Summer Workouts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

Still need to see it with my own eyes. But, I can at least imagine it. Plus, not just with 2 starting guards, but add a 3rd in Westry; and depth behind them too.

Guaranteeing it is bold for sure. Predicting it may happen is playing reasonable odds. Much of the optimism is coming from that mindset paired with positive results in recruiting and minimizing attrition to date.

I have a bad feeling.
I don't think our players are working very hard this off season. I see from social media alot of them just fooling around having fun when they should be in the weight room or on the court or doing military style training (preferably Marine or Navy Seal).
trust me you will know what I mean when we're sitting at 2-5

I have a bad feeling.
I don't think our players are working very hard this off season. I see from social media alot of them just fooling around having fun when they should be in the weight room or on the court or doing military style training (preferably Marine or Navy Seal).

Just waiting on the update live from the airport...

Screenshot_20230627_134038_Instagram.jpg

I have a bad feeling.
I can assure you that is not the case.

I'm sticking by my Dwyane Wade comp for JJ. Very similar physically, especially with the upper body work he has put in. If he stayed 4 years in College, would be right there. Obviously, don't think JJ stays that long. Big year and he could be gone.
Wade was an amazing college player, leaving after his sophomore year averaging 19.7 points, 6.5 rebounds 3.9 assists 2.3 steals and 1.2 blocks in 30.7 minutes per game for his career. His second year numbers are really good.

Hopefully, Starling can even get into the conversation of being as good as Wade this year, but I think Wade is far above any rational projection for Starling this year. I'd be thrilled with 75% of Wade's career average production.

Wade was an amazing college player, leaving after his sophomore year averaging 19.7 points, 6.5 rebounds 3.9 assists 2.3 steals and 1.2 blocks in 30.7 minutes per game for his career. His second year numbers are really good.

Hopefully, Starling can even get into the conversation of being as good as Wade this year, but I think Wade is far above any rational projection for Starling this year. I'd be thrilled with 75% of Wade's production.
Damn, didn't know Wade only stayed 2 years. Yeah, I'm not expecting HOF play from JJ. Just fingers crossed due to similar height/body type.

I'm sticking by my Dwyane Wade comp for JJ. Very similar physically, especially with the upper body work he has put in. If he stayed 4 years in College, would be right there. Obviously, don't think JJ stays that long. Big year and he could be gone.

This take is nuts. Last year Starling averaged 11.2 pts and 1.1 assists in 30 mpg. Additionally, his shooting was subpar -- 42% overall, 29.8% from three, and 64% from the FT line. Lastly, Wade was a great rebounder for a guard (6.6 reb/gm as a frosh, 6.5 reb/gm career) -- JJ averaged a mere 2.8 reb/game at ND. By chance are you a BVille grad?

Good comparison

Good comparison

To me I think Triche ( with more upside) is a better comparison. JJ was 6-4 200 last year and looks bigger -( Brandon was 6-4 210 at SU) but also is not overly aggressive seeking his shot similar to Triche and is a very direct north south player.

The similarities may grow over the season as JJ scoring 12 or more in a game equals success etc is very possible too... much like we saw with Brandon...

To me I think Triche ( with more upside) is a better comparison. JJ was 6-4 200 last year and looks bigger -( Brandon was 6-4 210 at SU) but also is not overly aggressive seeking his shot similar to Triche and is a very direct north south player.

The similarities may grow over the season as JJ scoring 12 or more in a game equals success etc is very possible too... much like we saw with Brandon...
Triche would have been even more explosive player had he not torn his ACL in HS.

More of Bell...

The last issue I have is with his shooting. His shooting is just fine. It's defense and rebounding that's the key for Bell
Came here to post something similar.

Shoot 38-40% from deep, rebound at an average level and don’t be a turnstile on defense. Do that for ~20 minutes every game and everyone is happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom