turn it all around.

Is this a Sunday leak to smell the reaction of the diehards prior to a Monday announcement? Smells good to me.

#3 offense in the nation. and btw UVA fans were hoping Beck had a shot as OC. Thats how highly he's thought of.
This would be unreal and show that JW is all in with not only the program but with Dino.
These two along with White and his Defensive staff allow Dino to truly become a CEO type of leader which is his strength. ( Mac like)
Fabulous news.

If this comes to fruition, both coming over, to me it would appear Dino is here for at least two more years, barring a complete collapse next year at 2-10 and non competitive losses.

I'd imagine Elliott might offer Beck OC to stem his losses and keep some continuity in the program.

If this comes to fruition, both coming over, to me it would appear Dino is here for at least two more years, barring a complete collapse next year at 2-10 and non competitive losses.

I'd imagine Elliott might offer Beck OC to stem his losses and keep some continuity in the program.
Anae if hired would have arguably the most impressive coaching resume of any OC hired by SU.

These two have consistently developed quality QBs at the college level. Their track record is outstanding. And in the know how Babers and Schmidt bring with the running game and you have the makings of a special unit on offense.

Is is exactly what JW was looking for. Exactly. Hope we can get it done.

Last edited:

There’s nothing I like better than adjusting for the players you have instead of trying to fit a circle into a square.