Summer Ball Highlights | Syracusefan.com

Summer Ball Highlights

Thanks Francis, and are we back to recruiting Isaiah Whitehead, since it seemed like the interest was one sided for awhile?

Thanks Francis, and are we back to recruiting Isaiah Whitehead, since it seemed like the interest was one sided for awhile?
Red watched him a few times over the evaluation period. Interest has been shown and he wants to visit soon, so we'll see how it goes.

Red watched him a few times over the evaluation period. Interest has been shown and he wants to visit soon, so we'll see how it goes.
Is he coming to the elite camp at the end of August?

He has a weird off balance outside jump shot (Whitehead). How ill he do at the college level with that shot?

I know Kuran Iversons ranking has fluctuated but he looked extremely impressive in his video, and Marcus Derrickson looks like a stud already and he'll only be a sophomore, Francis what's his recruitment looking like even though it's still early for him?

I do like Whitehead's aggression going to the basket.

Briscoe's game reminds of Deron Williams
Selden's game reminds me of Kris Jo, but better handle.
Ennis not sure - just a heck of a ball player
Whitehead - not interested - don't think he'll wear Orange but ends up at Kentucky for Crooked Cal and company.

Ennis reminds me of Edelin in many ways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He does for me too ricardo.

And I did that evaluation based upon 2 games on TV. I too can be a talent scout.

And I did that evaluation based upon 2 games on TV. I too can be a talent scout.

No you cant because youre better at speculating

Ennis plays a lot like the coach who is recruiting him, Red Autry who just happened to be a McD-AA. He doesn't have elite athleticism but is a savvy floor general who gets his teammates the ball where they can do damage and knows all the nuances of the position. He also shows the ability to create for himself and score when needed.

I know Kuran Iversons ranking has fluctuated but he looked extremely impressive in his video, and Marcus Derrickson looks like a stud already and he'll only be a sophomore, Francis what's his recruitment looking like even though it's still early for him?
Derrickson currently has offers from Indiana, Nova, G-Town, and NC St along with more. He plays high school and aau ball for Paul IV and Team Takeover. So obviously Red has kept an eye on him so far.

I can buy the Ennis/Edelin comp.

Ennis isn't the best or most talented(no knock, just dealing with elite company here) recruit on our board but he's probably the most important recruit to me considering:
-Relative scarcity of elite PG options interested in us in 2013.
-Triche leaving, perhaps MCW leaves huge hole.
-We have a lot of firepower offensively in the coming years, but Ennis is the guy who could bring it all together, get guys the ball in the spots where they like it, facilitate the offense, etc. In short, he'll make really good players better.
-landing him can't hurt with Briscoe.

Ennis plays a lot like the coach who is recruiting him, Red Autry who just happened to be a McD-AA. He doesn't have elite athleticism but is a savvy floor general who gets his teammates the ball where they can do damage and knows all the nuances of the position. He also shows the ability to create for himself and score when needed.

Honestly, if I had to choose between elite athleticism and elite basketball IQ/savvy for the PG in SU's system, I'll take the latter. We're generally stacked with athletes at the 2/3/4...give me someone who can get them the ball all day.

Derrickson currently has offers from Indiana, Nova, G-Town, and NC St along with more. He plays high school and aau ball for Paul IV and Team Takeover. So obviously Red has kept an eye on him so far.
Former Team Takeover Coach, Doug Martin, joined Villanova's staff this week. Should help them in recruiting.

Former Team Takeover Coach, Doug Martin, joined Villanova's staff this week. Should help them in recruiting.
I know nothing about this coach, but are moves like this typically just to gain favor with recruits in a certain region?

I know nothing about this coach, but are moves like this typically just to gain favor with recruits in a certain region?
Yes, last couple of years i can recall Baylor (John Wall's AAU coach), Indiana (another Team Takeover coach also BeeJay Anya and Stanford Robinson's coach), and UCLA (Atlanta Celtics CEO. They have 3 top 20 players) doing it.

Yes, last couple of years i can recall Baylor (John Wall's AAU coach), Indiana (another Team Takeover coach also BeeJay Anya and Stanford Robinson's coach), and UCLA (Atlanta Celtics CEO. They have 3 top 20 players) doing it.
Can these guys coach? I know teams have done it for years, but if these guys lack coaching ability, does that water down the coaching ranks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom