SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

With a head coach on the hot seat this looks like a great hire.

OK...IF CUSE takes on Anae and Beck we MAY? have a problem.
Teams are allowed 9 assistant coaches.
We have White at DC 1..Achuff at LB coach 2,, Monroe swag coach 3.. Schmidt as Oline coach 4..
Legashefsky ST coach 5... Lynch as RB coach 6...West as DB coach 7... These 2 guys would fill out the staff and we have no WR or Dline coach.

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer...but how practical is it to take on both coaches?
I imagine White coaches LB's. Achuff gets the DL. New OC coaches the Wr's.

Hypothetical ?

HC Babers
OC/WR Anea
OL Schmidt
QB Beck
RB Lynch
TE/STC Ligs
DC/DL White
LB Achuff
CB West
S Monroe

Room for 1 more asst.

We can either hire a dedicated WR coach and have White coach DLs, or a dedicated DL coach and have Anae coach WRs.

Offensive CoordinatorAnae?
QuarterbacksBeck?
Running BacksMike Lynch
Wide ReceiversEither WR or DL ?
Offensive LineMike Schmidt
Defensive CoordinatorTony White
Defensive LineEither WR or DL?
LinebackersChris Achuff
Safeties/NickelbacksNick Monroe
CornerbacksChip West
Special Teams / Tight EndsBob Ligashesky

Is this a done deal? Thamel getting this leaked from Wildhack would suggest something is going down and wonder if they want them pre bowl?

Great hires if this happens. I still think Dino is on the hottest of hot seats. I wonder how John got a buy in from these guys in that scenario
For this I would think he's giving Dino 2 years, or will promote Anae if a move is made next year.

If this comes to fruition, both coming over, to me it would appear Dino is here for at least two more years, barring a complete collapse next year at 2-10 and non competitive losses.

I'd imagine Elliott might offer Beck OC to stem his losses and keep some continuity in the program.

I mean if you have stud oc and stud dc, what else do you really need on a staff. Dino is a great representative for the program.

If this works, could have two highly paid coordinators and Dino getting a haircut down the road.

After the debacle with the DC who ended up at Mississippi State, my guess is that SU is going to be very cautious about announcing any agreement until everything has been fully vetted. I would guess Thamel getting this info probably came from Anae's agent.

Maybe he is trying to get a little more money from SU and think having the possible hire in the press will help that cause? Pressure from the fanbase to get it done?
It helps the vetting process that he’s coming from Virginia.

If this is done, does Beck still call plays in the bowl game? Is that an audition for Elliott?

I really hope we make this happen. It’s a grand slam home run with no one on base.
Yeah lets hope he doesn't light the world on fire in bowl game

Most impressive thing about this OC/QB coach combo is that they've got gotten great production from QB's that werent considered great pocket passers. Armstrong was like a new QB this year. Passed for 2000 yards in 2020 to 4500 in 2021. Bryce Perkins came in after JUCO and wasnt necessarily a great thrower but he continued to get better and made good decisions within the system. Got them to the 2019 Acc chip game. He is currently on the Rams roster. Taysom Hill was another QB they got great production with. This is exactly what Shrader needs

One of the sneaky good things about this hire is that typically we’re not getting the guys coming off great years at peer programs. They get HC jobs or go with the HC to the next big job. Bronco quitting suddenly meant two very good coaches are looking for a home after a great year.

Do we get Hoo's That too? ;)

Most impressive thing about this OC/QB coach combo is that they've got gotten great production from QB's that werent considered great pocket passers. Armstrong was like a new QB this year. Passed for 2000 yards in 2020 to 4500 in 2021. Bryce Perkins came in after JUCO and wasnt necessarily a great thrower but he continued to get better and made good decisions within the system. Got them to the 2019 Acc chip game. He is currently on the Rams roster. Taysom Hill was another QB they got great production with. This is exactly what Shrader needs
Virginia has great receivers to work with. I hope they bring a couple along with them. We also play Virginia next year. This wouldn’t hurt having them at SU.

If we land this and it signifies dino’s here for another 2 then fine

I'll hold off until i see tangible results in 22. That's banana in the tailpipe thinking.

I don't want "he now has 2 years to fix a problem he hasn't fixed in 6". He has, to me, this year to fix and get us back into a bowl again. Anything less the entire thing needs to be blown up. If our offense is terrible, not sure why we want these UVA guys long term.

My skepticism with the program is at a 10. Dino hasn't been able to manage games. That has to change. Not sure a new OC will help that if he's still the guy managing games

I think part of Dino’s problem was with the original staff. If we can get the two Virginia coaches, it’s a huge upgrade with what we had the first few years of Dino’s tenure.

OK...IF CUSE takes on Anae and Beck we MAY? have a problem.
Teams are allowed 9 assistant coaches.
We have White at DC 1..Achuff at LB coach 2,, Monroe swag coach 3.. Schmidt as Oline coach 4..
Legashefsky ST coach 5... Lynch as RB coach 6...West as DB coach 7... These 2 guys would fill out the staff and we have no WR or Dline coach.

Don't mean to be Debbie Downer...but how practical is it to take on both coaches?
I would think Legashefsky is doing more than special teams. A coach can't spend a small percentage of practice on specials and then stand twiddling his thumbs the rest of the day.