SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

SU Targeting Robert Anae as New OC / Jason Beck as New QB Coach per Thamel and ESPN

It's certainly good to hear from board insiders that have contacts inside to validate things that all is well and it's just going through its due course. When you know it's a fastball your not concerned about the curve. ;)

I don't know Jaime at all but from reading her social media posts, I kind of feel that I do.

Based on that, she is a really passionate person who jumps all in on what her family is doing.

I can almost guarantee you that she is on this board, checking things out. I can almost guarantee you she had a big laugh (and then maybe regret) when she saw all her activity on Twitter related to Syracuse broken down in great detail, and would not be surprised if she pulled some of what she has out there in large part because she is now aware of how closely it is being looked at.

Just a theory.

I hope this all gets resolved soon. I need closure. And if I need closure, I have to imagine Jaime, Jason, Robert and all the other people involved, most especially JW, also need it.

Cue the presser has been scheduled for 2 pm today post. Please!
I'm with you on that one. Ready to get this show started.

Other than screwing up Ps firing, the Bohemian spelling, weight of the Library books, Carrier Dome deal,.blowing NY financing, Hiring the DC, Hopkins coach in waiting, or 44 the school has been spot on.
Actually we do tend to botch things.
As to these hirings im sure its ok but these deals are usually officially annonced within a day or 2 after major news outlets.
Different AD, no?

That is literally not true.

might be true might not be true. There's a lot of excuses that get thrown around to justify delays and yet I can see a hot rumor about some other coach linked to a school and it's announced within a day or two that it's official. The Syracuse process always seems to be a turtle. Petro was pretty slow moving to but it did happen. I feel pretty comfortable this will happen to.

That would be great, but if they waited this long, I'm betting it waits until Monday.
What’s the Over/Under on how many posts this thread will have by Monday?
18B11E55-9CF8-417F-B2E7-1CC8F3EDF380.gif

Let me know if he’s 21 and ready for his first high test ABV beer - we can make it happen.
Ha Ha, I said it in jest. I think there is a vice clause with NIL. No alcohol, gambling, pron...etc...

Last edited:
Well, Bobcat is a Bishop Grimes alum, so he knows Syracuse well.

I posted about this once before, but we saw Bobcat maybe 20 years ago at a small club here in Michigan. At one point in the show he said “I’m from Syracuse, NY. Our mascot is an orange because (in the Bobcat voice) THERE ARE SO MANY ORANGE TREES IN SYRACUSE!!”

We were sitting in the front of the stage on the right side and I yelled out that he and I were both from East Syracuse. That led to repeated short conversations between us where he would walk over to our side of the stage and ask me about something East Syracuse or Syracuse-related. The audience probably hated it, and it likely disrupted the timing of the act, but I thought it was great.

I posted about this once before, but we saw Bobcat maybe 20 years ago at a small club here in Michigan. At one point in the show he said “I’m from Syracuse, NY. Our mascot is an orange because (in the Bobcat voice) THERE ARE SO MANY ORANGE TREES IN SYRACUSE!!”

We were sitting in the front of the stage on the right side and I yelled out that he and I were both from East Syracuse. That led to repeated short conversations between us where he would walk over to our side of the stage and ask me about something East Syracuse or Syracuse-related. The audience probably hated it, and it likely disrupted the timing of the act, but I thought it was great.
My sister was a year ahead of him and Tom Kenny at Grimes.