Summer Workouts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Workouts

He’s wasting time with that little hop before he shots. It should be catch and shoot with no hop.
It’s technically a travel, too, but it is never called.

It’s crazy that kids play elite high school/AAU/college ball and work with guys who train basketball players full time and still do little things that I had drilled out of me in the Oneida Armory by an assistant coach at MV and a guy who does HVAC for a living.

It’s crazy that kids play elite high school/AAU/college ball and work with guys who train basketball players full time and still do little things that I had drilled out of me in the Oneida Armory by an assistant coach at MV and a guy who does HVAC for a living.

There is a reason that slowly but surely the best players in the world are spearheaded by more guys who are from and developed in other countries.

Good to see he was able to gain weight so quickly with his slender frame. If he's mentally tougher and more aggressive I think he can be tons better than last year.

I remember a few years ago when the SU women played UConn in the Final 4 (I think), UConn had a player who had that hop so bad that I called her “Travel Girl.” I was more and more annoyed every single time they didn’t call it.

To me I think Triche ( with more upside) is a better comparison. JJ was 6-4 200 last year and looks bigger -( Brandon was 6-4 210 at SU) but also is not overly aggressive seeking his shot similar to Triche and is a very direct north south player.

The similarities may grow over the season as JJ scoring 12 or more in a game equals success etc is very possible too... much like we saw with Brandon...
Good comparison as well.

Screenshot_20230701_231235_Instagram.jpg

Big Man is on campus.

#10 on Rothstein’s ACC preseason rankings

That is truly an insane preseason ranking. No respect. Judah not even first team All ACC.

Last edited:
Does not say much about the ACC as a conference if it cannot put a single guard on its preseason first team.

We won’t be taken seriously until there is some actual game evidence that we aren’t a “zone team” anymore.
Our super tough non con schedule isn't going to help either unless we have a decent amount of upsets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom